Transfering data to Windows 8 OS

Colby

Hi there, I recently received a customers computer that had Windows XP installed on it. She didn't want to fix the computer, but instead wanted to transfer her information to her new Gateway with windows 8 Installed. So I removed the hard drive from the XP machine and began backing up the data using Restorer Ultimate. I then removed the hard drive from the Gateway (Windows 8) and copied the folder of recovered data  to it. So it looked like C:\Recovered Data\. I reinstalled the hard hard drive in the Gateway and booted the machine up and my folder of recovered data was gone. I tried doing a search for the missing folder and found nothing. So I tried it again naming the folder something different and copying it to a different directory and when I booted the windows 8 machine the backed up data would be gone. Transfering data to Windows 8 using a external hard drive or pushing it over the network has worked fine for me. But copying data to the hard drive when the machine is off leads me to this problem. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem