I need new headphones

zeus_anoxia

My headphones just crapped out on me so I need to get new ones but I have no clue what to get.

I use headphones for extended periods of time so they need to be super comfortable.

Also, I need my ears inside the ear cups (like, not having the ear cups resting on my ear lobe).

I use them for both gaming and listening to music.

I like a stronger bass response.

I have a separate mic so it's ok if I get a headset with a built in mic but it's even better without another cable hanging around which I won't use.

I have a 250euro budget.

I am not an audio snob. I have no amps/dacs and I use on-board audio. I have a friend with an Asus external audio thing. It's some ridiculously expensive thing and I can't tell any difference from my on-board Creative sound blaster.

For reference, I have used my current headphones for over 6 years and I loved them to death but the right speaker died today. They were Technics RP-F600

Audio Technica ATH M50(x) would be a comfortable pair of headphones and they're decent for gaming and music playback.

Audio Technia ATH  A700x have a great sound stage for games 

Beyerdynamic Custom one Pro, great for music too, has adjustable bass so you can add/remove as necessary!

Audio Technica ATH M50(x) would be a comfortable pair of headphones and they're decent for gaming and music playback.

From what I have heard and read, they dont have the best sound stage so directional sound is quite poor in games

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Basically, the only thing I know about buying headphones is making sure the frequency response is between 10 - 30.000 Hz. The low number should be 10 or lower and the high number should be 30.000 or above. Also, should not have an impedance of more than 60-65 or my motherboard won't power them properly.

Beyerdynamic DT770 is a good pair of headphones. the 250 ohm version might not get loud enough for you, so I'd get the 80 ohm version instead. 

if you want open headphones instead, there is the DT990, but I think those are mostly available in 250 ohm. Also, it's not all about the ohms, how loud it can get, there's also an efficiency number, most beyer's are reasonably efficient, so it might work. Frequency Range does not really matter either, most people can't hear further than 20 hz to 20 Khz, so over that is usually not really relevant, besides, it tells nothing about how loud each hz is, you need to look at frequency response graphs instead, like this one: 

li5Wl1M.png

and M50's aren't suitable for gaming, and (at least for me) they're not comfortable at all, the pads are too small and get hard over time. They sound "meh" imo, and they're not worth anything over 100$

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

While looking up the DT770 and DT990, I found the Custom One Pro. These things are on sale for about 160euros and the specs look good. Does anybody own a pair of these and can tell me if they are ok for gaming??

While looking up the DT770 and DT990, I found the Custom One Pro. These things are on sale for about 160euros and the specs look good. Does anybody own a pair of these and can tell me if they are ok for gaming??

They aren't the worst, but the Dt's are better.

I recently bought a pair of Audio-Technica m50x's and I can vouch for them. I love them.

M50x is overpriced. DT770 is better at that same price point. Although DT770 went up in price on Amazon for new ones...You can probably still find used ones at a good price.