Favorite Cherry MX Switch

You should add green to your poll.

I have typed on red switches for two years now, and i still

make typos all over the place. Not to mention the switches

are incredibly harsh on the fingers for any heavy typer. 

The typos are caused by debouncing when the switch contacts more than once during a key press and software fix for this problem can ignore subsequent presses when typing fast. Reds also have no damping, so your finger stops only with it hits the board or the plate.  

Oh , okay thanks , i was having the impression browns were harder than reds

Browns are "harder"/ more resistance than reds, but the documentation says that their the same. Like in real life blues are less resistance than browns, but on paper browns have less resistance.

Add green to the poll, and might aswell add white while you are at it.

The typos are caused by debouncing when the switch contacts more than once during a key press and software fix for this problem can ignore subsequent presses when typing fast. Reds also have no damping, so your finger stops only with it hits the board or the plate.  

yupp, which is why i keep saying that rubber dome really isn't that bad.

Because they provide even mushy support, as opposed to mechanical

switches where you basically just hit the plate. 

Not sure about the debouncing, i'm sure i am the source of many typos

aswell due to how light the switch is.

Browns are "harder"/ more resistance than reds, but the documentation says that their the same. Like in real life blues are less resistance than browns, but on paper browns have less resistance.

From my experience with cherry mx keys. Linear is heavier than clicky tactile,

and tactile is heavier than linear. 

Not an mx-

Alps something, on my apple adjustable keyboard

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Love them blues for typing, lets everyone in the house know you're getting work done.

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

I would have said blue, because I love blue and it feels so good to type on, but I want something in between Blues and Greens

Cherry MX White for the win. But you can't find them damn anywhere.

yupp, which is why i keep saying that rubber dome really isn't that bad.

Because they provide even mushy support, as opposed to mechanical

switches where you basically just hit the plate.

Ideally, Cherry MX keys are supposed to change the way you type so that you don't bottom out your switch, especially with the tactiles. With membrane keys you have to bottom out your key, which is why they feel mushy and horrible, Hitting the backplate is something that everyone does at first because everyone on planet earth has been forced to use membrane keyboards since childhood. We expect to have to apply more force just on principle.

Ideally, Cherry MX keys are supposed to change the way you type so that you don't bottom out your switch, especially with the tactiles. With membrane keys you have to bottom out your key, which is why they feel mushy and horrible, Hitting the backplate is something that everyone does at first because everyone on planet earth has been forced to use membrane keyboards since childhood. We expect to have to apply more force just on principle.

This is what i'm hoping green switches will do for me, it's just that reds

are laughably light for me, i can't even feel the dammn switch. So i would

type the same even if i were forced to use red switches for 5 years straight.

(that is making the assumption i would have usable fingers left after abusing 

them with red switches for so long)

But i would still bottom out blacks, because i'm waiting for some kinda response

from the key. I'm not capable of knowingly pushing the key exactly 2mm down 

then release. Which is where tactile feedback comes in. So i honestly prefer

membrane over light, and especially linear mech switches.

It needs to push against me for me to be able to not bottom it out and ruin my

fingers :P membrane kinda passively watches out for you.

I never used one, but my favorite have to be the Browns.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I picked reds because I absolutely hate the feel of the tactile switches because I slam my keys so hard that the bump makes the switch feel broken and more of an annoyance.

Now, given the chance to try them, I'd probably like black switches the most.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Seems like Blues and Browns are the most popular switch types! Anyway, I prefer Browns because they have a nice tactile feel while not being too noisy.

• 1 month later...

Blues.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

well i have only used browns

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Greens, blues are way too light now. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

White

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I prefer MX Clears, I love them. But miss my clickiness. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Definitely Browns, Reds have no tactileness, which I love. 

Haven't used Blues, Clears or anything else, just membrane, Reds and Browns. 

Praise be to K70 RGB. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!