My build Log

Let me know what you think about my build.

love some feed backs :)

Case            : Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

PowerSupply: Thermaltake Smart Series M 750W psu

SSD             :  OCZ Vertex 120gb 

Motherboard: P8z77-lx Asus

Cpu cooler   : H60

RAM             : Coarsair vengence 8gb ddr3

CPU             : i5 3570k 

GPU             : geforce galaxy 660ti

Monitor        : benq 21' monitor GW2255

Keyboard    : azio mech5

Mouse         : rat 9 / azio gm-2000

Headset      : Levetron

(got 3 bundle deal from ncix)

would love some pics

Character artist in the Games industry.

I'm not usually a fan of blue and black schemes, but I like this.

Love the pictures and cable management managment could be a little better

Nice build other than the fact that the 7950 will smoke a 660ti and is the same price and that motherboard is trash. Other than those two things nicely done.

yea im looking forward to upgrade the mother board into something more high end and sli ready so i can run dual / tri sli config soon. 

I prefer nvidia > amd .

You could have gotten an asrock extreme3 or extreme4 and it would have been WAY better for the same price :P

I wont even lie. I agree

Power supply is overkill for the Rig. 
You can improve on Cable management.

Good Job with keeping components in theme! 

Ram would have been better in blue. 

Try no to hang the tubing of the H60. 

Pretty balanced rig. 

If I may ask how much did you pay just for the components without the peripherals. :) 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

His or her cable management is better than my rig. Of course, I also have more to power, and my rig is set up a bit differently.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Power supply is overkill for the Rig. 

You can improve on Cable management.

Good Job with keeping components in theme! 

Ram would have been better in blue. 

Try no to hang the tubing of the H60. 

Pretty balanced rig. 

If I may ask how much did you pay just for the components without the peripherals. :)

I payed roughly 1.2k / 1.3k CAD

and my cable management woulda work better if the plugs in the motherboard werent almost all in the same spot. lol

try flipping your PSU the hide all cables at the back. :P . :) 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

i have the PSU mounted that way to have positive airflow :)

That's a really weird way to mount your H60 o.o

Also I would mount your PSU with the fan facing down. It keep the air going into the PSU seperate from the air inside the case.

Overall it looks quite neat from what I can tell.

Good job!

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Looks sick man !

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

i agree, the cooling does look weird. idk how it ended up like that lol. 

since you got the system already then its fine, but couldve gotten a 650W PSU, cause right now with 750W it's overkill, unless you get another GPU or something

Good job mate.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

since you got the system already then its fine, but couldve gotten a 650W PSU, cause right now with 750W it's overkill, unless you get another GPU or something

i knew that i wouldnt need a 750w psu but then again I thought of upgrading my rig in the future

nice to see another chaser build on a tech forum :D
did you have the same problem i did with the 8pin motherboard connector not wanting to go through the cutout?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

thats my biggest petpeeve right now. i need to buy extention

the 8 pin did not fit through the cutout right here on mine :( had to bend it out slightly to make it go through. i was asking if you had the same problem :P

2013-05-11173556_zpsa01fd6bf.jpg

but yeah... extensions would probably be the way to go XD my HX750s cable barely reaches up there without putting stress on the motherboard connector.

2013-05-11173529_zps3fa380c8.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"