Heaven Society - Week 3 (Steins;Gate)

JLCitadel

vfAXr6z.png

Current Anime

Steins;Gate

41011.jpg

Synopsis

The eccentric mad scientist Okabe, his childhood friend Mayuri, and the otaku hacker Daru have banded together to form the 'Future Gadget Research Laboratory', and spend their days in a ramshackle laboratory hanging out and occasionally attempting to invent incredible futuristic gadgets. However, their claymore is a hydrator and their hair dryer flips breakers, and the only invention that’s even remotely interesting is their Phone Microwave, which transforms bananas into oozing green gel. But when an experiment goes awry, the gang discovers that the Phone Microwave can also send text messages to the past. And what's more, the words they send can affect the flow of time and have unforeseen, far-reaching consequences - consequences that Okabe may not be able to handle.

My Opinion

I've always been interested in the theme of time travel and the concept of time altered events based upon it. I'm looking forward to it, and will edit this after I've watched the first two episodes.

To kick off the discussion, how do you feel about time travel? Do you have hopes for Steins;Gate to portray it and handle it well? Or do you think that the concept will get to big for them to manage and have it become a bit ridiculous?

Toon In Next Week To Find Out

On The Next Episode of Dragon Ball Z!

Links to Watch Steins;Gate

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Member Tags

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really enjoyed Steins;Gate but a flaw is that somethings just aren't logical at all... But what do you expect it's about time traveling... The plot is good even tho it can be a little boring at some parts. The music is well done. Some other things i really enjoyed are the references too real life. Like John Titor is an actual person that claims to be from 2036 and how the first computer was really an IBM computer and stuff. Also could you add me to the Heaven Society? 

I really enjoyed Steins;Gate but a flaw is that somethings just aren't logical at all... But what do you expect it's about time traveling... The plot is good even tho it can be a little boring at some parts. The music is well done. Some other things i really enjoyed are the references too real life. Like John Titor is an actual person that claims to be from 2036 and how the first computer was really an IBM computer and stuff. Also could you add me to the Heaven Society? 

Time Travel =/ Logical (Yet)

& That's interesting, I didn't know about that man.

Will do, when tagging someone with two words for a name do you underscore it? (I only type Izaya and it tags your second portion.)

@Izaya Orihara

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time Travel =/ Logical (Yet)

& That's interesting, I didn't know about that man.

Will do, when tagging someone with two words for a name do you underscore it?

@Izaya Orihara

Nope just @Izaya Orihara 

I'm actually surprised Steins;Gate won in the polls this week. I'll finally finish the series I guess~

tumblr_muis442K4S1sogqcfo1_1280.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

It's hard to believe Okabe's voice actor is the same guy who did:

It's hard to believe Okabe's voice actor is the same guy who did:

No way... I did not know that... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Be sure to watch the movie Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. It reminded me of how I wanted more of the show after feeling content with the ending. 

Steins; Gate used to be one of my top 5 favorites with one of the most interesting cast of characters from what I've seen but was knocked down by Oreimo S2 and the director's notes. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Be sure to watch the movie Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. It reminded me of how I wanted more of the show after feeling content with the ending. 

Steins; Gate used to be one of my top 5 favorites with one of the most interesting cast of characters from what I've seen but was knocked down by Oreimo S2 and the director's notes. 

Ahh I did hear the movie being very good, I'll have that lined up after finishing the anime. 

Director's notes? 

Ahh I did hear the movie being very good, I'll have that lined up after finishing the anime. 

Director's notes? 

The notes are a spoiler to the series. Have you finished Oreimo?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ahh I finished Oreimo S1 got half-way through season 2 but some of my friends told me not to bother with the ending of S2 so I never finished the series. 

Ahh I finished Oreimo S1 got half-way through season 2 but some of my friends told me not to bother with the ending of S2 so I never finished the series. 

I liked the ending. The issue with the ending for most people is disagreement on who Kyousuke should have ended up with. It also helped explain some Oreimo memes.

I liked the ending. The issue with the ending for most people is disagreement on who Kyousuke should have ended up with. It also helped explain some Oreimo memes.

I heard the author wanted to end it differently but he couldn't because it would have been bad press. The fans of the series were in a uproar after the series ended due to that apparently. I'll grab the rest of the episodes and finish it after I do some catch up. 

Were straying off topic now xD

What do you mean things just wern't logical? I get the OVA's time travel didn't make sense but I found the rest of the logic to be quite sound. Also Sern in Steins;gate Cern in real life, love it.

I found that this has had me look more open minded towards my tin foil hat friends and ask "What if the government is lying and it's true that 'X' stupid crazy thing is true?" obviously I don't outright buy into their crazy but I don't outright challenge them anymore, this made me start thinking like a tin foil hat crazy and allow myself to not instinctively shoot them down.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'm at episode 5. Its good!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I don't know if many people know this anime, but if u liked golden time, u might like this one.

