64-Bit Smartphones Coming By Christmas

qwertywarrior

I will let this nice Atari sponsored teacher explain:

<jaguar commercial>

In all seriousness though, only a few years back we started to use 64bit OSes to take advantage of more than 3gb of ram (though on the servers side this goes a lot further back) Apparently it has been (arbitrarily) decided that 32 bit it's too slow for mobile apps and games that still look like fucking flash games and thus, we need to upgrade the architecture. What will it do? Well it will support a lot more Samsung fucking bloatware! Never again must you settle for the slick and elegant stock android look, now you can add so much more thacky shit on top to make the experience all around worst with capabilities for 4gb of ram and beyond! 

Yeah, because an x7 increase in performance is totally useless. Loading web pages, launching programs, smoother GUI, faster image processing (which can take like a minute) etc is bad.

Like I said before, the move to ARMv8 comes with a brand new instruction set, and many other features. This is not just "let's support more RAM". Would you say no to an 800% increase in performance on your desktop in certain applications, and ~20% in your average program? Of course not, so stop whining over improvements in performance already!

It's really pissing me off that you continues to whine about things getting better. "Bawww I don't want higher performance!". It's idiotic but thankfully there are still reasonable people in this world, otherwise technology would still have been stuck in the stone ages.

You're complaining about CPU getting more powerful.

Are you going to start complaining about how little fuel modern car engines use next?

More money for phone manufacturers because "Hey,this is 64 bit!You gonna pay more money for it".Also some small performance improvements,but it will take a while for the phone market to really make use of the 64 bit architecture.

Small performance improvements? Idk man, the iPhone 5 and 5S have quite a big performance difference. 

Folding for LTT since April 2016.