Heaven Society Week 3 Poll (Anime Club)

JLCitadel

It's Poll Time!
vfAXr6z.png

Hello everyone, it's time for us to pick which anime we'd like to watch for Week 2!
Polls will be up for 24 hours, so you've got plenty of time to decide.
Below is a list of each anime, a synopsis, and an image.
If you're interested in becoming a part of the club, please click here for more information.
Each week we pick 3-4 anime that members of the club inbox me with, and the founders choose one.
Of hose four we select one based on a poll and then we proceed to watch and discuss it.

This Weeks Roll Over Pick
Steins;Gate
41011.jpg
The eccentric mad scientist Okabe, his childhood friend Mayuri, and the otaku hacker Daru have banded together to form the 'Future Gadget Research Laboratory', and spend their days in a ramshackle laboratory hanging out and occasionally attempting to invent incredible futuristic gadgets. However, their claymore is a hydrator and their hair dryer flips breakers, and the only invention that’s even remotely interesting is their Phone Microwave, which transforms bananas into oozing green gel. But when an experiment goes awry, the gang discovers that the Phone Microwave can also send text messages to the past. And what's more, the words they send can affect the flow of time and have unforeseen, far-reaching consequences - consequences that Okabe may not be able to handle.

This Weeks Admin Pick
JoJos Bizzare Adventure
40409.jpg
Beginning its tale in 19th century England, young aristocrat Jonathan Joestar finds himself locked in bitter rivalry with Dio Brando, a low-born boy who Jonathan's father took under his wing after the death of Dio's father. Discontent with his station in life, Dio's fathomless lust to reign over all eventually leads him to seek the supernatural powers of an ancient Aztec stone mask in the Joestar's possession—an artifact that will forever change the destiny of Dio and Jonathan for generations to come. Fifty years later, in 1938 New York City, Jonathan's grandson Joseph Joestar must take up his grandfather's mission and master the abilities necessary to destroy the stone mask and its immensely powerful creators who threaten humanity's very existence, the Pillar Men.

Member Suggestion 1
Kill la Kill
54379.jpg
Ryuuko Matoi is a vagrant school girl traveling from place to place searching for clues to the truth behind her father's death—the "woman with the scissor blade." The journey has led Ryuuko to Honnouji Academy. Honnouji Academy—where an elite group of students is granted superhuman power by their special uniforms called the "Goku uniform." With the power of the uniform, the student body president, Satsuki Kiryuin rules the students with unquestioned power and fear. Satsuki holds the secret to the "scissor blade" and Ryuuko confronts Satsuki to gain information but... Was their encounter a mere coincidence or fate? The clash between the two will soon consume the whole academy!

Member Suggestion 2
Durarara
20631.jpg
In Tokyo's downtown district of Ikebukuro, amidst many strange rumors and warnings of anonymous gangs and dangerous occupants, one urban legend stands out above the rest—the existence of a headless "Black Rider" who is said to be seen driving a jet-black motorcycle through the city streets. Ryuugamine Mikado has always longed for the excitement of the city life, and an invitation from a childhood friend convinces him to move to Tokyo. Witnessing the Black Rider on his first day in the city, his wishes already seem to have been granted. But as supernatural events begin to occur, ordinary citizens like himself, along with Ikebukuro's most colorful inhabitants, are mixed up in the commotion breaking out in their city.

Member Suggestion 3
Boku wa Tomodoachi ga Sukunai (Haganai - I don't have many friends)
32873.jpg
Hasegawa Kodaka has transferred schools, and he's having a hard time making friends. It doesn't help that his blond hair tends to make people think he's a delinquent. One day, he runs into his bad-tempered solitary classmate Yozora while she's talking animatedly to her imaginary friend Tomo. Realizing that neither of them have any actual friends, they decide that the best way to alter this situation is to form a club and start recruiting. That is how "Rinjinbu", The Neighbours' Club, was formed, a club specifically designed for people who don't have very many friends. As other lonely classmates slowly join their little club, they'll try to learn how to build friendships through cooking together, playing games, and other group activities. But will this group of relationship-challenged misfits really be able to get along? 

