Find me a headset!

CowsGoRoar

Last time I tested a Corsair Vengeance which were the regular 1500, the drivers kept touching my ears.. God dammit..

You say the 2100 fixes the issue?

I've personally never used them, I've always just been told that they're well worth the extra money over the G930.

I hated the G930 so anything's an upgrade. It sucks when I go from a $100 headset to $40 headphones.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

When you get good headphones, let me know

And this is why people hate the audio subforum. If you are going to continue with this sort of attitude, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

And this is why people hate the audio subforum. If you are going to continue with this sort of attitude, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

People hate us because we tell them they are wrong, people create the stereotype because of the occassional dickhead, who promtply leave back for headfi. (God, get it right - Napoleon.jpg)

When you get good headphones, let me know

'Good' or 'bad', especially in something like audio, is totally subjective, plus everyone got their own standard. For example, lots of people praise the Senn's HD598. I actually prefer the oh-so-cheaper AD700, because I dislike the frequency response of the HD598, which emphasize too much on mids. But I can understand if other people would like it, because it's their preference vs my preference.

Talk about 'class', or individual standards, it's the same. Some people praise Razer headsets highly, while other people (audio-mania mostly) say they're trash. For most people, the HD800, or LCD2 might be heavenly, but for Stax SR009 owners, they might be trash as well. Because everybody got their own different standards. Heavenly for us might be trash for others, and vice versa. 

Sorry, I hate being like that, but it irritates me when people are arrogant because they dont like people telling them that their headphones arent veey good, and then I say things I shouldn't say.

Sorry, I hate being like that, but it irritates me when people are arrogant because they dont like people telling them that their headphones arent veey good, and then I say things I shouldn't say.

The only arrogant one on this thread is you man, lol. I don't know how you perceived what I said as "arrogant", but sorry for rustling your jimmies.

I mean you weren't even that correct. Sound cards are terrible compared to external solutions for the same price and  EQ is really unnecessary. Also the whole impedance thing. 

I mean you weren't even that correct. Sound cards are terrible compared to external solutions for the same price and  EQ is really unnecessary. Also the whole impedance thing. 

Sound cards are terrible compared to external solutions...correct

for the same price....not necessarily

EQ is unecessary....way wrong...tell a studio that

And impedance is huge when it comes to headphones

Sound cards are terrible compared to external solutions...correct

for the same price....not necessarily

EQ is unecessary....way wrong...tell a studio that

And impedance is huge when it comes to headphones

Well, by your logic (headphone impedance = quality), then the DT770 600 ohms is waaayyyy better than the 300 ohms HD800, and even waaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than the 40 ohms ATH-W5000, and even further apart from the 36 ohms AKG K812. Well, I learn new things everyday.....

*wish there are headphones with 10 Kilo ohms. Imagine how that would sound....

Well, by your logic (headphone impedance = quality), then the DT770 600 ohms is waaayyyy better than the 300 ohms HD800, and even waaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than the 40 ohms ATH-W5000, and even further apart from the 36 ohms AKG K812. Well, I learn new things everyday.....

You are understanding my logic wrong good sir

Stax's though, 50 somthing grand. 

You are understanding my logic wrong good sir

Well, I'm only trying to understand this:

Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT 880, not going to name them all. Open back headphones are the best for gaming, have a better sound stage, higher impedance headphones produce better sound after burn in.

Now im not going to argue with someone that doesnt appear to know the audio ins and outs. So ignore list, have a nice day

But yeah, when I read the line again, there are actually 2 possible meanings:

- Higher impedance headphones produce better sound (compared to lower impedance headphones)

- Higher impedance headphone produce better sound ONLY after burn in (implying lower impedance headphones don't need burn ins to produce better sound)

Stax's though, 50 somthing grand. 

To be fair, Staxs are electrostatic drivers, so not apple to apple compared to dynamic drivers :)

And it's 5 something grand. I think 50 something grand (USD) could actually get us a nice German cars :D

Well, I'm only trying to understand this:

But yeah, when I read the line again, there are actually 2 possible meanings:

- Higher impedance headphones produce better sound (compared to lower impedance headphones)

- Higher impedance headphone produce better sound ONLY after burn in (implying lower impedance headphones don't need burn ins to produce better sound)

To be fair, Staxs are electrostatic drivers, so not apple to apple compared to dynamic drivers :)

And it's 5 something grand. I think 50 something grand (USD) could actually get us a nice German cars :D

What I meant by that is headphones with impedance ranges from 300-600 ohms TYPICALLY produce the best sound. Not always though

I think emorarity was talking about ohms, not price. 

and the sr009 happens to be 145k ohms

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Like I said, when you get 300 ohm open back headphones and a sound card to properly power and amplify 300 ohms EQ'ed correctly after burn in. You let me know how much better they sound over your ATH-M50s's :D

higher ohm headphones dont actually mean shit, just wanted to let you know that

with all due respect ser

higher ohm headphones dont actually mean shit, just wanted to let you know that

with all due respect ser

Read my post a few posts back instead of just one, thanks

Read my post a few posts back instead of just one, thanks

who says i didnt.

whi says i didnt.

Ok then i didnt say just because it has higher impedance they are better.

you said most of the times, which also is not true

Im not starting another argument with someone, i know what i said, which is not "most of the time", thanks

You actually did just say that. Might want to read your comment again. Also, I'm pretty sure that creative sound card you have has crazy high output impedance. So yes. you can get something much better for the price. And on top of that, EQ in the studio is completely different from eq as a consumer. It won't make that much of a difference. 

You actually did just say that. Might want to read your comment again. Also, I'm pretty sure that creative sound card you have has crazy high output impedance. So yes. you can get something much better for the price. And on top of that, EQ in the studio is completely different from eq as a consumer. It won't make that much of a difference. 

Im ignoring this thread now, tired of arguing with people that dont understand what i mean. I know what i said, if you dont understand what i meant then too bad. Have a nice day :D

Im ignoring this thread now, tired of arguing with people that dont understand what i mean. I know what i said, if you dont understand what i meant then too bad. Have a nice day :D

More like you have no response and can't take what you dish out when you really don't know what you're talking about.