Is this a good monitor?

joelthezombie15

I was looking at monitors and i came across the  YAMAKASI Q271i LED 2560X1440 WQHD 27" IPS Monitor and im wondering if its any good. i couldnt find any reviews on this model so i came here.

heres the link i found it at http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-YAMAKASI-Q271i-LED-2560X1440-WQHD-27-IPS-Hdmi1-4a-Monitor-Built-in-speaker-/110979434810?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19d6e3c93a

thanks

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Risky , you could get a good panel but you can also get a panel with loads of dead pixels , and in that situation who will you call...

I wouldn't do it..

Interested in Business and Technology

Risky , you could get a good panel but you can also get a panel with loads of dead pixels , and in that situation who will you call...

I wouldn't do it..

ya i just saw it on ebay i was gonna try and find some other retailer to buy it from but i want to know if its decent before i invest any more of my time in it

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

I wouldn't do it..

Pretty much this, although if you look around there are generally pixel perfect versions for a bit more money.

ya i just saw it on ebay i was gonna try and find some other retailer to buy it from but i want to know if its decent before i invest any more of my time in it

Not sure about that, they are generally rejected Apple Cinema displays brought in bulk for cheap and then shipped from Korea via Ebay, I think you'll struggle to find them on the larger online PC stores.

Pretty much this, although if you look around there are generally pixel perfect versions for a bit more money.

ya i just was curious if anyone had any experience with it 

joelthezombie15, on 08 May 2013 - 8:44 PM, said:

ya i just was curious if anyone had any experience with it

Theres a video on Youtube somewhere where Paul from Newegg shows off the one he brought, from what I gathered his one seams pretty good and he seams happy with it, but like I said before and like he says in the video its very risky as you could get a bad screen, there are other alternatives, Razethew0rld had a Shimian 27" screen which was very similar,

Thing is most of these types of display are rejected Apple Cinema Displays and Apple are kinda over the top in their screen quality control so even minor imperfections you wont see will end up being rejected, again its a case of take a risk and hope for the best, if it pays off you will get a really good display, if not, well thats just bad luck.

The "Please consider carefully before purchasing" section is a "dead" giveaway.

Im sure you can price match local to you for that price.

The "Please consider carefully before purchasing" section is a "dead" giveaway.

Im sure you can price match local to you for that price.

i was wondering if the monitor was good i wasnt going to buy it from ebay and if i couldnt find any kind of retailer other than ebay i wasnt going to get it

get the perfect pixel versions that might ensure that you don't get any dead pixels on your screens

If You want a good IPS monitor with great color quality, then get Asus. The YAMAKASI monitor that you are looking at has a 6 ms response time, which is horrible for gaming, you should have no more than 5 ms response time. Also, as mentioned previosuly in this forum, if it is not pixel perfect, Yamakasi will ship you one with dead pixels, I can almost guarantee it. I know you like the 2560x1440 resolution, but if you want the best color quality, get a 1920x1200 PA248Q monitor from Asus. It is a great monitor, and is only 330$ right now. Asus is coming out with a new monitor soon that is going to have even better color quality, the PA249Q, but it still has the same resolution. And to back up my claim, I do recall Slick featuring these monitors on the stream, saying that he bought 2 of the PA248Q montiors replace his old ones.

Here is an unboxing done. The monitor is a little dated, but still is a great pick.

Here is the review by Linus:

Hope that helps!

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

• 4 weeks later...

If You want a good IPS monitor with great color quality, then get Asus. The YAMAKASI monitor that you are looking at has a 6 ms response time, which is horrible for gaming, you should have no more than 5 ms response time. Also, as mentioned previosuly in this forum, if it is not pixel perfect, Yamakasi will ship you one with dead pixels, I can almost guarantee it. I know you like the 2560x1440 resolution, but if you want the best color quality, get a 1920x1200 PA248Q monitor from Asus. It is a great monitor, and is only 330$ right now. Asus is coming out with a new monitor soon that is going to have even better color quality, the PA249Q, but it still has the same resolution. And to back up my claim, I do recall Slick featuring these monitors on the stream, saying that he bought 2 of the PA248Q montiors replace his old ones.

Here is an unboxing done. The monitor is a little dated, but still is a great pick.

Here is the review by Linus:

Hope that helps!

- winny3141 :D

What do you think about the PA249Q, it looks like a nice screen but it has higher input lag then PA248Q?