Good cooling and quiet for overclocking FX8350.

Hi everyone...

As the title states....

Wanting to go wet for my next cooler..have a ThermalTake Frio OCK on at the moment and its great on low fan speed for normal use..but get it working and its far too noisy to run without headphones when gaming.

Saw the Kraken X60 and was impressed.

I have a Haf 932 so should be able to go for a big radiator...but..??

Which cooler to go for..

I dont mind swapping fans to fit the rad later to get better/quieter flow if the rad and block/pump are very good to start with.

Thanks..

Revo.

You can start by check out some of the kits available, like here:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c83/s137/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Water_Cooling_Kits_Cases-Water_Cooling_Kits-Page1.html

For "good" and quiet cooling, you will want as thick of rad as you can get, larger the better, and low fins per inch. This allows you to run your fans at low RPM. Also, look for kits with a D5 variable pump (or oem'ed version) which can allow you to turn down the flow rate and makes the pump a bit quieter... XSPC RX series rads are excellent.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Was thinking about a closed loop as apposed to a custom loop because i am just starting with water.

Later i will be water cooling my 2 x 560ti's so what do you think the safe option would be.

Dont want to spend too much too soon...but add to later on.

For now i just need a cpu cooler that is better than mine.

Thanks.

Revo.

Scrap that idea of a custom loop.......

I am going to go with a complete maintainence free water cooler for my cpu..peace of mind..

Now so many to choose from...aaggghhhh.!!!!

Dont they have poor fans...could i fit some noctua fans to it..???

H100i is not a bad choice, same with Kraken X60 280 or 140mm. However, Noctua NF-D14 would be a good choice as well.