Modis Geekstakes Sponsored Giveaway

nicklmg

Well, I accidentally closed the tab I had written so here is the short version of what I had before.

Looking forward to improvements in the 3D printing space the most.  I think it will have the greatest impact on peoples lives in the long run, but it needs a few more iterations before I go out and spend money on one that can print something bigger than a tissue box and in other materials.  Affordable 3D metal printing is going to be amazing.

VR is going to be cool, but it has a long way to go before I'll be using it.  Clunky and heavy glasses are going to be annoying.  Screens will need higher pixel density.  And the whole thing shouldn't give me a headache. 

New monitors and screen types are going to be great, but I think there is going to be slower adoption of 4k due to gpu and content limitations.  Console gamers probably won't have support for these screens and that may slow sales in some markets. 

Virtual Reality :D  .. For racing game and air combat  ^_^ 

Oculus Rift currently.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

next gaming, steam box, that looks very good, the next step for good HD gaming

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

To be honest 4k displays and hardware that can handle the resolution are of most interest to me but the Oculus rift is beyond just supporting and creating a higher resolution, it's a new idea.

Virtual Reality is still in its infancy and I personally want to see the things we will be able to do with it outside of gaming in the engineering industry, retail, fashion, etc - almost everything else on this list caters to a very small audience. That said, 3D printing is the most exciting technology right now and is helping us make unique products and models that we would never have been able to make by hand or in real scale without a reference point.

Excited about next generation of gaming. Hoping to see 4k become a reality for average consumers so that we don't need any artificial method of removing jaggies because the original picture itself is tiny (aka antialiasing). And with technologies like G-Sync from Nvidia and SST from AMD, things are gonna get pretty interesting in the upcomming years.

Home Automation. The day my groceries just magically arrive at my doorstep will be a good day 

Virtual Reality in general will change the world in every possible way. I assure all of you.

Oh and good luck to everyone!

3d printing I've been watching a lot of barnacules nerdgasm lately

As someone who's just getting into photography, the new Lytro camera looks really interesting.

I love it all. I am real excited about 4k and 8k tv and monitors. I would love to win any prize though. All the new tech from Oculus to the Lytro cameras make me excited, and I talk about them every day with my family and friends.

I'm interested in home automation at the moment!

I love providing a service for people that make their lives easier!

#!

3D Printing... Always wanted one .. But it's not that cheap, maybe a couple of years we may see more cheap ones... :)

I'm exited about the Oculus Rift and virtual reality simulation in general.

Smart glasses, because someone needs to bring rain detecting windscreen wipers to the mass glasses market.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'll probably buy a new keyboard...i only have 15€ logitech one

3D printing because it would be interesting to make custom things at home

VR all the way, its hard not to be excited at what looks to be the next big thing.

Virtual Reality! Think of the worlds, entire universes, we can create and see! It's going to change everything :D And also augmented reality, imagining the possibilities makes me drool.

I love 3d printing and it honestly is the topic I care most about from the list. I'm not into wearable tch or something like that. A nice chronograph just looks much better than any of the smart watches imo and I really don't see any use for me.