hdd not showing up

Latislapaloie
Go to solution Solved by Norwegiantweaker,

I just bought and installed a western digital blue 1tb hdd as a second drive in my pc for games and stuff, but its not showing up. all that is there is local disk C: which is my os on my ssd, the drive is running i can feel it it, and but its not showing up in the devices and drives?

my mobo is asus p8 z77 v pro with windows 8.1

http://i.imgur.com/uVM2Nab.png

i dont know how to do this with windows 8.1 but i guess the names are pretty much the same, you have to get into disk management and partion/format it :) 

I just bought and installed a western digital blue 1tb hdd as a second drive in my pc for games and stuff, but its not showing up. all that is there is local disk C: which is my os on my ssd, the drive is running i can feel it it, and but its not showing up in the devices and drives?

i dont know how to do this with windows 8.1 but i guess the names are pretty much the same, you have to get into disk management and partion/format it :) 

you need to allocate the volume for the drive under disk management.

you need to create a new volume for your 1tb hdd

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

i'm in disk management and i don't see a format option for it, unless i'm blind

EDIT: i'm blind found it, thank you!!!

i'm in disk management and i don't see a format option for it, unless i'm blind

EDIT: i'm blind found it, thank you!!!

haha. congrats