Modis Geekstakes Sponsored Giveaway

nicklmg

VR and 3D printing are definitely the coolest things out there. VR is better because there are so many more applications for more people. 

As a gamer, just thinking of vr sometimes i have to go clean off my pants :3

Loves PC Games :D

I'd have to say virtual reality but 3d printing sounds pretty cool too.

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

Next gen gaming of course!!! Show the console peasents what real gaming is like!!!!

Virtual Reality is some really cool stuff but I dunno I might get motion sick from it, plus its gunna be really expensive for quite some time and doesn't have a whole lot of practicality for me yet I would think. Next-gen gaming? Pssh, steam boxes are cool and all but I am happy with my desktop I can just throw new parts in when they get out dated.  Wearable tech is what has me really interested, the Pebble Steel is amazing for example and is really practical and I could see it being very helpful and I would love to see more of these types of tech on the market. Hoping to grab myself a Pebble in the future. 

Definitely VR, I might buy an Oculus Rift DK2 for racing with a G27. Just imagining the possibilities is amazing.

Definitely VR, I might buy an Oculus Rift DK2 for racing with a G27. Just imagining the possibilities is amazing.

Vr. I want my sao

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

I'm SUPER hyped for the moto 360, it looks great.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

Wearables for me, and virtual realality that I can afford.

Next Gen TV technology. Thats what seems most exciting

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

3d printing...because you can make just about anyhting you want.

For me its wearable tech. VR is nice, but seeing as I've begun to move from FPSs to Strategy games, like Civilization, Starcraft, or Dota 2, VR gaming holds less appeal to me now. Also, the Moto 360 looks amazing, and is the main reason why I'm excited for wearable tech.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

I swear to you next gen gaming with the Omni and Oculus rift combined with be everything. Playing an FPS BAM! You can run on the omni and guess what? YOU'RE RUNNING THE THE FREAKING GAME! You hyped yet! I know I am! So I can wait man, I'm like Slick and the Oculus rift I NEE IT!

Voted for wearable tech because why not expand the functionality on what you carry around with you every day? VR is a very close second though. 

In the poll I chose the steam box option because I'm pretty excited to game in my living room.

What's your most coveted geek gear?

Probably a pair of awesome headphones.

Virtual Reality all the way!

Can't wait for the Oculus replacement.

I want to see what next can come from Gaming, and how it will improve.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I am personally pretty excited for the future of virtual reality. Virtual reality could not just only be a gaming accessory, it can also be a tool for simulations that can be used for army/job training.

For example, a person wants to become an official doctor, but they need to practice surgery. Instead of practicing on a dummy, they can put on a Oculus-like device and some motion tracking gloves to practice surgery on a virtual human with realistic looking and behaving internals in a simulation. With this, you can get feedback on what you did right during the surgery and what mistakes you have made using the data collected from the gloves and Rift. The aspiring doctor can even practice at home if he/she possesses the required hardware.

I believe virtual reality can change the world, and the Oculus Rift is only the first step. Virtual reality is finally becoming a reality.

I wish everyone the best of luck in this giveaway.