PSU for GTX 650 Ti Boost

I am gonna buy a GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB..... I need to upgrade my PSU too.
Is Corsair CX430 PSU enough for a GTX 650 Ti Boost or should i go with CX500???

I am also going to upgrade my CPU cooler from Stock to Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo.

My PC Specs are:

Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz

Intel DH55TC mobo

Kingston 2x2GB Ram @ 1333MHz

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

It should be enough but i would get a 500w just for piece of mind and if you want to add a soundcard or raid card or something

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

A 430/450W PSU should be more than enough considering your specs. You'd have enough headroom left in case you wanted to OC your CPU(only with BCLK and probably on a better mobo?)/GPU.

As for the CX series, even though i haven't had one myself, the reviews are non-existing and the opinions vary (some are satisfied with it, some complain about the coil-whine, some say the wattage is a bit lower). Try looking into some XFXbeQuiet!Seasonic (or any other Seasonic rebranded PSUs - just like the XFX one). Very important is to read the reviews, and not just one of them, read as many reviews as there are on a single product cause that's the only way you can make an informed decision.

A 450w will be enough for that system, but if you feel safer with the 500w then get that. :) 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

i agree 500w will be more than enough

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

i agree 500w will be more than enough

You mean 430W.

For a single 650 ti boost, a 430 watt PSU is more that you'll ever need with room to OC if ever you be planning to get something greater than your current i3. 

For a dual 650 ti Boost in SLI however, you might want to look at 600 watt psu. :) 

Btw upgrading you CPU  cooler wont matter as much unless you really max out your temps, though cooler components = less power used. 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

500W is more than plenty to have some future upgrades.

430W is fine for Overclocking and adding small things (HDD, SSD, ect...)

I run a 450W XFX model with an OC FX 6300 and an OC 650ti also. 450 is easily enough,

AMD FX 6300 4.0GHz, Noctua NH-UB9 ASUS GTX 650 Ti DirectCUII, 12 GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz CL9. Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Samsung SSD 840 120GB, Hitachi Ultrastar 7200RPM 500GB HDD. 450W XFX Pro 80+ Bronze housed in a CM Silencio 550.

even with an i5 is more than fine 430W.with the i3 you will look at like 170W in games for the whole sistem...

I have the CX 430 and it works fine with my system. 

i5 2500k @ 3.5 Ghz

GTX 550ti --- these are more power hungry than the 600 series cards

8GB Corsair RAM

32 GB Onyx SSD

500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

I am gonna buy a GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB..... I need to upgrade my PSU too.

Is Corsair CX430 PSU enough for a GTX 650 Ti Boost or should i go with CX500???

I am also going to upgrade my CPU cooler from Stock to Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo.

My PC Specs are:

Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz

Intel DH55TC mobo

Kingston 2x2GB Ram @ 1333MHz

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Either will be fine, but for upgradability I'd choose the CX500.

I would go with a CX500 psu just to be in the safe zone and to have room for expandability.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would not go for the CX Series at all xD

This is on sale for the same price as the CX500, it's better quality as well.  Pretty much a steal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096

That is a pretty nice deal. More wattage and better quality for the same price! 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

450 watts is the recommended wattage rating for a system with that card. This comes straight from Nvidia. Also get something with a minimum of 24 amps on the +12V rail.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Thnx for d suggestions guyz....
I won't be able to get Seasonic 620W PSU bcoz i don't live in the US.
I will probably go with CX500.

430 should be more than enough because you are only running i3.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

Get a Corsair CX500W. It will be more than enough. Im running a FX-4100 and a GTX 550Ti and there is plenty of overhead.