Green H440 Special Edition "The Riddler" - Completed

_TechPuppet_

Thanks guys :D

I can't wait to see the progress, the suspense is killing me...

I can imagine :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Great job guys! Beautiful build and I can see that your photography skills have really developed! :)

Dat bend from the 120mm radiator to the GPU block ... I said " Dayuuuuum " Chris Tucker from Rush Hour style :D 

Dat bend from the 120mm radiator to the GPU block ... I said " Dayuuuuum " Chris Tucker from Rush Hour style :D

ericlee30 helped me out with that one, it was a very difficult bend as you can tell lol. :)

ericlee30 helped me out with that one, it was a very difficult bend as you can tell lol. :)

If I had to make that bend, it would just go directly from the radiator to the GPU. I'm dat lazy. And when are you going to fill the system ?

If I had to make that bend, it would just go directly from the radiator to the GPU. I'm dat lazy. And when are you going to fill the system ?

Im going to fill it once I receive the airbrushed panels. That's when I'll be takings the pics and possibly doing a video.

• 3 weeks later...

Update 22:

Here are some new pics for you guys.

I'm nearly done, just finished bending the tubes and putting it together.

All I have left is filling her up and giving her a nice airbrushed mural.

Just recently purchased some cable combs to replace the ones I have now.

Still waiting on them due to weather conditions but you will see them in the final pics.

I honestly never liked The Riddler's colour scheme as a villain, seemed too close to the original Joker for my liking...

But I am certainly loving the way it is being used in this build! Keep up the awesome work TechPuppet! ^_^

"Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

its early April any updates???

He's currently waiting for the airbrushed panels and once everything is all neatened up and finalised he is going to be posting the end result here, possibly with a video. That comment is above my own last one. =)

I honestly never liked The Riddler's colour scheme as a villain, seemed too close to the original Joker for my liking...

But I am certainly loving the way it is being used in this build! Keep up the awesome work TechPuppet! ^_^

Please dont quote images, instead use -snip-

Don't forget to Like the things you like!

Please dont quote images, instead use -snip-

I meant to, but apparently my Phone was not liking that idea at the time. Thanks for keeping an eye out on everyone though.

I'll be fixing it as soon as I get to my Laptop.

It is fixed.

how long until the next update @_TechPuppet_

I've tried contacting the artist yesterday with no luck and left him a message, so hopefully I get a call back today. I know he had a lot of back orders, but its been almost a month and I'm starting to get anxious. When I finally talk to him I'll be asking him about any update pics. Sorry for the late response, I've been taking extra hours at work.

He's currently waiting for the airbrushed panels and once everything is all neatened up and finalised he is going to be posting the end result here, possibly with a video. That comment is above my own last one. =)

Well thank you :) I appreciate that. And yes that's correct, once I get the panels back and tidy everything up I plan on putting the fluid in and making a video.

its early April any updates???

Waiting on the artist to contact me, but while waiting I've also been adding extra little touches to the build that I hope you guys like in the end.

I also want to clarify something with those of you who don't know, I'm not a guy, I'm actually a girl. I've noticed a lot of you lately been calling me a guy, which didn't really bother me and I would subtly correct as I responded. But I think now I'll just make it obvious lol so yes I'm a she not a he. :)

This looks amazing. Looking forward to seeing the final build with the airbrushing and the loop filled and all that. Great job so far :)

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

:)

how long till you think that the air brushed panels are back?

I was expecting the panels this week, I'm going to try and call him again today but I can't seem to get ahold of him. I'm hoping no more than a week but I have a feeling it will be another two.

This looks amazing. Looking forward to seeing the final build with the airbrushing and the loop filled and all that. Great job so far :)

I was expecting the panels this week, I'm going to try and call him again today but I can't seem to get ahold of him. I'm hoping no more than a week but I have a feeling it will be another two.

Awwww :/

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

tDwTERI_zps167e34ed.png

Update 23:

I've got some long awaited update pictures for you guys of the airbrushing. My artist just sent me some pictures of the work so far, along with steps of the process of creating the Riddler theme on the computer case. Hope you guys enjoy, I know I was excited to see them and now I can't wait to see the end result. This is one of the three panels that are being done.

1- We start by cleaning all surfaces to be painted with a wax, grease and silicone remover. 
Sqn4E7P.jpg

2- Next, we mask off the back side of each panel to keep things clean. 
bbIKByU.jpg

3- We also mask the clear acrylic window. 
j0meHTJ.jpg

4- Then we begin to prep sand the panels. 
ifdkckY.jpg

5- Notice sanded vs un-sanded. 
7ljWtq1.jpg

6- We also use a scotch brite pad to help sand the edges and tighter areas. 
Us4AGGe.jpg

7- Everything is ready. 
NnXzrne.jpg

8- Notice sanded to the very edge.
1qwNJRJ.jpg

9- Next, two coats of black base coat are sprayed. 
E6jyJ03.jpg

10- Now we begin the artwork portion. The supplied artwork is resized to fit the panel.
bRoUuRF.jpg

11- In this case, the highlights are trimmed and the neon green base coat is airbrushed through it. 
NtbodpY.jpg

12- You can see here the details of the layering process. Several different greens are used to create depth and black is used to tighten things up. 
lhcSM2D.jpg

13- Here is an example further along in the process. Things are getting much tighter and detailed. 
tUwqiF1.jpg

14- The artwork is about 80% complete. A few more details to pack in, highlights to pop out and we are ready for the matte clear finish. 
DYClkCN.jpg

15- An angled pic shows the layering.
Ucf8EXP.jpg