Find me a headset!

CowsGoRoar

I'm looking for a gaming headset. It must also include a mic. I'm not very sure about the price, but find one that is a good value or very cheap.

And I don't mean the earphones/buds.

This would work good for you

Microphone-and-Headset-for-driver-and-fr

@Whiskers

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

G930, under 100, 7.1 surround, wireless. You don't feel free untill you can shit and still listen to your music

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

Probably any Corsair Vengeance headphones in your budget would work

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

This would work good for you

Microphone-and-Headset-for-driver-and-fr

@Whiskers

Hmmm... I think this would work better tho

Exhibit-L.jpg

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

G930, under 100, 7.1 surround, wireless. You don't feel free untill you can shit and still listen to your music

If you want a GOOD headset, dont go USB. Also, in my opinion, headsets under 100$ arent very good.

Logitech g230 at least it is good value

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Get chu' one!*

Girl-Funny-Headphones-Celebrity-315x851.

*Disclaimer: Product does not come with the girl or rings.

In all seriousness, try the Superlux HD681 or HD668b. They're in the under $50 range. Y'know what? Incoming giant image!

original.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

If you are willing to go Headset and microphone separately, you will get amazing results.

Try and find a bad review on the Superlux HD668B  or Superlux HD681.  I own the Superlux HD668B's myself and they are nothing short of incredible.  Pair them with a $5 microphone that comes with a stand from Radioshack and you are in business without having paid more than $45.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Get ATH-M50s or HD558s and a mod mic. You will be much happier.

I support this.

Get ATH-M50s or HD558s and a mod mic. You will be much happier.

I support this.

The ATH-M50s's are terrible headphones for gaming

The ATH-M50s's are terrible headphones for gaming

What_you_talking_about.gif

They are great for studio monitoring and podcasting, bad for gaming.

Blah blah grumble grumble <insert elitist insult here>.

Nah but for real, it has to do with your taste. You can make that argument for just about anything in the context you're using.

Blah blah grumble grumble <insert elitist insult here>.

Nah but for real, it has to do with your taste. You can make that argument for just about anything in the context you're using.

When you get good headphones, let me know

When you get good headphones, let me know

Lol, you're really going to be like that?

Tell me what good headphones are.

Lol, you're really going to be like that?

Tell me what good headphones are.

Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT 880, not going to name them all. Open back headphones are the best for gaming, have a better sound stage, higher impedance headphones produce better sound after burn in.

Now im not going to argue with someone that doesnt appear to know the audio ins and outs. So ignore list, have a nice day

Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT 880, not going to name them all. Open back headphones are the best for gaming, have a better sound stage, higher impedance headphones produce better sound after burn in.

Now im not going to argue with someone that doesnt appear to know the audio ins and outs. So ignore list, have a nice day

Is this guy for real? I don't understand what I did.

If you still see my posts bro, I seriously don't know what your problem is. I was curious to why you said what you said, lol.

I won't argue with you on that though. Open-backs sound like they'd be better for gaming, but not everyone is going to spend that much on some headphones, lol.

I also know plenty of the "ins and outs of audio".

Is this guy for real? I don't understand what I did.

If you still see my posts bro, I seriously don't know what your problem is. I was curious to why you said what you said, lol.

I won't argue with you on that though. Open-backs sound like they'd be better for gaming, but not everyone is going to spend that much on some headphones, lol.

I also know plenty of the "ins and outs of audio".

Like I said, when you get 300 ohm open back headphones and a sound card to properly power and amplify 300 ohms EQ'ed correctly after burn in. You let me know how much better they sound over your ATH-M50s's :D

Like I said, when you get 300 ohm open back headphones and a sound card to properly power and amplify 300 ohms EQ'ed correctly after burn in. You let me know how much better they sound over your ATH-M50s's :D

Woah, even I'm not this big of a douche.

Higher impedance has nothing to do with the actual sound quality. higher impedance has the POTENTIAL to be better but are not the deciding factor if they are better or not. Also, stop acting all snobby. 

I support this.

While he acted terrible, the M50 isn't a good value above around $100 and the small sound stage does ruin it for gaming.

Back to the situation, Pioneer SE-A1000 with a Zalman clip on, modmic, or blue snowflake/snowball is a good option. The bass is a little bit lacking though. If you want a bit more bass go Sennheiser HD518 instead. 

Superlux HD668B plus a cheap microphone.

If not, Corsair Vengeance 2100. Linus recommends them over the G930s.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Superlux HD668B plus a cheap microphone.

If not, Corsair Vengeance 2100. Linus recommends them over the G930s.

Last time I tested a Corsair Vengeance which were the regular 1500, the drivers kept touching my ears.. God dammit..

You say the 2100 fixes the issue?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.