New Pc for my boss

Hi guys im putting something together for my boss I've never built a pc before how does this look?

he will only be doing some video editing and basic internet surfing how ever does like things to be the best  

I cant reply to much as im at work but I will do my best

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($348.00 @ CPL Online)
Motherboard:  Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($195.00 @ CPL Online)
Memory:  G.Skill Value Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($169.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($179.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Storage:  Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($172.00 @ CPL Online)
Video Card:  MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB HAWK Video Card  ($269.00 @ CPL Online)
Case:  Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($105.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Optical Drive:  Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($89.00 @ CPL Online)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($115.00 @ CPL Online)
Wireless Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WDN3800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($35.99 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $1761.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-29 08:24 EST+1000)

Build one that's 5k and say you did your best to make it a inexpensive as possible.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Id personally upgrade the case to a 450D, much better cable management. The rest looks great though

for office you could do a matx build or if you will just have 1 gpu a mitx build :) performance wont be effected

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Get an I7 4770K otherwise the Z87 board is pointless

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Id personally upgrade the case to a 450D, much better cable management. The rest looks great though

just upgraded him to a Define r4 should be better right

Get an I7 4770K otherwise the Z87 board is pointless

hes never going to over clock

hes never going to over clock

Then get him a B85 or H87 board...

And that 270X Hawk is pointless if he's never going to overclock

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Im super picky with my cases, was never a big fan of the 120mm steel window for the fan, just looks sloppy to me. BUT thats just me :D

To answer your question, yes that case will be better than the 200R

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($189.00 @ CPL Online) 

CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($75.00 @ CPL Online) 

Motherboard:  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($165.00 @ PCCaseGear) 

Memory:  G.Skill Value 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($169.00 @ CPL Online) 

Storage:  Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia) 

Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($99.00 @ CPL Online) 

Video Card:  Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($268.00 @ CPL Online) 

Case:  NZXT H230 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.00 @ CPL Online) 

Optical Drive:  Pioneer BDC-207DBK Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($65.00 @ CPL Online) 

Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($115.00 @ CPL Online) 

Wireless Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WDN3800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($35.99 @ Mwave Australia) 

Total: $1477.99

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-29 08:41 EST+1000)

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

Then get him a B85 or H87 board...

And that 270X Hawk is pointless if he's never going to overclock

A Z87 board is fine, its not considered an "overclocking board" if thats what you are getting into. You seem be attatched to if its overclockable or not. It's just fine the way he has it

A Z87 board is fine, its not considered an "overclocking board" if thats what you are getting into. You seem be attatched to if its overclockable or not. It's just fine the way he has it

U dumb bro?

I budget build well. Want to learn? PM me if you want advice. 

U dumb bro?

Nope, stating a fact. Is the Z87 more overclockable? Yes it is. But you can overclock with most boards, that doesnt make it the "overclocking board".

ok this is what im at now?

Looks better but he doesn't really NEED such an expensive case.

Nope, stating a fact. Is the Z87 more overclockable? Yes it is. But you can overclock with most boards, that doesnt make it the "overclocking board".

There is little point in spending all of that money on that board if he's never going to use it to its potential. Yes he can do it, but it would be a waste.

Looks better but he doesn't really NEED such an expensive case.

yeah I know but ill prob be putting it together so it my benefit me will im working on it

to be honest he really doesn't need any thing this good  but he has the coin to buy it so yeah

thanks for your help

yeah I know but ill prob be putting it together so it my benefit me will im working on it

to be honest he really doesn't need any thing this good  but he has the coin to buy it so yeah

thanks for your help

Let me know if you have any more questions :)

What separates the z87 chipset from every other chipset is that it allows for cpu oc'ing.

ok this is what im at now?

A large waste of money for what he's doing. You could make a system for a fraction of the price that would do the job just as well.

Where are you shopping?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What separates the z87 chipset from every other chipset is that it allows for cpu oc'ing.

A large waste of money for what he's doing. You could make a system for a fraction of the price that would do the job just as well.

Where are you shopping?

http://www.cplonline.com.au

I tried dropping the system down in spec and he didn't want to he has a budget of 2k I keep telling him its way over kill. what's a man to do?

http://www.cplonline.com.au

I tried dropping the system down in spec and he didn't want to he has a budget of 2k I keep telling him its way over kill. what's a man to do?

Have you told him that he wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind test?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Have you told him that he wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind test?

i have but he doesn't care he will know

Oh shit it's for your boss? 3 GTX TITANS INCOMING

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

i have but he doesn't care he will know

1. He lies.

2. Do you just have to use up all of the budget?

1. He lies.

2. Do you just have to use up all of the budget?

no i just have to give him something that will last for along time and will perform he was happy with that build i am thinking of dropping the GPU to like a gtx650 might save 100 bucks there.

its hard to tell ppl who have a six fig salary they don't need to spend big for what they need my main recommendation was to go for a ultrabook laptop