Napoleon: Total War is $20 on Steam.
top.jpg
I was going to buy a new jacket but I haven't done a giveaway in a while and this si funner, so here it is!<
To enter, just reply to this thread, and for the sake of discussion, mention your most ghetto PC fix.
I'll just pick a random person, not the most ghetto.

For me it would have to be the time when I cut up a fly screen and screwed it into the inside of my Antec 300 for dust filtering lol.

I usually ask that participants do a silly drawing just for the sake of it, but I've found that more people reply when they don't have to do drawings, it's probably because they can't be bothered.

Anyways good luck.

Update: Congrats to hambobolubia!
Sorry to everyone else who missed out, but I will be doing more giveaways soon, and thanks for sharing your ghettoness haha.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Its not much, but back when i had a smaller case, i had several hard drives  spanning 5 years old to brand knew (including an IDE drive) all hooked up inside my case, just resting in awkward spots, some were from laptops some from desktops to give me more storage.

I believe I still have a spare 2.5 5400rpm drive from an old laptop resting ontop of an optical drive, and I just constantly swap the connections depending on what i need access too. 
(I have an optical drive cause works heavily dependant on discs and as much as I try, my colleges aren't comfortable converting to .ISO and disc images for program files, apparently they're scared about it breaking something in the computer.)

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

well this one is kind of interesting and surprisingly worked.. my very old rig that was built in the diablo 2 days had a very rickety case at best and one day it pretty much fell apart on me so i basically wrapped it in duct tape and any time i needed to get into the case for some reason i had to spend about 10 minutes trying to get the tape off. needless to say that case is no long in use though some of the components are lol

i used a cut up coke can to enhance my wi-fi range for a year :P

My PSU didn't have enough power for my shiny new AGP card (so we're talking back in the days here), so what I did was I salvaged and old PSU, jumpstarted it and ran my graphics aux power of it. I had it lying on the floor with my side panel of the case. I eventually got one that was up to scratch

One time, my two monitors only came with VGA! I had just set up my comp, and this was going to ruin my day, so I frantically looked through my motherboard box to try to find a VGA to DVI Adapter. I finally found one, and that day I played Call of Duty MW2 (It was my first game I ever played with a computer before!!!! :D) and I was playing in the crappiest quality, because of the VGA. I eventually replaced it with a DVI-I cable.

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

When I stuck a 120mm fan onto a motherboard with double sided tape. It's still there and doing it's job.

Surprisingly, I haven't had any ghetto parts in my computer.

How am I the only one.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I've had many ghetto setups, my most recent being that I took my case apart to paint it, so I went ahead and took an old case's motherboard tray out, and built my rig there for the 3 weeks I took to paint my case. My favorite ghetto setup has to be when I took both side panels off of my case (the one i ghetto rigged while painting), and took my room fan and stuck it right next to it blowing at full speed in order to overclock with my stock AMD cooler. I dropped about 15 degrees surprisingly, especially since that case had absolutely no airflow.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

Hmm a ghetto fix, probably running an older PC with no case for nigh on a year just sitting on my desk .. 

#!

I used a two-prong USB cable connected to a 12 metre USB cable connected to another cable connected to my Wi-Fi receiver. Thus, with careful positioning, I was able to get 4 bars instead of 1 bar of reception from my landlord's house two houses down the street.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Le comente :3 and probably useing the thermal paste from a ps2 on my old P4 cpu

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I had to use the stock cooler on my 3770k. Even at stock voltages and speeds it heated up to about 95° C while rendering. So I just opened the side panel, took some old fans and hang them next to cpu with some zipties.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I have duct taped the side of my laptop screen together. So it doesnt fall to pieces.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

this is still in my pc right now witch is very sad due to only haveing a sata cable that is 4" long pic says it all

P.S. i got this hdd from a dead ps3 :p

RUxyPQa.jpg

My most ghetto PC fix was 2 rigs ago the crappy case I had just could not get good air flow so I just popped the side off and mated a box fan to the side.  Loud as hell but my temps were fantastic lol

well my friend made a gaming pc with a passive graphics card and I used a pizza box and duct tape to add a fan and shroud that drew air from the side of the case and blow through the heatsink

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

I chopped up an OEM but didn't have a new ATX PSU for it so it ran sitting on the desk with its weirdly shaped power supply for a week or two.

attaching a fan under my HDD using wires.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

My PSU broke and i had my PC on it's side with a temp replacement balancing in the middle of the case.

[i'll upload a picture of it when i get home]

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

i havent really had to ghetto fix anything.

i mean. my mac HDD died.

so i pulled the HDD out (disk drive was broken. and couldnt boot from flash drive).

plugged into my main machine.

and installed windows 8 onto it after formatting to ntfs.

then proceeded to plug the HDD back into my mac.

i still have my ghetto rig so i took a pic for you guys instead of trying to explain it. :D

post-18073-0-99305000-1368189081.jpg

I had a HDD running open to the air :/

I had to get data off of it, it was only for a few hours, but the RPM decreased from 5400 to 1200 over the course of 4 hours because of the dust.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

The FAN of my graphiccard broke of, so I bougth a standard 80 mm FAN and taped it with duct-tape to the plastic cover of the card.