My recommendation:

Nisekoi

0cf2bb1d8613e37f7b8913b0cc85065b13891237

One of my favorite anime, and one of my fav visual novels. so great. Loved every bit of it, and the ending is amazing. It's currently sitting at #2 in my anime top 5. so good.

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

I'm actually surprised Steins;Gate won in the polls this week. I'll finally finish the series I guess~

tumblr_muis442K4S1sogqcfo1_1280.gif

I started it but I stooped and I think that was only when half the season was out. off the top of my head I cant remember what its really about. My notebook of watching says im on episode 5.

id like to see them I just finished S2 last night

I think you should its a decent harem anime. I would agree that the ending was a bit of but at least it didnt go in the recent trend of harems where the basically ends up with all the chicks. >_>

I heard the author wanted to end it differently but he couldn't because it would have been bad press. The fans of the series were in a uproar after the series ended due to that apparently. I'll grab the rest of the episodes and finish it after I do some catch up. 

Were straying off topic now xD

What now???

I don't know if many people know this anime, but if u liked golden time, u might like this one.

My recommendation:

Nisekoi

0cf2bb1d8613e37f7b8913b0cc85065b13891237

whats that? is it brand spanky new?

So offtopic lol, and iv read the manga (still on going)

As for stein gates, so much random... I like it so far though.

yes the random I remember that

One of my favorite anime, and one of my fav visual novels. so great. Loved every bit of it, and the ending is amazing. It's currently sitting at #2 in my anime top 5. so good.

im interested in your top 5

@TheProfosist NiseKoi is a romance, parody, drama uhh..."harem" anime with a plot about a pendant and senile characters...yes they are all senile (wont give more info, ill risk of spoiling it). I think the Anime adaption is new but the manga has been around for awhile.

@TheProfosist NiseKoi is a romance, parody, drama uhh..."harem" anime with a plot about a pendant and senile characters...yes they are all senile (wont give more info, ill risk of spoiling it). I think the Anime adaption is new but the manga has been around for awhile.

gotcha, I think the anime just started this season ill check it out when it finished.

id like to see them I just finished S2 last night

I haven't been able to find them since I read it.

The director was talking about how he couldn't just ship Kyousuke and Kirino together, how the final kiss was supposed to be on the mouth, and Kirino's line "We're gonna have life counseling when we get home" was supposed to suggest that they were still secretly together. 

My recommendation:

Nisekoi

Send a PM to @Luclocke with that recommendation mate, maybe it'll make it onto voting for one of the weekly watches. 

I started it but I stooped and I think that was only when half the season was out. off the top of my head I cant remember what its really about. My notebook of watching says im on episode 5.

I think you should its a decent harem anime. I would agree that the ending was a bit of but at least it didnt go in the recent trend of harems where the basically ends up with all the chicks. >_>

I think I made it to Episode 7 before stopping, I'll be starting from ep 1 again. 

I find most harems absurd, its like the females fall in love with the guy for no real reason. I also already know the person I'd like to see together with the mc in that series isn't getting together with him. 

^ pretty much what he said. I'm watching it and I don't think it's anything amazing so far. 

Send a PM to @Luclocke with that recommendation mate, maybe it'll make it onto voting for one of the weekly watches. 

I think I made it to Episode 7 before stopping, I'll be starting from ep 1 again. 

I find most harems absurd, its like the females fall in love with the guy for no real reason. I also already know the person I'd like to see together with the mc in that series isn't getting together with him. 

^ pretty much what he said. I'm watching it and I don't think it's anything amazing so far. 

I skipped around 10 episodes of the series, cause I was hoping it would be over. I just wanted to watch the ending. I don't care about the rest of it. It's too drawn out for its lack of depth.

Trying my best to dance around spoilers here,

When you look at the theme (scientific nature) and concept the anime is built on, the cop out they use to close the paradox/duality that was situationally created is a bit... underwhelming, but I still give them respect because they kind of cornered themselves and I couldn't really think of a better way to deal with the situation they built. I saw it as analogous to an accountant fixing a leaky faucet in that they (imo) seemed to cross genres with regards to the method of resolution of the final problem. Once you finish it, what I said should make a lot more sense. 

overall, the way they dealt with the final "issue" so to speak was a bit lame IMO but there was no other logical good way; it sucked but due to the sequence of events it's impossible to make anything better of it short of magic tricks.  

Apologies in advance for the bashing,

IMO atrocities like Oremio (or however you spell it) are the metaphorical wrecking ball that swings production in suit of a peculiar (frankly trashy) content demand. I'd go as far as to call it and other horrible material I won't bother naming cancerous.

Spoilers are fine as long as you put them in spoilers and make a warning.

yeah, but I intended for people who haven't seen it yet to read this. It'll click once they see it.

Error: 410