Favorite Cherry MX Switch

Using some membrane keyboard for now, waiting for K70 RGB MX BLUE

They're out for preorder now! They'll be released on the 24th.

"Never trust the authenticity of a quote on the internet."

-Abraham Lincoln 

They're out for preorder now! They'll be released on the 24th.

yeah they haven't released it yet, only the k70 rgb mx red switches and where's the proof of the k70 rgb blue switches for pre order.

Out of interest, have you ever given Cherry MLs a go? They feel like what I'd imagine a well build scissor switch would feel like. I have two Cherry G84-4100 keyboards that use ML switches, If it wasn't for the annoyingly small form factor (die ten-keyless, die!)and the terrible habit of ML switches getting stuck whenever you hit them off center, I'd definetly use them in day-to-day work.

Some Info on ML switches

I'd seen MLs before, but I probably overlooked them thinking they were Browns under a smaller form factor. I like tiny boards and if I hadn't just blown my keyboard budget on a Realforce, I'd like to try 'em. That's the bad thing about mechanical keyboards; there's too many switches to try, and not enough money.

Cherry MX Blue on the Corsair K70 RGB

Cherry MX Brown on the Logitech G710+

Cherry MX Black on the Steelseries 6Gv2

And I can't wait to feel the Romer-G switches on the Logitech G910 Orion Spark.

mm i'm interested in the Orion Spark. The G502 won out and is my favourite mouse, and it seemed like the Orion might do the same thing, but i'm really not sure about these "romer G" switches. They're rated for more key presses than Cherry MXs, but honestly Cherry really underestimate the lifetime of their switches. Will the switches be more like reds, or will they be shoddy?

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

mm i'm interested in the Orion Spark. The G502 won out and is my favourite mouse, and it seemed like the Orion might do the same thing, but i'm really not sure about these "romer G" switches. They're rated for more key presses than Cherry MXs, but honestly Cherry really underestimate the lifetime of their switches. Will the switches be more like reds, or will they be shoddy?

They're Omron switches, and like the Cherry MX Red, spec'd as a linear switch with a 45g actuation. The actuation point is slightly sooner in the stroke according to Logitech. As for their build quality and feel, only experience will tell. The keypress lifetime is a silly metric, especially when dealing with mechanical keyboards. Rubber dome boards rated much lower can last decades already.

Rubber dome <3 <3 <3

I can't really say, I only used MX Blues.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

i am also using a rubber dome laptop keyboard at the moment but will upgrade to a ducky shine 3 tkl w/ mx blues but i have only used browns so far on my friends (@alby800) logitech g710+

u wot m7+1

They're Omron switches, and like the Cherry MX Red, spec'd as a linear switch with a 45g actuation. The actuation point is slightly sooner in the stroke according to Logitech. As for their build quality and feel, only experience will tell. The keypress lifetime is a silly metric, especially when dealing with mechanical keyboards. Rubber dome boards rated much lower can last decades already.

Ok, thanks for the info

I think the k70 RGB might be the KB for me. Although anything is better than this PS/2 Microsoft KB....

Shame i probably won't be able to actually test each keyboard

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

None.. i like my wave... 

I want a mech keyboard with the wave layout. dammit. 

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm all about the Blues. I have to use Browns in the office as to not drive everyone else to murder, but at home where I can do what I want, I use Blues.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

We have Cherry POS keyboards at work and they use white switches. I hate them, they're far too heavy and squidgy.

I have (had... until an OJ incident) a K90 at home which uses red switches and I really like that!

• 3 weeks later...

Typing: Topre, nothing feels like a topre.

Gaming: Reds, for silky smooth buttery rapid fire key presses.

I just wish I could get super blacks still. 150g for the win!

• 3 months later...

Key switches! Pick your favorite doing this for some research and to show friends the popularity of them

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Blues followed by browns

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

My guess for top three: blues , browns, reds(in that order) 

Personally I chose browns because they slightly less loud than the blues yet they have the same sort of feeling. Personally I don't see the appeal of reds, from what I've heard they're basically like a membrane switch to some extent). 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Goddamn it, you people and your fancy keyboards!

I love my Apple Pro Keyboard from 2001, it has the right key resistance and I love the clicking of the keys. This is a membrane keyboard, by the way.

I did get all the mechanical switches right

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

I'd love to give my input, I have a new Logitech G710+ sitting in the box, it has silent keys, I really want to try out the difference between my current crappy keyboard (It being the Razer Deathstalker, it's absolute garbage, I like it, but absolutely hate it and resent the purchase at the same time!) I like more silent keys because some key switches give a false sense of a click, like razer switches, they seem to give more of a faked sound, and it can be annoying. 

That's just me, so it will be interesting to see the results

Note - The deathadder doesn't have mechanical keys for those wondering.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

My preference
grey, black, red, brown, green, blue, white, clear.

But currently using red.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Did you just say you like grey?

attachicon.gifJerseyShoreGIF.gif

haha that gif.

yeah in terms of feel. but overall black or reds.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

haha that gif.

yeah in terms of feel. but overall black or reds.

I really want blacks or clears, but seeing as I really want the K70 RGB for multiple reasons, I'll probably end up settling with reds since Corsair is a big smelly turd and can't at least make black switches. Lol.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Cherry MX Blue Master Race.

Seriously though, I love the clicky sound of blues and I have a good feel for the actuation force and tactile bump.