Western Digital

Andrew666drew

black is performance

green is the environmentally power saving one

red is the one  you can use in a nas {enterprise grade type}

blue is the 'standardish' average drive

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

Green = low power, slow for storing huge ammounts of data

Blue = normal Power consumtion, fast, it's the normal OS drive

Black = high power, fast, high reliability -> highend version of a Blue drive

Red = low power, normal fast, 24/7 certified --> highend green drive for 24/7 use in NAS

IIRC, Red's are based on Greens...

Can't confirm that greens are slow, i get about 120-130 Mb/s on my 2 TB Green Drive

Good news everyone...!

They also have RAID Edition drives (RE, basically corporate versions of red drives), and the faster VelociRaptor series.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Black is their high performance consumer grade drive or low level enterprise level drive. It's on par with the Seagate Barracuda in terms of performance. The Red drive is designed for NAS and home server type environments with special attention paid to heat dicipation in low air flow areas like NAS setups hidden in cupboards. Green drives are their environmentally friendly drive. It's been stated by WD that based on the June 2012 sales figures, the Green drives have saved approximately 466Kwh of power or the equivalent to the standard size coal fired power stations annual output. Blue's are designed for budget conscious performance.

Here's a brief overview; http://www.wdc.com/en/products/internal/desktop/

how hard is it to swop a hard drive from a sata 3 hard drive to a stata 2 motherboad

how to you mean that? it's just 2 cables. And normal hard drives don't even max Sata2 out. there is really no difference between sata2 and 3 for normal hdds

i have a 770t-usb MB WITH 1055T CPU  DO I HAVE TOP UPDATE MY BIOS THE BIOS IS rev 1.3

i have a 770t-usb MB WITH 1055T CPU  DO I HAVE TOP UPDATE MY BIOS

Update bios for what.