Project Contrast | NZXT H440 Fully Water Cooled (Acrylic Tubing, Custom Paint)

The_Edster

Uhhh Raidmax isn't exactly the nicest psu brand.

I've been trying to find what build to go for, for so long! And this looks very similar to what I was going to try making. Given I am an absolute novice. But do you actually need a 360 rad and a 240 one? I've been hoping I could do it with 2 x 240s. Would this be enough or would it build up to much heat if I overclock it abit? (going with same processor and a 780ti)

I've been trying to find what build to go for, for so long! And this looks very similar to what I was going to try making. Given I am an absolute novice. But do you actually need a 360 rad and a 240 one? I've been hoping I could do it with 2 x 240s. Would this be enough or would it build up to much heat if I overclock it abit? (going with same processor and a 780ti)

I think you should be fine.

i'm a potato

Definitely enough. Rule of Thumb (from what I've heard) is one 120 rad per component being cooled cooled.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Uhhh Raidmax isn't exactly the nicest psu brand.

I know but I have had this one for over a year with no problems, it does the job it needs to do. I will be sleeving all of the cables even though it semi-modular.

That will work just fine, I'm going for this configuration just because I can and also in case of future SLI.

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

okey awesome thanks for all the answers :)

• 2 weeks later...

The colour scheme makes me think of Portal.

Should I put an Aperture logo on the front? :D Even though that would be ironic because I have never played Portal (Its tough to admit that on this forum :P)..

Should I put an Aperture logo on the front? :D Even though that would be ironic because I have never played Portal (Its tough to admit that on this forum :P)..

Add it and I may or may not have an unused portal 2 game code for steam ;)

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

PLEASE ADD THE LOGO. PLEASE.

Add it and I may or may not have an unused portal 2 game code for steam ;)

Like this?

This in the center of the front panel

MpIjcke.png

This on the bottom corner of side panel

Pq6phOg.png

I'd stick with one logo

Yes! Maybe just the one though, don't want it to start looking tacky.   :D

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

How do you plan on avoiding get paint on the connection points in the pcie lanes when painting them? I also want to paint mine but not sure how to do it, one way I have seen someone doing it is by painting them by hand.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

Like this?

This in the center of the front panel

This on the bottom corner of side panel

BOTH BOTH BOTH. OMG.

Basically exactly what you said, yes.

no really, here look.

I'd like having the really big circle one on the front,

while the smaller one could be on one of the sides.

How do you plan on avoiding get paint on the connection points in the pcie lanes when painting them? I also want to paint mine but not sure how to do it, one way I have seen someone doing it is by painting them by hand.

I just masked over them with painters tape, it was a bit finicky but I wanted to be sure that the whole connector was covered. I will include some pictures of the painting in one of the updates.

BOTH BOTH BOTH. OMG.

Basically exactly what you said, yes.

no really, here look.

I'd like having the really big circle one on the front,

while the smaller one could be on one of the sides.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I don't know about doing two logos, I kinda agree with Wackyalex that it might look tacky. 

iL5vBdT.png

The first update! I will just be outlining and showcasing the water cooling components I have chosen as well as showing the case parts I will be painting.

GJzPvlp.jpg

Parts have arrived! Mostly all XSPC, you can find a full part list in the original post. Still need to order some.

dcjOrbS.jpg

Both radiators, I am a fan of XSPC packaging :P

3GnxSQ7.jpg

The AX360 Radiator going in the front of the case.

vXTnOJa.jpgBoth rads together, the 240 is going in the roof.

gH9YQTJ.jpg

Nice little XSPC logo.

EEbVAjI.jpg

Very nice finish and very sturdy/well built radiators.

XORClU4.jpg

The Photon 170/Pump Combo kit, with glass.

tZUX1FV.jpg

My attempt to focus on the inside acrylic tube.

2yswcwa.jpgPrimochill Ghost Rigid Compression fittings, very nice just a shame they aren't the same shade of white as the rads.

Dl6VV6s.jpgAll eight of them, still need two more.

ReUjcBi.jpg

The GPU full cover water block.

ynepJ3k.jpg

mnMCuOq.jpgRayStorm water block with white faceplate.

6Xu3fgr.jpgThat could be a new profile image!

BhQ5LZj.jpg

The case stripped down.

LUXF2UE.jpg

o7LB5Sh.jpgThese are all the parts that are going to be painted, the SSD's in white, IO Shield in white and the rest in orange.

ABUv4KN.jpg

The black trim along these panels will be all painted orange, should look nice!

Stay tuned for more updates, next update will be mainly painting as I wait for another order of tubing, fans and some brackets etc.

*PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES*

such a cool build.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

@The_Edster

What a nice surprise, I literally subbed to this thread 2 minutes before you posted the update, I'm so happy that you aren't using EK blocks and such, I just don't understand why everybody likes them so much. Personally I absolutely love xspc, they're clean and just look amazing, glad to see someone using their blocks/radiators etc. Can't wait for the next update.

Adrian

can someone do a watercooling render tutorial

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I just masked over them with painters tape, it was a bit finicky but I wanted to be sure that the whole connector was covered. I will include some pictures of the painting in one of the updates.

Cool I look forward to the update.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

Evry'day im Followin' <.<

@The_Edster

What a nice surprise, I literally subbed to this thread 2 minutes before you posted the update, I'm so happy that you aren't using EK blocks and such, I just don't understand why everybody likes them so much. Personally I absolutely love xspc, they're clean and just look amazing, glad to see someone using their blocks/radiators etc. Can't wait for the next update.

Adrian

It's nice to see someone with the same thoughts as me, I personally don't like EK that much because of the translucent blocks and the circle design, also the fact that they plaster their logo everywhere.