Nixeus NX-VUE27 27" IPS Monitor Unboxing

LinusTech

The NX-VUE27 from Nixeus is more expensive than some other similar options, but it brings a little bit of western QC (they are checking every monitor for issues before shipping out to retailers) to the whole cheap Korean monitor thing that's been going on on Ebay for the last little while.

I've also seen claims from Nixeus (source) that their dead pixel rates and their defective pixel policies are quite competitive with other leading brands.

This leads to my poll question. What is important to you when you're shopping for a monitor? If you're anything like me then you stare at it a lot every day and you'll keep your monitor for a very long time so I'm sure you want something that's going to LAST, but also something that has great specs/looks good...

For me it's about fitting my needs and budget. Then during the research about the purchase I usually look at the brand but I feel that user reviews are much more important.

yay

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Nothing :ph34r:

Interested in Business and Technology

Nothing :ph34r:

quality and features are the most important to me

The monitor could look great and last for 20 years but if it only has VGA input then its almost useless. Features are most important for me. Then user reviews because they are how you can confirm quality of a product and then it has to look good.

I personally go for monitors that have good user reviews and I also look at the specs to see if it suits my needs. If others feel that it's a good monitor I'll buy it. It has to be a significant amount of people liking it though. After that I look at brand to make sure that it isn't some cheapo made monitor. 

I went for my xl2420tx because many FPS gamers use it and I don't have any complaints about it all after using it for a year despite it being a TN panel. Colors may be a slight issue but hey I'm willing to sacrifice that for frames. GIMME DA FRAMES.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

never cheap out on a monitor! I think it's one of the parts you don't change that often.

I have an Asus VH236h, i wish i went for an IPS panel, i don't know what i was thinking.

My Rig: i5 3570k, MSI GTX 660ti PE, MSI z77 MPower, Corsair TX750m, Samsung 120gb 840 series, Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600MHz, WD 1tb Black, Corsair c70 black, Corsair h100i  

Well I am currently looking for a monitor but as a student with no money I need to buy something cheap but I want it to look good. I may be saving a while. I only have £3 at the moment... 

Guys, "First" posts may be acceptable on YouTube, but they are not acceptable here.

I'm sorrysad-bear.jpg

Ive been wanting to buy a 23-24" IPS for 300-400$ but i havent found a good one, PA238Q seems good but ips glow sometimes is too much and yeah meh,  

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

So long as I continue to be relatively poor, I will always shop based on what's cheap and big. If I had money though I'd be looking at a 2560x1440 matte IPS panel. 

I'm sorrysad-bear.jpg

No problem ;)

Just keep the whole "first" thing on YouTube... :p

It's the reputation of the company. Then the price of the product versus the perceived quality of the product. Oh and if the monitor itself doesn't look appealing that's a deal breaker. I hate most monitor stands. Especially the ones Acer has been doing: "the sundial" stands 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

I personally go for monitors that have good user reviews. If others feel that it's a good monitor I'll buy it. It has to be a significant amount of people liking it though. After that I look at brand to make sure that it isn't some cheapo made monitor.

but you never know what other think is ok/good. there are so many good reviews of TN Panel displays on amazon, because they don't know how much better ips would be. Try to find a Notebook with a decent display...nearly impossible.

Only buy high quality/trusted brands, I've heard too many horror stories from people buying the risky panels off of eBay

Sticking to Dell, Samsung, or Asus seems like the safest route, and these current Dell monitors have lasted me quite a while, and still look great

but you never know what other think is ok/good. there are so many good reviews of TN Panel displays on amazon, because they don't know how much better ips would be. Try to find a Notebook with a decent display...nearly impossible.

Ah I edited my post you see :p

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I think that a monitor is a thing that can last for multiple builds and for year until it dies and i think you do the same too. So i would buy a monitor with a nice warranty and brand (Asus, Benq, Acer, etc) if it were my money but i dont have any of my own so when my brother told me that he can get me a cheap AOC 27" 1080p monitor (technically its a tv) i went for that option so i hope it last for long. but these small brands are kicking big companies butt in the 4K lineup with there verrry cheap tv(relatively).

Edited by Raj8396

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Stupid enough I always check if Asus has wat I want. 

I went with the Asus MX279H because I was stunned by the design and I wasn't able to find too much legit negative reviews.

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Intel Core i7 3770K - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz 8 GB

I don't bother with high quality monitors, or the bestest-of-the-best graphics cards.

My dodgy eyesight isn't good enough for me to appreciate the  "stunning visuals", or anything more than 40fps gameplay.so i just buy what looks like a good deal at the local pc shop.

Right now i have a benq 24" 1080p monitor. What made me go for that one was the low price (I was a student when I got it), multiple inputs and usb hub. The hub was crucial since I only used a laptop at the time, and thus only needed to plug/unplug one usb cable whenever I took it with me to school. Also the HDMI input was nice since i did all my gaming on a xbox 360 then, and so I didn't need to get a TV.

Today, however, I would get a bigger, higher res, good looking monitor. I would like something good like an ips panel. I'm liking most things about that 27" asus monitor with the thin bezel, except from the 1080p resolution (really, 24" is pushing it with low pixel density, 27 must be awful)