Member Tags

@Cryptonite

@DarkCrow

@EChondo

@killers993

@Epitome

@Rockmandash12

@CatCloud

@TheProfosist

@GokuLy

@RainColt

@MyInnerFred

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhh shoot the options are hard this week... No idea what I want to pick. 

I'll hold my vote for now. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ahhhh shoot the options are hard this week... No idea what I want to pick. 

I'll hold my vote for now. 

Jojo and Kill la Kill are both similar in their off beat ridiculousness of an anime, though KlK takes it much further, Jojo is an extremely fast paced anime and you feel like you've seen a seasons worth in 6 episodes. It's pretty intense the whole time. 

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this list, I gatta pick Durarara! Mainly because I  haven't heard of the others

On this list, I gatta pick Durarara! Mainly because I  haven't heard of the others

I saw Durarara! a while back, good series. Loved the Baccano cameo in it haha. 

Don't you want to try a new series? I'd personally try picking something I haven't watched yet. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I saw Durarara! a while back, good series. Loved the Baccano cameo in it haha. 

Don't you want to try a new series? I'd personally try picking something I haven't watched yet. 

I would, but I'm slowly loosing interest in anime sadly. ;c mainly just rewatching ones I've seen.

I would, but I'm slowly loosing interest in anime sadly. ;c mainly just rewatching ones I've seen.

Any particular reason? Is it that the new shows are too stereotypical for their genre or what? 

That and too predictable. Shingeki No Kyojin is the newest non-predictable anime I've watched. If you can recommend others to me I'll watch!

That and too predictable. Shingeki No Kyojin is the newest non-predictable anime I've watched. If you can recommend others to me I'll watch!

Hmm I'll send you some recommendations later, my brains too geared for work right now(plus I'm working right now). 

I can't pull anything off the top of my head. 

im going to suggest some older ones next week! Well if I remember...

You'd better not, I'll make sure you remember. 

You'd better not, I'll make sure you remember.

I better not remember? but youll make me ????? O.o

I better not remember? but youll make me ????? O.o

We need dem recommendations~

Ac99SsL.gif

EDIT: dang we have a tie at the moment. 

I'll postpone suggesting Black rock shooter and pick something older too, I've been meaning to watch another show also but again haven't gotten around to it.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'ma going jojo because i haven't seen it, and I really want to.

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

We need dem recommendations~

Ac99SsL.gif

EDIT: dang we have a tie at the moment.

Ok I can have quite a few ready. i think there should be at least one Pre-2007, Post-2007, recent, and current offering each week.

Ok I can have quite a few ready. i think there should be at least one Pre-2007, Post-2007, recent, and current offering each week.

All business inquires(recommendations) are to be forwarded to @Luclocke~! I'll be accepting the payments(I'm a scumbag). 

As of now all series that are on the voting board are pms sent to Luclocke, you should let him know if you think a different voting layout would be more interesting. 

All business inquires(recommendations) are to be forwarded to @Luclocke~! I'll be accepting the payments(I'm a scumbag). 

As of now all series that are on the voting board are pms sent to Luclocke, you should let him know if you think a different voting layout would be more interesting.

well im just thinking to diversify the offering each voting time because the last two voes have been made up of current and the rest recent. And to be truthfull have have been a couple gems but for the most part offerings wernt so hot in my opinion, especially last year. Also if something does well but doesnt win bring it back and if something does horribly banish it until we cant think of something else.

I dont know what do you think of that? i would prefer to keep this discussion on the forum rather than PMs but I can move it over to the main club thread if preferred.

well im just thinking to diversify the offering each voting time because the last two voes have been made up of current and the rest recent. And to be truthfull have have been a couple gems but for the most part offerings wernt so hot in my opinion, especially last year. Also if something does well but doesnt win bring it back and if something does horribly banish it until we cant think of something else.

I dont know what do you think of that? i would prefer to keep this discussion on the forum rather than PMs but I can move it over to the main club thread if preferred.

Hmm I see.... I for one am horrible at finding new or old series to watch so I have a bad gauge on things. 

Good idea lets move this onto the main thread. 

I am addicted to Kill La Kill right now xD 

wotm8?

Dang Steins;Gate is really pulling ahead right now. 

Personally I suggest anime that I've been meaning to watch but put off.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Personally I suggest anime that I've been meaning to watch but put off.

thats fine too

I posted a bit more on this in the main thread