Project Contrast | NZXT H440 Fully Water Cooled (Acrylic Tubing, Custom Paint)

The_Edster

Very nice :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

It's nice to see someone with the same thoughts as me, I personally don't like EK that much because of the translucent blocks and the circle design, also the fact that they plaster their logo everywhere.

Yeah, its the circles, even if you do get the clean blocks there is the EK logo, and even that  just looks plain ugly, I also don't like that they are square,it just doesn't look right.

What's your camera? I like it :D

I have a finished painting the case, it has turned out alright. It's DEFINITELY not the best paint job at all, there are some things that I definitely want to change. Pictures will be up soon and you will see what I mean.

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

I have a finished painting the case, it has turned out alright. It's DEFINITELY not the best paint job at all, there are some things that I definitely want to change. Pictures will be up soon and you will see what I mean.

Pics or it didn't happen.  :wub:

White and Orange, omg.

I know :/ It's my current one and I don't have a justifiable excuse to get rid of it other than the color. I might try to see if I can somehow get hold of a black/orange one.

Try getting the orange/black gigabyte Z97 Linus reviewed last week maybe?

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

beautiful.

stunning iteration of the H440.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Try getting the orange/black gigabyte Z97 Linus reviewed last week maybe?

I dont want to get rid of my 3770k so if I got a new board it would have to be Z77 chipset, I was looking at the sabertooth Z77 and painting the thermal armor white but I don't really want to waste my current mobo either.

9bF89O3.png

Overall I think the painting went well though it definitely has it's imperfections, I think I applied the paint too thick and too quick in some areas causing some minor flaking. I will probably come back and touch these up later. The paint on the SSD's turned out really nice and I am very happy with them. The colour of the case paint was perfect and will look great with the Mayhems Pastel Orange concentrate I will be using.

9mDi3dK.jpg

All black case trim painted.

P3jFJZF.jpg

From the side.

DXDPkSN.jpg

Top case panel.

2Xzz8kA.jpg

Close up of intakes on the top panel.

Zx8HvxE.jpg

The painted PCI slot brackets.

9MyLPuq.jpg

From the back.

Sq5yNHF.jpg

The flaking at its worst on the PSU shroud logo.

sCa5SPh.jpg

The view from the front, looking pretty sleek. :)

EZFtZHf.jpg

I added three striped on the window side panel, not sure whether to keep them. Thoughts and opinions?

DVuWTDp.jpg

The full case with the side panel window.

45Nt3Ye.jpg

The painted SSD's.

dM2Cjx8.jpg

The SSD's will be mounted on the PSU shroud of course. :)

kXiBNkG.jpg

The paint I used for those wondering.

*PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES*

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

*jaw hits floor*

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Love the orange, very well done on the paint job i might add :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Love the orange, very well done on the paint job i might add :)

Amazing I love the colour combinations.

You did an amazing job with the case, can't wait to see the rest of the build!

*jaw hits floor*

DA BEAUTY BEGINS!

Not bad for a 14 year old then? Haha, thanks for all of the nice comments!

What would make it look even more amazing would be if you painted the rubber grommets orange, the ventilation holes white, and the noise dampening foam orange. But that's just my color coordination OCD. Aside from that, this paint job looks beautiful!

Your welcome and keep up the good work, i can tell this will be a good build :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

Do you think the paint you used could also be used paint Asus' thermal armor?

What would make it look even more amazing would be if you painted the rubber grommets orange, the ventilation holes white, and the noise dampening foam orange. But that's just my color coordination OCD. Aside from that, this paint job looks beautiful!

Yeah Plastidip them like a primer, then paint them with the same orange paint

That was my original plan but I realized the paint wouldn't stick to the rubber because they are so flexible, the paint would just crack. And as for the foam, it won't be seen so I'd rather save my self the unnecessary hassle. Also the internals wont be completely white/orange as thats nearly impossibly to achieve in a PC so the black accents will go with some of the other black internals.

Do you think the paint you used could also be used paint Asus' thermal armor?

Yep but I'm not sure whether I will be switching motherboard even though I want too because of Sabertooth Z77 availability and pricing.

woah, those orange accents really make the case stand out. looking good so far

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits