Modis Geekstakes Sponsored Giveaway

nicklmg

Comment below with your answer to our poll question for a chance to win a CM Storm Quickfire TK backlit mechanical keyboard!

new_teaser.jpg

Sponsor Message: What's your most coveted geek gear? Let us know which technology is at the top of your list for a chance to win a CM Storm Quickfire TK provided by Modis – a global leader in information technology staffing.

The biggest holiday in the geek world is right around the corner – Geek Pride Day is May 25! And we’re helping Modis compile a list of the top 10 next-gen tech products and celebrating the geeks behind them. Plus, they're gearing up to dish out 10 geek gadgets during Geek Pride Week in their Geekstakes Giveaway!

So, tell us - what types of tech are you getting most geeked up about right now? Is it virtual reality (something like Oculus Rift)? Smart tech (Google Glass 2)? Wearable tech (Pebble Steel)? 3D printers? Drones? What will impact the tech industry and your life the most in the next year or so?  Choose your answer above and comment below to be entered in the giveaway!

And stay tuned for more information about the Geekstakes Giveaway during Geek Pride Week at the end of May!

UPDATE: The winner will be drawn June 12 during the Modis livestream featuring Dan Pollock, a Senior Vice President at Modis! The stream starts at 11am PDT on twitch.tv/linustech, so be sure to check in to see if you won and to gain some fantastic insights about how to differentiate yourself from the competition and land your dream job in IT!

WINNER UPDATE: Sorry about the delay guys. The winner is MangoJuiceStain! Congratulations!

You will have a message from me about sending your shipping details soon!

good luck everyone! 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Next generation gaming is really interesting to me, like the example, steam boxes are really a hype for me because they are the official "console killer". I myself have a Silverstone Raven RVZ01 steam box sized pc :P

goodluck everyone

I would love a mechanical keyboard! I am just waiting for VR it is the next step in gaming.

774.gif

Quote me to get a reply!

i want a oled moniter so bad my science teacher showed me oled back in 2012

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I'm most excited with Oculus Rift tbh. Saving up for an Oculus Rift racing rig now. Less taxing and more immerse than 3 monitor setup = win.

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

3D modeling, the possibilities are literly endless, you could print some dinky little thing that broke and you can't find anywhere on the internet and print it for 25¢ in plastic

I'd probably have to go with future Linux support for games. I'm really looking forward to be able to play all my games on my Linux desktop. I was so sick of windows that I switched to Linux but now I'm missing a large majority of my favorite games. 

Linux is teh future :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I'd go with VR but I'm more excited too see what type of things flexible OLED displays will bring to the table. I'd love to see flexible 4K displays that you can roll up or fold into your pocket with your only NUC (like the ones atm but 3-4 times more powerful and efficient), though I wouldn't carry an OLED and NUC around in my pockets lol. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

More interested in wearable tech atm. Smartwatches (Android Wear) especially. 

smart glasses. i see them being big when it comes to augmented reality and augmented reality games.

tough choice between 3d printing and VR

Next Gen gaming will always hold my interest, but I am also curious about wearable tech and home automation!

Totally stoked for VR I for one have wanted VR for a long time and I totally can't wait to see what they are going to be able to do with it in the coming years! !!

I'm very excited to see where VR goes. Don't get me wrong, I love 4k but it's adoption is being held back by the videocard industry playing their "cards" close to their chest in a tit for tat game of releasing cards as slow as possible to squeeze out as much money as they can from each chip. VR at least has some decent competition and there's a big push to be the first to market.

I'd go with the future of Linux gaming as well. I think that it would be really cool if someone wanted to game and installed Linux with steam. With Linux being free and massive steam sales, it could be a really easy cheap way to game.

CPU: Phenom II X4 965. GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X 7770. MoBo: AsRock 970 Extreme3. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600. PSU: Antec BP550. HDD: 1tb Seagate Case: RoseWill Challenger. CPU Fan: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2. Monitor: Some crap gateway 1650x1050.