Whaler's 4P Folders Build Log (32 Cores and 24 Cores)

Hoping this weekend to get the majority of it up and running....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Check Posts #3 for build update and #4 for pics update - system up and running and Folding! :D

345K PPD

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

And... I already have a home server(s). I have a dedicated TeamSpeak server that I run for my WoT clan and I have a media server running UnRaid that currently serves 40TB for the house... yes, TB. :) I then have a general Windows/Hyper-V system I use for testing various things....

I really like folding and the potential. I love the "competition" aspect to it and this is a little something I can give back. And no, I don't get to write anything off, this is all out of my own pocket. My plan is over time and upgrades to then make my older folding gear available to other LTT folders to help them get more into the cause.

What do you do for a living?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

WoT? That's a fun game.  :D

Although I've only been playing for about a month so I'm not as experienced as most people there. (Best thing I got is the American M41 arty that I got just a few days ago).

whats your username on WoT??? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Thanks @Whaler_99 for this very informative thread! It gave me a lot of helpful info. May I ask in particular, how much power this system draws from the wall? And in general, how high your electricity bill is for all the systems you have? I would be unable to afford the electricity here in Germany :p Thinking of moving servers over to Canada right now lol.

345K PPD

Are you trying to aim for 1 million PPD ?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

What do you do for a living?

I am an IT professional....

whats your username on WoT??? 

Guess? :)

Are you trying to aim for 1 million PPD ?

Don't think I will quite get there.... my other 4P that I am now working on, should add about 100K PPD, that, with my GPU's, should push me over 500K PPD though...

You could always buy an Intel Xeon Phi 5110P which has 60 cores and clocked at 1.053Ghz though I don't know how much it is and I don't know if it'll be any good for folding but it shouldn't be too bad lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I am an IT professional....

Lol, what specifically? Network security? System admin?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You could always buy an Intel Xeon Phi 5110P which has 60 cores and clocked at 1.053Ghz though I don't know how much it is and I don't know if it'll be any good for folding but it shouldn't be too bad lol

And I don't believe even supported yet by FAH. :)

And I don't believe even supported yet by FAH. :)

Well that sucks, all of that computing power and they haven't supported it yet lol

If you look at the FAH client - they are more about supporting mainstream/current hardware that most "home" users will have and can dedicate to running the client on...

Guess? :)

never mind... 

-Adolf Hitler 

never mind... 

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. The haven't been feeling the greatest Heat + humidity combo here in West Virgina.

I'm surprised that it's affecting me so much.... Lived in the southern coastal region of South Carolina (almost in Georgia) for 2 years and we've always had high humidity and high temps feeling like 120F during the summer.

Then again, I've always loved the snow.... 

Anyways, I'm guessing you've already figured it out.  ;)

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. The haven't been feeling the greatest Heat + humidity combo here in West Virgina.

I'm surprised that it's affecting me so much.... Lived in the southern coastal region of South Carolina (almost in Georgia) for 2 years and we've always had high humidity and high temps feeling like 120F during the summer.

Then again, I've always loved the snow.... 

Anyways, I'm guessing you've already figured it out.  ;)

ehm i looked for someone named warmon6 and i could not find anything 

-Adolf Hitler 

http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1004462105-warmon6/

there you go. 

You probably couldn't find me because i'm still new(ish) to the game.

i still cant find you becus you are on the american server and im on the europe server 

-Adolf Hitler 

i still cant find you becus you are on the american server and im on the europe server 

There would be that as well :)

Really excited to see this build log get finished. I've developed a slight interest for serious folding machines like this on recently and I find it pretty awesome to see the results that this one is getting.

Really excited to see this build log get finished. I've developed a slight interest for serious folding machines like this on recently and I find it pretty awesome to see the results that this one is getting.

Actually it is all done - system is folding away :)

are you planning on adding GPUs on your board when F@H will support GPUs on linux ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well Done fellow IT Pro! I am having a hard time getting 100k PPD  on 3 machines.. ;) haha