CODE NAME LIQUID HELIX A COMPUTER DESK MOD

aortiz10

Decided to make a computer desk, it seems to be the up and coming style of case modding.

There are so many Rectangular desk out there i wanted to do something outside of the box.

Almost Completed Desk Build.

First I started with a idea of making a Hex sided desk in order to house my computer. After days of designing and researching what goes into a desk build created list of all that was needed inorder to make my idea become reality. The idea then evovled into much more. I then looked to Google Sketchup to design all the componets of the desk.

2_13.jpg

2013-03-27%2021.43.08.jpg0_13.jpg

2_15%20(2).jpg

4_10.jpg

Used Google Sketchup to Plan out the build

Google%20Sketchup.png

Render Using Keyshot

Google%20Sketchup.jpg

A few days of Welding and a Plasma Cutter

2013-03-22_23.19.24_fs.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/embed/aY_94Qwx20I

Check out My Website for more Pics and Vids

http://Liquid-Helix.com

mate, that will be insane! i would love to see the final product when its finished in all its glory!

wonder if you could mold the multi monitor stand into the desk?

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

so cool... do hope this comes out how you want it to

Character artist in the Games industry.

Be still my heart!! That will be awesome ;)

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

If you make it like in the picture umm well your a  beast man! Good luck!!!

CPU:Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition / Xigmatek gaia, Mobo:Gigabyte 970A-DS3Ram:Corsair XMS3 2x2GB 1333mhz, GPU:MSI R7770 GHz Edition, PSU:Corsair CX500 500W, Case:Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition.

That build will look awesome! Especially if the black is matte and the red is metallic or even chrome if you can manage it

Holy mother of God! :O I thought my PC was baddas.. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

That is going to be epic! I assume you used CAD to draw that, it looks awesome!

PC Specs: Case: Corsair 650D     MOBO: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z     CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k     CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i     RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz CL8    SSD: Corsair FGT120

HDD: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB     GPU: Asus GTX580 Matrix Platinum     PSU: Corsair AX850

That is going to be epic! I assume you used CAD to draw that, it looks awesome!

He used Trimble Sketchup

I bet that will turn out better than you expected... looks fine already!

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Those plans are amazing, good luck.

That looks so amazing and badass! 

public static void main(String[] args){

System.out.println("Hello, World!");

}

That thing is beastly looking. Looking forward to the updates and finished product.

Top Stig

It's a party in the GTA

Wow.. this looks absolutly amazing.. The final product is deffinatly going to be a beast.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

looking forward to seeing the finished product of this one. looks amazing.

Wow this is awesome! 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I have always loved desk builds, there is nothing more appealing. I will be waiting for the finish!

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

i really like the way desk builds look but i give u a lot of respect because i know from personal trying it is hard and complicated plus depending on the metal and and other parts it really takes a bite out of yous wallet not including the pc and components you are putting on there. man you got some dedication and some dam good skills. 

Can't wait this to be finished.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Another awesome desk build here, you guys are awesome! :)