Best monitor for landscape and portrait view ?

Hey guys,

I've planned to buy a new pc when haswell comes out.

4770k processor

16gigs of gskill ripjaws x ram

hd 7970 3gb graphic card (vapor x edition)

ax850 gpu (for future upgrades)

corsair cabinet 400r

240gigs of corsair neutron gtx ssd

2tb wdd caviar black

h100i cooler 

need to decide upon the mobo later

So what i'm planning to do is buy 2 monitors, 1 for landscape view and another for portrait view.

I'll game on the landscape monitor and multitask on portrait view monitor (copying stuff, using browser and small stuff like that)

I plan on getting "Dell Ultra Sharp U2312H" ISP monitor for landscape view. I'm having trouble picking up a monitor for portrait view. 

Can anybody help me out here please ?

BenQ make really awesome monitors with swivel, pivot and rotate... 

allso the next gen AMD and Nvidia will be out around haswell, why not get a 8970/780

Character artist in the Games industry.

BenQ make really awesome monitors with swivel, pivot and rotate...

allso the next gen AMD and Nvidia will be out around haswell, why not get a 8970/780

Yeah sure. I'll be buying be June 2nd week. This is just an idea of what I'm buying :) but I need to decide upon the monitor. Which benq monitor are you talking about? Please mention the name

What will you be using the monitor for?

New Nvidia GPU are coming, they will be Kepler based. Maxwell, will be next year.

When you have a dual screen setup, it's best to get the 2x identical monitors, so that the back light and colors are the same.

It's best to get an IPS panel, as the sharpness is the same, whether you are in portrait or landscape, and the view angles are also the same (178 degree in all directions).

The Dell U2312H that you picked is a nice choice. If you do work, I suggest that the landscape monitor, you get the U2412M, it's the same monitor as the U2312HM, but 16:10 aspect ratio, so the resolution is 1920x1200. The extra height makes is great for working, as it compensate for the space taken by the task bar, menu bar, tool bars, etc. SO that you don't feel squish.

Now, I don't know your budget, but I would get 2x U2412M, just in case one day, you decide to have 2x monitor in landscape.

Another option, is to figure out a way to have 2x monitor of different sizes, but look the same with your setup. So the width of the portrait monitor, matches the height of the landscape monitor.

Example (but with only 2 monitors, of course.):

amazing-computer-station-setup-four-moni

I'll think about the GPU later. For now, I need to decide which monitor is the best.

You said "Another option, is to figure out a way to have 2x monitor of different sizes, but look the same with your setup. So the width of the portrait monitor, matches the height of the landscape monitor."

That's my question ! xD I can't really decide which monitor suits which monitor. I needed help with that. 

And yes, I'll consider U2412M as well :)