Age when you got your first PC

18, 2months ago

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

17. I built a few of computers for one of the computer labs when I was in Grade 12 at secondary school. This was one of the few projects I had when I was a peer tutor and was just helping out the community in new and different ways. Another project involving servicing older notebooks in order for them to be suitable for use in the school district. Fun times!

I still have yet to built a desktop computer for my personal use though (eg. gaming). I am currently using a netbook for university lectures and an entry-level gaming and multimedia notebook when at home. I will likely build my own gaming desktop computer sometime when I finish by BA in two years and have paid off all my student loans.

Edited by GAMESaROCKN

Few months ago but it's a build with i7, Sabertooth Z77 and Dominators!  :ph34r:

<_<

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

18. So long ago.

Wow. I never came to terms with the fact that I didn't build a computer from scratch until I was 21 before I saw this post...

Though the amount of work I did to my pre-built computers in my teens should count, IMO.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Late teens, don't remember exactly.

22-23

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Built it in early January, so 13 years old! I'm still 13 by the way!!!

I was 17 when i built me first PC, I am now 30 :( damn I feel old lol

A lot has changed since 2000  :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

A lot has changed since 2000  :D

you have that right :D and for the better as well ;)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I started getting interested in PC's when I was 14 and my brother bought his game-machine, I was like "omg, I want that too" and since then I started experimenting with the machine I have (and still have!), resulting in blowing up my PSU, formatting my C-drive and many other mistakes  :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

10 years old.

3 years on now...

14, brand new.

I've been monkeying around with hardware since 5 years old however.

I was 13 

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

build my first rig when i was 10 or 11. currently i am 15

I'm 19 and I haven't done a build yet... :mellow:

Thing is I can't really afford it at the moment and I have a laptop that gets the job done at least for now. So some day I'll finally do it... :rolleyes:

13 when I first built my PC.

However I was about 10 when I first started messing about with PC's. 

Build my owne realy good rig when i was 14 (Last year)

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I did mine last summer when I was 14. I worked all summer in the Oklahoma (112 Degrees Fahrenheit FTW) heat but that made me appreciate it that much more.  This summer I plan on getting 2 more Dell U2412M's and a ASUS Xonar Phoebus soundcard.  I was only ~5 - 7 I started taking things apart.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Around 4 years ago (I was 15), I had £300 and GOD it was awful but I still have it to date and with the couple of upgrades I've given it over the years it still manages to play games  :P Planning something new for this summer though should be good.

Built my first when I was 3 years ago when I was 15 and is the computer I still currently use. Though I recently got a MBP Retina 15" (don't hate) for university and have made that my main machine. I was swayed a lot by my parents (read Mom) when buying the components (they wanted a home server style machine and I didn't of course have much choice). Being a newbie at the time I screwed up a lot of the software installation (started with MS Server 08, went to Ubuntu Server, now I'm finally on 7 Ultimate). The system is decently quick for my needs but I want to get into gaming in the near future and this won't cut it. With my Uni co-op money I plan on building a killer ITX rig in a 350D (or Prodigy, not sure which one yet) with Haswell and whatever board replaces the P8Z77i Deluxe board Asus has.

Below are the specs of my current build.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922

MoBo: Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 2.8GHz w/stock cooler

Graphics: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5

RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair XMS3 (had lots of trouble with blue screens, took out one dimm and it was fine, now I'm running 2GB or RAM...)

PSU: Ultra 750 Watt ATX

Drives: 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD & 1.5TB WD Caviar Green HDD

An alright build for my first. I wanted to OC the processor to ~4GHz (Linus has a great video on NCIXcom channel to do that) and boost performance but this computer has been a headache to work with over the few years I've had it. Constant blue screens until I finally removed that dimm of RAM and various other random problems. I don't want to put too much more into this computer (I would definitely need another CPU cooler to OC the chip) and would rather save it up for my next build.

Top Stig

It's a party in the GTA