My new build, any good?

ShaunW500

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/wGvA

How does this build look to you builders.

Note - I already have a hard drive and OS.

I will be playing all modern games at 1920x1080.

If there anything there you can recommend better or cheaper that will be good.

I will be overclocking it to around 4.4Ghz..

Only one Ram-Stick??

You should get 2 or 4, because if you only have one the ram won`t run in dual channel

Only one Ram-Stick??

You should get 2 or 4, because if you only have one the ram won`t run in dual channel

Is this better

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/wGEc

Also is the build good?

Anything you would change/

Only one Ram-Stick??

I personally would buy a better power supply (80+ gold) because you can use it in your next build again.

And to save some money get the gtx660ti power edition. It`s cheaper and you get nearly the same performance like the gtx670 :)

Hey ShaunW500,

Your second build list is much closer to the mark. Andi is right too, spending a little more on the power supply now will save you money in the future. Try to get a modular one as well, that will help tidy up the inside of your case and improve airflow.

I would suggest something from Corsair, Silverstone or Seasonic.

Other than that though the rest of your build is solid :).

Switch the GPU to the HD 7970, you can get it for £300 and under depending on which one you purchase, they perform better than the GTX 680 with the Catalyst 12.11 drivers. You can also get 8GB of RAM for about the same price as you're paying for 4GB. Seen as you want to save some money you could save about £30 by going with the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, it's a great board and will allow for SLI/CrossFire in the future if you ever needed it.

this looks really good and personally its awesome for under $1000 and that anything that could be changed has allready been found and changed

Okay. Thank you for the support and help people!

Hey ShaunW500,

Your second build list is much closer to the mark. Andi is right too, spending a little more on the power supply now will save you money in the future. Try to get a modular one as well, that will help tidy up the inside of your case and improve airflow.

Will a 650watt season sonic be enough?

Hey ShaunW500,

Yeah you should be fine with that build and a 650 Watt PSU. Most PC components these days are much more power effcient than their last generation counterparts so larger power supplies aren't as necessary any more. My system is running a 2500K at 4.6Ghz and a GTX 560Ti at 1Ghz and I only have a 750W PSU.

yeah that looks pretty good! like people said make sure you get the second rsm stick, while 4 gig is prob enough for gaming, you never know!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces