LG 34UM95 34" Ultra Widescreen 21:9 Monitor - My New Favourite

i have to get myself on of the monitors >.< sooo EPIC!!! for 3D and Video Editing work  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

CPU: AMD 5790t Motherboard: Gigabyte Forumlar XII RAM: Ah Whole set of it GPU: GTX 290x Ti Storage: Ah Ton of HDD PSU: Once it on Display(s): Well I still seeing pixels Cooling: It running COOL BRO Keyboard: *click* *click* Mouse: MORE *click* Sound: OHH DE BASEE

Is this monitor a 10 bit or 8 bit ???

CPU: AMD 5790t Motherboard: Gigabyte Forumlar XII RAM: Ah Whole set of it GPU: GTX 290x Ti Storage: Ah Ton of HDD PSU: Once it on Display(s): Well I still seeing pixels Cooling: It running COOL BRO Keyboard: *click* *click* Mouse: MORE *click* Sound: OHH DE BASEE

I would love to to replace my 24" Dell (16:10) and my 27" Dell (16:9) with this Beauty, but I don't think that this actual can replace a Dual Monitor Setup.

Especially when you watch Streams or Guides or Teamspeak while gaming on the First Monitor!?!

for productivity I have always been a fan of the landscape 16:9 + portrait 16:9 which I guess emulates 21:9 aspect ratio so I m really interested in this ... I have played around with the cheaper (around $700) 30inch 21:9s from LG though and thought there was something missing so I haven't pulled the trigger on buying one, the extra 5' will probably make me do it

That is pretty boss, the only thing I dont like about the ultra wide monitors is that games that dont support it look horrible with those big black bars :(

also it would make recording gameplay videos for youtube a nightmare

maybe as a second gaming pleasure only display I could get by

EDIT: I wonder how it compares size wise 30" 2560x1600 display

Record at 2560x1440, YouTube supports it now!

Record at 2560x1440, YouTube supports it now!

Yeah I suppose so, I guess playing with the black bars is annoying but as Linus points out it would look exactly the same as my current 27" 2560x1440 screen

Bah I wish this monitor was out before I bought my monitor :(

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would wait for a non 10-bit version because my GPU doesn't support it anyway.. And 1.5K on a monitor is a lot..

Loving the production values on these most recent videos.  My OCD still wants to put a piece of paper (or ANYTHING) over that flashing light on his cooker on the back right.  Surely Mrs Linus wouldn't mind? :D

This at 950€ vs. a 4k 30" ips 60hz at the same price point. What would you choose for gaming and web browsing? Keeping gpu power out here for a second.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

me want, but me cannot afford. I guess i will have to stick to my peasant resolution of 1920x1080 (sigh)

edit: I will however look into a 2560x1080 monitor, 21:9 looks kinda epic

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

I was running 8000x1440 with bezel correction in Nvidia Surround on my main rig, hitiing 60fps at ultra settings and loving it. I saw this AOC 29" ultrawide for 500 clams and thought why not, it'll be perfect for my racing simulator, I'll be able to see more of the corners without the hassle of 3 screens. It only took about a month and i had sold all 3 Samsung WQHDs and had the ultrawide on my main rig, it's so much closer to my natural field of view and i've known for quite some time that I'll never go back to 16:9 and couildn't give less of a toss about 4K. Sadly the only thing that was lacking was size and resolution, oh how I wished for a 3360x1440 model (thats the resolution my calculator told me) that was a bit bigger. And then you came along [guitar sound] the LG 34UM95, the crazy wizard in the sky took a break from gving AIDS to babies and granted my wish.

In Australia this has an ETA of the 25th and RRP is $1299, I have ordered from mwave who I've bought from before and seem pretty decent, unlike some retailers that are into the 1400s

I have not run into any issues with 21:9 over about a hundred games, flawless widescreen has come to the rescue for Witcher 2, Skyrim, BF4, Dishonored, LA Noire even South Park.

Buy this monitor, you will not regret it, it is an investment.

3DMark Firestrike 21228 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1922242

Dat LG

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

While $1500 is a bit much, I'd be willing to pay around $1000 for it.

I love my 27" 1440 monitor, but it still isn't quite enough for some things side by side. I always notice just a few more inches would be perfect, I'll definitely be watching for a bit of a price decline to pick one of these up.

I think this monitor is sexy but 1500 dollars is a bit steep. I think this Dell Ultrasharp Ultrawide would be a better candidate for some. Its a 1080p IPS ( it's a little more forgiving of lower-mid gpus ). And it's a third the cost.

I really would want an ultra wide over 4k or multi monitors.

Edited: forgot the link: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Computer-UltraSharp-U2913WM-0CX7K/dp/B00BIBB1KI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Play: Liten v3 (4970k @ 4.6GHz, 32GB Ram, Asus GTX 1070 Strix)

For gaming 4k is effectively nothing more than a resource hog while this actually offers an improved experience so I'm all for it.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Wow this looks so amazing. Too bad beauty comes with a price. Would love to trade my triple 1080p set up with this beast 1440p monitor.

da_deity

I really would love to have a monitor as awesome as this, but honestly, the only nice good IPS screens that I can get sub $200 are 1080p ones

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

It's gorgeous, and I want one, but seriously, $1,485 in Amazon. I so wish I could afford that, like, right now. :/ as a translator, that monitor just looks like the stuff of dreams, keeping multiple text files open side by side without resizing, plus references, plus dictionaries... just... omg, I want it. T_T

awesome vid! love it!

T-shirt tip:

You need one that says TabMonster on it! (7:35 in the vid)

I am a tab monster as well, and all my friends comment on that, xD.

would be awesome if you made a T-shirt like that! 

as always, an great Vid from a great Team