My computer doesn't turn on when I installed my new graphics card

origee

I've just received my graphic card and installed it into my computer, but after I tried turning it on the light would flash and the fans would spin for a quick second and doesn't turn on. I had it in the 16x pci express slot and it didn't work, so I tried the 8x but I got the same results.

My motherboard, psu and grpahics card is:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H

•EVGA NEX650G Gold

•Sapphire Radeon 7750HD

Also, I know it's a cheap card but it worked fine on my old duo core 2 computer. I also used to use my old pny nvidia geforce 7900 gs on my new pc and it worked fine as well.

Are you sure the PSU isn't bad?

EDIT: Never mind. Could be the card.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

check if there is a bios update this might solve the issue the PSU ins't bad 80 plus gold cert lol

check if there is a bios update this might solve the issue the PSU ins't bad 80 plus gold cert lol

The certification has nothing to do with the quality of the power supply and its condition. I meant "not working properly." Not "EVGA makes terrible power supplies."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

The certification has nothing to do with the quality of the power supply and its condition. I meant "not working properly." Not "EVGA makes terrible power supplies."

you love to quote me don't you...

you love to quote me don't you...

I quote everyone. So people know I'm directing it towards them. It keeps things organized.

It may be something as simple as you've knocked a connector when you plugged it in. Double check your cables :)

My cables are fine and I checked my bios and everything is fine.

My cables are fine and I checked my bios and everything is fine.

i guess there is something wrong with your mainboard since the card works in another pc

maybe, I'll just get another card then. For now I'll just use integrated graphics.

If the connectors are fine and it doesn't work on another pc then the only thing it could be is the card itself. Maybe you got static into it somehow :(

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

My guess is that the HD7750 is D.O.A. Have you tried it in another computer?

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Few months back I also encountered a problem somewhat like this...after spending some days on Google...I came to know that new updated version of my BIOS was in someway not working with my GPU.. so I downgraded the BIOS..and it started working again...

So if you have checked it on a different PC and it worked on that plus some other GPU also works on your PC perfectly then it might be a same problem otherwise...Just give us more info...

so you have tried the card in another pc and it works?

you put the card in your new motherboard and it doesnt work?

you have set the peg mod in bios? to slot 1 and set it to x16.

have you tried the psu of the old machine in the new?

it should still work if its atx.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

When I use on board graphics..I had to set my bios to use the on board graphics..and when I put in a graphics card..I needed to tell the bios to use the add in card..do you have a similar setup in your bios..?

Try this yet..?    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_virtu-mvp_e.pdf

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

When I use on board graphics..I had to set my bios to use the on board graphics..and when I put in a graphics card..I needed to tell the bios to use the add in card..do you have a similar setup in your bios..?

Try this yet..?    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_virtu-mvp_e.pdf

Would that cause the computer to act the way it does? Probably not.

The addition of a add in card may need to be set up. The MB has a Lucidlogic MVP chip and 2 separate operating modes.Is it the cause ? Who knows ?..but it is start..the manual states that " Disabling the discrete card when it wasn't

needed offers a tangible reduction in power consumption, and perhaps most significantly, a tidy reduction of your electricity bills too." Sounds like there is some power related issues that could be present. So it just may be worth a look.
 The last bit of it reads : "

A. System Requirements
- A CPU with integrated graphics
- A motherboard with integrated graphics and supporting LucidLogix Virtu MVP and motherboard drivers
- Windows 7, Windows 8
- An AMD Radeon HD 5000/6000/7000 series and NVIDIA GTX 400/500/600 series graphics card and
its driver
B. Configuring the BIOS and Installing the Graphics Card
• i-Mode:
Step 1: Connect the monitor cable to an onboard graphics port.
Step 2: Enter BIOS Setup, go to Peripherals. Set the first output device to the onboard graphics and set
the onboard graphics to always enabled. For example, for Intel motherboards, set Initial Display
First to IGFX and Internal Graphics to Enabled. (Actual BIOS items may differ depending on
motherboard models and BIOS version.)
Step 3: Save the settings and turn off the computer. Refer to the "Installing an Expansion Card" section in
the user's manual to install the discrete card on the PCI Express x16 slot.
• d-Mode:
Step 1: Refer to the "Installing an Expansion Card" section in the user's manual to install the discrete card
on the PCI Express x16 slot.
Step 2: Connect the monitor cable to the discrete card.
Step 3: Enter BIOS Setup, go to Peripherals. Set the first output device to the discrete card and set the onboard
graphics to always enabled. For example, for Intel motherboards, set Initial Display First to
PEG and Internal Graphics to Enabled."

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

If your motherboard will not post when that card is installed I would say that's a hardware problem. Sounds like a D.O.A to me. Could possibly be the PCI slot on the board though.