Project Contrast | NZXT H440 Fully Water Cooled (Acrylic Tubing, Custom Paint)

The_Edster

I agree with your thinking and the build is still very good, but make a promise to yourself when you upgrade in 1-3 years to get a white pcb motherboard like the asus sabranco and put custom orange stickers on the plastic armor.

Have you thought of having a 3D printed motherboard cover in white with orange designs and painting the heatshinks orange? That still costs money I know... just throwing in some ideas.

You can see some 3D printed parts I designed and printed for a friend's build. A PSU cover and also look at the back IO on the motherboard.

Also using a PCI riser cable and placing the graphics card vertically would cover the bottom half of the motherboard and show of your GPU waterblock more.

An example of this idea is the redefine build from MetallicAcid (though he used air cooling).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/247332-redefine-air-240-by-metallicacid/

I'm sorry but I cant make any promises! I will be selling this rig and building a tiny M-ITX more practical system (might do a build log), although that motherboard looks fantastic and really is what this build was missing.

I personally like the blue mobo, and I think it's for the reason that it doesn't seem to work. It's sort of a quirk that this system has and makes it feel a lot less like a beastly rig but a humble first build, but not in a bad way if you can catch my drift here. anyways, awesome build man, real smooth.

Yeah I get what you're saying! Thanks for the compliments  :)

Is there any way i could get your SketchUp model of the NZXT H440? Because i just cant find any detailed enough measurements and i dont want to buy the case if my plan is not going to work...

I would give it to you but I didn't make it to scale unfortunately, I just used it to represent where the parts would go.

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Read the thread title as "Project Comcast", now all I can think about this build is that it's going to be overpriced and terrible then it will lie to your face and not let you get rid of it easily.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

• 2 months later...

I dont really understand what you did for the loop can I see some more pics

• 3 weeks later...

I am just curious where did you mount your third hard drive the HDD

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Where did you put the HDD?

Im trying to figure out the same thing.

I didn't, I took it out completely just because there was no room. The only storage in the system are the two SSD's on the power supply shroud.

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast