IM ON BOARD! COUNT ME IN! YES PLEASE YEA SIR!

can't wait for this.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

My real concern is how the instancing is going to work in terms of curtailing the number of consecutive players able to connect to a given instance at any given time.

It's nice to have two thousand pilots; but if the instancing system only allows X number of pilots, then the real battle will be getting the largest number of "our" people into the instance as opposed to opposition pilots taking up slots. 

There's no doubt that we will be able to field large numbers of coordinated players, but whether we can all get into the same instance will really be a deciding factor in taking a victory out of any large scale combat like that involved in retrieving a Bengal. 

What we might have to do is designate a squad or two to police the instance and destroy any non UOLTT ships taking up space.  also designate several squads outside the instance that can destroy/chase away any ships trying to gain access to OUR instance.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

right now i believe its assumed to be 100 players in an instance

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

All right, so this one's finally returning to an active status. We'll update whenever we're able to, but please be patient and with everyone in the fleet we'll make this happen. Status will not be redacted during the building process. But we will only be releasing a redacted format of the actual operation. We'll treat it like Monarch post-activity race time. So PM me with any questions or suggestions you have.

Thanks, fam.

Keep me in the loop if you can? I'm not too crazy about getting a Bengal, at least early in the game anyway. It's usefulness will be severely limited to outside UEE space, with the KingShip, one would assume it could be taken anywhere. Still, if we're going for it, then I want to help as much as possible to ensure its success...at the moment that may mean as little as sourcing information from the fiction already released.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

My only concern about these operations is implementations of groups to actually manage these ships. I have no doubt that we can actually take these ships but the part that worries me is if we'll be able to hold them.

Plus aren't Bengals kind of a weird bargain considering the whole UEE space thing?

Absolutely a huge concern. This is the reason I actually didn't want to get involved with a Bengal, haha. But, the public wants it badly so we'll at least make up a plan to try it, lol.

I was reading up on the bengal isn't it gonna be a massive ship from what I read its gonna require alot of people and money to keep this going but i would love to be the first to step foot on one even if it means getting mauled by a alien of some sort.

70 Hornet specification, last I checked but that was a month ago, and 150 man crew. Insanely big, haha.

My real concern is how the instancing is going to work in terms of curtailing the number of consecutive players able to connect to a given instance at any given time.

It's nice to have two thousand pilots; but if the instancing system only allows X number of pilots, then the real battle will be getting the largest number of "our" people into the instance as opposed to opposition pilots taking up slots. 

There's no doubt that we will be able to field large numbers of coordinated players, but whether we can all get into the same instance will really be a deciding factor in taking a victory out of any large scale combat like that involved in retrieving a Bengal. 

This is something we've discussed to an amazing extent. Instance control of an area will be huge. And there are so many questions regarding it. If one instance has a large ship, do all the other instances of the same areas have that same ship? Can we somehow lock the instance of the ship as long as we keep sending groups of pilots in? What happens if an enemy org invades inbetween our ships getting shot down? etc. etc. This is a HUGE issue and likely the make or break subject of the entire operation. Who knows how many ships will be around the Bengal, not just in it? And who knows... If we disable the ship, can we repair it before reinforcements come in? Yeah... So many questions. So much planning. lol.

Keep me in the loop if you can? I'm not too crazy about getting a Bengal, at least early in the game anyway. It's usefulness will be severely limited to outside UEE space, with the KingShip, one would assume it could be taken anywhere. Still, if we're going for it, then I want to help as much as possible to ensure its success...at the moment that may mean as little as sourcing information from the fiction already released.

Absolutely, Digi! I got your back, bromeo, lol. I'll try to keep updates whenever we work towards any details, It's a little slow right now since DFM being delayed over and over... And Watch Dogs coming out and all... People are kind of busy, lol. But we'll still be working hard at it whenever we can.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Absolutely a huge concern. This is the reason I actually didn't want to get involved with a Bengal, haha. But, the public wants it badly so we'll at least make up a plan to try it, lol.

I think trying for a Bengal would be good on two fronts.

Firstly, it would act as sort of a pre-op trial for Monarch, just to monitor our ability and get a taste for what Operation Monarch may be like.

Secondly, the Bengal would also be a good carrier to take into Operation Monarch as well, as a command ship.

But yeah, when I made this comment before I also stated that I believe once and if we obtain the <redacted>, we should discard the Bengal in one way or another, as it's upkeep in the form of manpower doesn't seem worthwhile when you factor in we'll have a bigger and better ship and also with the point that you cannot take the Bengal into UEE space from what I've heard.

Absolutely, Digi! I got your back, bromeo, lol. I'll try to keep updates whenever we work towards any details, It's a little slow right now since DFM being delayed over and over... And Watch Dogs coming out and all... People are kind of busy, lol. But we'll still be working hard at it whenever we can.

Digi...Hmm....I think the name's growing on me. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Hell yeah I'm on it as well. 

Maybe one day CIG will lift the UEE's ban on Bengals, it seems weird to ban the human-made capital ships but still allow players to fly their Vanduul counterparts (Kingships) freely...

Big fleets would look a lot more homogeneous with Bengals, when you've got Idris(es?), Hornets and all the others flying around...

Maybe a reward for orgs and players with a good reputation in the UEE ? Wait and see.

I think trying for a Bengal would be good on two fronts.

Firstly, it would act as sort of a pre-op trial for Kingship, just to monitor our ability and get a taste for what Operation Kingship may be like.

Secondly, the Bengal would also be a good carrier to take into Operation Kingship as well, as a command ship.

But yeah, when I made this comment before I also stated that I believe once and if we obtain the Kingship, we should discard the Bengal in one way or another, as it's upkeep in the form of manpower doesn't seem worthwhile when you factor in we'll have a bigger and better ship and also with the point that you cannot take the Bengal into UEE space from what I've heard.

Pssst, Operation Monarch not Kingship.

Hell yeah I'm on it as well.

Maybe one day CIG will lift the UEE's ban on Bengals, it seems weird to ban the human-made capital ships but still allow players to fly their Vanduul counterparts (Kingships) freely...

Big fleets would look a lot more homogeneous with Bengals, when you've got Idris(es?), Hornets and all the others flying around...

Maybe a reward for orgs and players with a good reputation in the UEE ? Wait and see.

The sole reason why flying Bengals in UEE space is illegal, is that if you have a Bengal, you stole it from the UEE Navy. You'll be wanted by the Navy in UEE space, hence the capturing of a Bengal is risky.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

The sole reason why flying Bengals in UEE space is illegal, is that if you have a Bengal, you stole it from the UEE Navy. You'll be wanted by the Navy in UEE space, hence the capturing of a Bengal is risky.

But what @Ajirax is saying is that maybe there will be a chance to earn, buy or be given one by the UEE.

But what @Ajirax is saying is that maybe there will be a chance to earn, buy or be given one by the UEE.

Maybe... *sniff* maybe...

I have yet to see... uh... I don't know where I was going with that reference. ;)

But what @Ajirax is saying is that maybe there will be a chance to earn, buy or be given one by the UEE.

Maybe... *sniff* maybe...

I have yet to see... uh... I don't know where I was going with that reference. ;)

From the lore that's already come out about the Star Citizen Universe, the Bengal is the UEE's most powerful ship. Their center-piece. It's the reason that it's the only UEE Naval vessel not available for private ownership. I doubt they'd give one away willingly to anyone. 

From the lore that's already come out about the Star Citizen Universe, the Bengal is the UEE's most powerful ship. Their center-piece. It's the reason that it's the only UEE Naval vessel not available for private ownership. I doubt they'd give one away willingly to anyone. 

it would  be like the us giving away a Nimitz class carrier. not gonna happen

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

it would  be like the us giving away a Nimitz class carrier. not gonna happen

Fine we will just take one then.  Wouldn't it be baddass to roll into UEE space with a Bengal and have a Bengal on Bengal brawl with the UEE ai?  With a kingship as well,  be like an invasion lol.

Fine we will just take one then.  Wouldn't it be baddass to roll into UEE space with a Bengal and have a Bengal on Bengal brawl with the UEE ai?  With a kingship as well,  be like an invasion lol.

hahaha apart from it being quite hard to survive the entire UEE fleet it would be fun :D lets do it

hahaha apart from it being quite hard to survive the entire UEE fleet it would be fun :D lets do it

Operation: Perfect Bwossum

Operation: Perfect Bwossum

well this is where we could employ a part of operation dragon, tho it would be a suicide mission :P

Meh, the KingShip looks better IMO. Imagine it with a big UOLTTC logo on the side....Mmmm. It's also a couple hundred metres longer than a Bengal. :D

Meh, the KingShip looks better IMO. Imagine it with a big UOLTTC logo on the side....Mmmm. It's also a couple hundred metres longer than a Bengal. :D

I say that the Bengal looks WAY better than the KingShip. That thing is just plain ugly if you ask me.

I say that the Bengal looks WAY better than the KingShip. That thing is just plain ugly if you ask me.

Well I have seen the Bengal before, but I think no one has ever seen a KingShip before, so I can't tell.

But what I have seen from the size comparison chart, KS looks pretty badass.

That makes sense, but I hope that if they don't plan on making the Bengal available through other means (UEE Rep and missions for example), they'll add other Capital Ships (which is more than likely, anyway).

I mean, the Bengal cannot be the only human-made capital ship of the entire Star Citizen universe... Feels kinda poor when you compare that to others sci-fi universes with dozens of different Destroyer-class (not sure if that's the correct term or if it's only used in Star Wars) ships.

Maybe they can add older versions of it which would've been decommissioned by the UEE... Or on the opposite they could create an upgraded Bengal or an entirely new (and superior) Destroyer reserved to the UEE Navy, which would enable civilian use of the Bengal some time after release.

That makes sense, but I hope that if they don't plan on making the Bengal available through other means (UEE Rep and missions for example), they'll add other Capital Ships (which is more than likely, anyway).

I mean, the Bengal cannot be the only human-made capital ship of the entire Star Citizen universe... Feels kinda poor when you compare that to others sci-fi universes with dozens of different Destroyer-class (not sure if that's the correct term or if it's only used in Star Wars) ships.

Maybe they can add older versions of it which would've been decommissioned by the UEE... Or on the opposite they could create an upgraded Bengal or an entirely new (and superior) Destroyer reserved to the UEE Navy, which would enable civilian use of the Bengal some time after release.

Well, there is the Javelin Destroyer Class, which looks real cool :D