AnotherTechGuy

The NH-D15 fixed the RAM clearance problem but not the problem of interfering with the first expansion slot which is the reason that the first expansion slot on high end motherboards are usually a x1 to support multi GPU setups and high end air cooling.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

yeah it was awkward, I am building my PC soon, and was looking at it before the D15 was announced and looked really awkward and had to settle on the D12S, but since I have not built my PC yet I am going to go with the D15

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Well, for quietness and coolness, you have to sacrifice somethings.  The NH-D15 fixes some problems, except the GPU one, but more and more motherboards are having a smaller slot, then the first 16x slot, so it doesn't matter to much.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

the d14 actually fits on some mitx boards...kinda funny. i got it on my asus board.  the first one with the daughterboard power supply.

Coolers don't have RAM clearance problems. Shitty tween yoloswag RAM with huge useless combs have cooler clearance problems.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Coolers don't have RAM clearance problems. Shitty tween yoloswag RAM with huge useless combs have cooler clearance problems.

I actually completely agree. The heatsinks are there just for looks but can often sacrifice functionality. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

strip yer ram naked they work (not all though). then buy a large case like the 900D or something like case labs and fill it with gt 5400rpm fans or something and forget about it (well you could hardly forget the noise).

Live your life like a dream.

I honestly didn't mind it when I had my K2 (basically a prettier D14). It was massive, but I could reach everything and it was really easy to take off and put on.

My corsair vengence yoloswag huge comb prevented me from getting the D14.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s