Favorite Cherry MX Switch

I've only used reds and blues, but from that, I have to say that blues are better. They just feel so much more pleasant to type on. And yeah, they're loud. But they're not so loud that you can't hear music/games/whatever else over them.

The tactile click just feels so much better than reds and reds feel so much better than membrane. I just think that anything else feels "mushy" now that I'm used to blues.

blues because of the satisfying sound. and it's the right weight for me. browns are too light for me.

Yep lol, but I am a bit weird so it makes sense.

Everyone to their own opinion, so i understand why u may like the opposite

But will browns help with typing and gaming (less fatigue)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Blue switch; they have low resistance, smoother than brown switches, and clicky.

Blue switch; they have low resistance, smoother than brown switches, and clicky.

Low resistance?

I though they were some of the heaviest switches?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Reds are only good at typing if you're good at typing with reds lol. It took me like a year of typing with reds to be able to type quickly without tons of typo's but now that i'm used to them i would definitely agree and say they are great for typing. Also yea definitely good for gaming.

Haha, yea when I first got mine I was always pressing keys next to them. I used a blue keyboard before my red ones so it was a little weird.

[-] i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] EVGA Gtx 980 Sc [-] Corsair H105 [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TBNRunity/saved/#savedbuild_1797964

Low resistance?

They have a really far activation point but I don't think they are too tough to press like blacks.

[-] i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] EVGA Gtx 980 Sc [-] Corsair H105 [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TBNRunity/saved/#savedbuild_1797964

Blues. Clickity click click

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Ion cannon mothafucka !!!

I like browns , blues too loud cuz i got good mic.

That is why i like browns.

Destruction_of_Despayre-TEA.jpg

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Really love my MX Browns due to the low noise. I've never had any problems with them either

Desktop: Intel i7 4790k, Hyper 212 EVO, SLI Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming, 8GB HyperX Fury 1600mhz, Corsair CX850M, Fractal Design R5, Crucial MX100

Laptop: Samsung NP900X4C

Peripherals: HyperX Cloud Gaming, NAD Viso HP50, B&W P5, Logitech G710+, G400s, Z623, Galaxy Note 4 (Fiio E18 DAC), Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Linus should do a "Cherry MX Keyswitches" as fast as possible

Edit: Nevermind just noticed he has

Blues. Clickity click click

When ur fingers go tappity tap tap on the keys 

Linus should do a "Cherry MX Keyswitches" as fast as possible

He already has 

Low resistance?

Grey switches are the heaviest of the MX. Blue switches are just as light as reds, which is the lightest of the switches. On the documentation browns have a lower force than blues, but in real life it doesn't feel that way.

That is why i like browns.

Destruction_of_Despayre-TEA.jpg

because the death star destroys a planet ?

I have never had a mechanical keyboard, but I'm looking into getting Browns because I think it would fit what I do

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Grey switches are the heaviest of the MX. Blue switches are just as light as reds, which is the lightest of the switches. On the documentation browns have a lower force than blues, but in real life it doesn't feel that way.

Weren't red the easiest , then blue and brown ?

Browns, because thats what the g710+ came with, they're great though, but can be heavy in running sims ;)

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

Brows, rigt type of click feeling:sound ratio for me. Althogh If I tried a switch that had the same type of force required as blue and the sound of browns I would probably prefer that switch.

because the death star destroys a planet ?

xD

No, because of the same reason as you. 

The death star is an upgrade to your ion cannon.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I voted other.  I like any switch that is a free switch. Give them to me.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You should add green to your poll.

Reds are only good at typing if you're good at typing with reds lol. It took me like a year of typing with reds to be able to type quickly without tons of typo's but now that i'm used to them i would definitely agree and say they are great for typing. Also yea definitely good for gaming.

I have typed on red switches for two years now, and i still

make typos all over the place. Not to mention the switches

are incredibly harsh on the fingers for any heavy typer. 

I like browns, since they're the only ones I've spent a lot of time with. I would probably like blues as well since that click is nice; just a bit too loud I think. 

I want to get a mx clear keyboard since browns feel a bit light to me, but can't justify the purchase when I already have a really expensive keyboard.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10