Find me a headset!

CowsGoRoar

I'm looking for a gaming headset. It must also include a mic. I'm not very sure about the price, but find one that is a good value or very cheap.

And I don't mean the earphones/buds.

to get back at OP, if you MUST have a headset per se, id look at the H lineup and make your pick for the desired money you wish to spend. (9h, 5hv3, 3hv2)

Other than that i do recommend a headset with a desktop mic or somthing

note: 3h is marketed as on ear

I think emorarity was talking about ohms, not price. 

and the sr009 happens to be 145k ohms

I'm not sure as of yet, but I think the ohms ratings calculation differs between different types of drivers. For example, the AD700 is rated at 32 ohms, while the HE400 (planar driver) is rated at 34 ohms, just 2 ohms apart. But the HE400 requires much more juice to function properly (not just to give out noise/sound). I'd imagine the electrostatic driver would draw even more juice...

I'm not sure as of yet, but I think the ohms ratings calculation differs between different types of drivers. For example, the AD700 is rated at 32 ohms, while the HE400 (planar driver) is rated at 34 ohms, just 2 ohms apart. But the HE400 requires much more juice to function properly (not just to give out noise/sound). I'd imagine the electrostatic driver would draw even more juice...

dont quote me on this but, i dont think just because the ohms are low it means headphones are easy to drive, (has something to do with current?) idk honestly

http://nwavguy.blogspot.nl/2011/02/headphone-impedance-explained.html

might help you

To be fair, Staxs are electrostatic drivers, so not apple to apple compared to dynamic drivers :)

And it's 5 something grand. I think 50 something grand (USD) could actually get us a nice German cars :D

I was talking impedance. 

It's because ohms don't give the full picture. The sensitivity also matters and I think other things that I do not know of. 

It's because ohms don't give the full picture. The sensitivity also matters and I think other things that I do not know of. 

Those are the 2 I know, ohm and sensitivity. But then again, the AD700 is rated at 98dB/mW, while the HE400 is rated at 92dB. But still in reality, so far apart. 

dont quote me on this but, i dont think just because the ohms are low it means headphones are easy to drive, (has something to do with current?) idk honestly

http://nwavguy.blogspot.nl/2011/02/headphone-impedance-explained.html

might help you

Yeah, I read that before, but it's like astrophysics to me. I just read half way before my brain gave up.... :P

I was talking impedance. 

Ah ok, so i'd imagine electrostatic is like old muscle cars. Not quite efficient, but performs really well. So there are headphones that rates in kilo ohms. Perhaps that's why they call it 'earspeakers'

Its a mixture of power handling/sensitivity and impedance, it will get you the power in milliwatts needed to make a headphone run at a given amplitude. 

Regardless of budget, they are way over priced for what they are. Which are $150 headphones with a boom mic glued on.

Regardless of budget, they are way over priced for what they are. Which are $150 headphones with a boom mic glued on.

sorry, he asked for a headset which is what hes gonna get, hes not going to get ''good'' value out of stuff.'

but if your looking for a gaming headset, this does perform with an open back, with a big soundstage.

I remember back then I forgot to pack some cans while I was overseas and bought a 2 bucks headset from cdrking as emergency since the plane was leaving (I remember playing c&c generals  non zero hour) it works but hey it's better than no sound (lappy had broken speaker)

for headset try any of the cheaper corsair line? anything below 50 bucks should do well in a year or two until you decide to go to a better sounding cans.

Live your life like a dream.