AnotherTechGuy

I would wait for 4K. I say this because 1440p is rather expensive.

Quote me to get a reply!

Yes I absolutely love my 2560x1440 27 inch Asus PB278Q monitor.

I really do feel that it really was worth the upgrade from my 23 inch Acer 1920x1080 as well as my 27 inch 1920x1080 monitor.

When playing games you automatically notice the difference in how much better it looks after playing on 1080p for years. 1080p doesn't look "like ass" but you do notice the difference. 

My GPU config for this is 2 way sli Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II which is think is adeguate to support my display since I still use my 27 inch 1080p monitor as a secondary.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

*sign*

*whispers*

Join the PB278Q Master Race

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

1440p is definitely worth it. I was hesitant at first but I don't regret a cent of it.

I'm in  the 4k club so i guess that counts as well. Yes yes it does. It looks way sharper. Yes it does. I kind of didn't have a desktop before... I just a 13 inch 1440p ultrabook before. 

I did send back my dual 780ti's and I'm waiting for my two Titan Blacks. 

I was rather spoiled with my old monitor (PB248Q 1920x1200 and amazing quality) so I didn't notice the difference as much as others would but I still think it is worth it. I went from 24" to 27" and that I find was more worthwhile than the pixel density. I'm still running 1 7870 and I'm damn happy with it and I see no reason to upgrade. Looking back at different displays unless it's inherently bad then it's not a big deal.

Its worth it if you play cinematic games that uses the added screen, and you have the gpu powah for it then go ahead and welcome to the 1440p masterrace if you decides to do it.

I don't actually own a standalone 2560x1440 display, but I believe my MacBook Pro (Bring on the hate) Has one. There is a huge difference in sharpness and clarity compared to my 1080p monitor, and its definitively something you will continue to notice throughout your usage of a monitor of that resolution. I find myself thinking: 'wow that looks really sharp' every so often when using my MBP, even several months into owning the MBP. A few things to look out for though, you need to make sure you have the graphics horsepower to drive the display properly in games, and some icons, such as the ones on your bookmarks bar, will look pixelated (The LTT icon is one of these)  

EDIT: My MBPs resolution is actually 2560x1600, but I guess it will be a similar experience to a 1440p display

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

100% been on 1440p ( OLD Dell Ultrasharp). 4k is nice only for production work. It's still to new and difficult to drive when gaming. Going from 1080p to 1440p has a similar experience as going from HDD to SSD.

I upgraded from Asus VE247H (24" 1080p, TN panel) to Asus PB278Q (27" 1440p, PLS panel), and it has much better colors and resolution. I still have the VE247H as secondary monitor but it's mostly turned off, unless I want to extend my screen space for productivity or documents. I had thought that the VE247H was a good monitor, but man, now that I look at it...

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Absolutely worth it! I honestly don't see a reason to go 4k since 1440p looks just so damn nice! I run a single GTX 780 Classified and have no problem running games maxed or near maxed depending on the game.

As well as possibly helping @, this thread has also helped me. I have been trying to decide if I should really buy the PB278Q with my build this year and this thread pretty much does it for me. I can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like when I turn my own ASUS PB278Q on and see the clarity and magnificent screen for the very first time. I'm betting that's it's going to be absolutely awesome. :D

I have seen many TFT Central reviews, including the one on the PB278Q, and the viewing angles on PLS displays are really quite a bit better than regular IPS displays. Pretty much no colour distortion at all. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

went from 27" TN 1080p to 27" PLS 1440p

never going back

1440p looks amazing from a normal viewing distance you cannot see any pixelation, lots of desktop space too and games look ultra sharp

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have a (Korean) Qnix 1440p monitor... I love it!.

I went from a 23" 1080p TN to this (PLS), and even though I only have a 7850, and have to play on low settings, games look AMAZING:-)

Buy one... NOW;-).

Although if you're not on a bugdet buy one form Asus or Dell (or any other proper company), the Koreans are kinda crap in terms of build quality, but great for the price.

Does the upgrade feel worth it from 1080?   Yes it is worth but it's not cheap

After upgrading, whenever you look at a display with a low resolution, does it look like ass? It doesn't look like ass but you can see a very noticeable difference 

Did you upgrade you screen size? Yes I went from 24-27 inches

What's your GPU config? Do you find it adequate to support your display? 1 780Ti OC'd to 1200Mhz (Core clock) and 7200Mhz (Vram). Yes I get 60 and above fps in 90% of games.

PLEASE USE PCPARTPICKER.  My rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZBmWjX

- 1080p It's a lot better with a 780ti (ENB's and all that Jazz)

- 1440p Pretty much the best middle ground between 1080p & 2160p @ 27" > 30" and will run most games @ 60fps without even a fart of problems

- 2160p Unless you have Quad 780ti's Oc'ed or Titans Max FPS is around 40 w/ shadows off and 0x or 2x AA @ High/Ultra

- Anything over is a dream in the clouds :P

Edit: Yes @ 1440p monitors, they are sleak and you have more real estate on your monitor :D

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Considering you can buy 4K monitors for as much as 1440p, I'd say skip 1440p. You can always up scale

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Considering you can buy 4K monitors for as much as 1440p, I'd say skip 1440p. You can always up scale

This is what is giving me doubts for my summer build...

But the PB278Q still cheaper, with PLS, and the GPUs of today can run it really good... 

Tbh 4k is way more expensive to run since you'd need a pretty damn powerfull graphics setup compared to 1440p which can be run for a lower budget. Ofc 4k looks amazing but one shouldn't skip an ips 1440p for a 4k tn which you have to upgrade to top tier sli/cfx to run smoothly.^^

Ofc that is if you want the monitor for gaming*

Dual dell u2713hm

I can't see pixels from my viewpoint. Therefore 4k isnt of interest to me. Especially with scaling defficiencies right now.

From my viewing distance, things are already crazy small

. 32 year old eyes.

For gaming? I'd say no; the gpu/s you need to push 60fps/1440p will cost quiet a bit and during gaming i think i wouldn't really care if its only 1080p @ 27"

For productivity/desktop? OH YES, i love having one half of my screen for browsing and the other on with youtube

And other monitors don't look much worse because the DPI of 27" isn't that much more 

And keep in mind for LCDs and especially the Korean ones (because lack of proper scaler) its (imo) native resolution or bust; interpolation just looks so bad; i miss having non-native resolutions like with crts

I bought a 1440p monitor when  they were still over $800 for a cheaper one. It was worth every penny! 

It's not that hard to drive the extra resolution either... My gtx 580 can still run max settings on most of the games I play.

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's