[WIP] Project Slowly but Surely

nixproducer

So i am going to be upgrading my computer over this year and by next year i will have this: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/nixproducer/saved/35g4

i am not going to be doing a lot of typing most of it is going to be pictures... so enjoy :)

I got the R4,next is a hyper 212 evo and an ssd and another case fan, havent totally decided yet but then i am going to get my motherboard and processor, and finally a new gpu

and do not say "why did you just save it up and but it at once" the answer is because i wanted the new case and so i came up with this idea so here it goes and P.S sorry for the quality taken with my iphone 4

Before:

lspN6nO.jpgwithout my gpu:

EhJ5AjO.jpginside of R4:

MvfKohs.jpgmotherboard out of my old case:

2m5kAyi6.jpgeverything in the R4:

J2c1CNd.jpgalmost done i had some problem with the fans but i fixed it:

WtuMf7D.jpgAll done :)

K59WHNM.jpgPicture of my setup:

dYLfsJp.jpgok so i will post here with all of my upgrades to come so follow this topic to see all of my upgrades and leave your opinions 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

@OP DO NOT GET BLUE RAM WITH THIS MOTHERBOARD! the blue layout is a lie get some back ram like kingston beast

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

@OP DO NOT GET BLUE RAM WITH THIS MOTHERBOARD! the blue layout is a lie get some back ram like kingston beast

i was going to get the ram after i get the motherboard and processor

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

i was going to get the ram after i get the motherboard and processor

yea yea but i urge you to re consider the rams color  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

yea yea but i urge you to re consider the rams color  

ok well what if i just get that ram in black?

ok well what if i just get that ram in black?

i have the meh version on the board and i hate the look of blue ram in it look 

jatBsvs.jpg

Specs

i have the meh version on the board and i hate the look of blue ram in it look 

but i like the look of that 

but i like the look of that 

to each their own :P anyway just putting the idea out there 

Specs

Looking good. Good luck with the rest of the build :)

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Looking good. Good luck with the rest of the build :)

thanks

gotta love the R4. Good luck with it. Im in the process of upgrading to but my time frame is A LOT bigger.  Are you going to still mount the SSD's on the back seeing as you have to take out the motherboard to do it? Also if you take out that top HDD cage and put two fans in the  front, one in the back exhausting you can get pretty good temps with basically no noise on the medium fan speed setting.  Just some thoughts.

EDIT - Also maybe consider either corsair fans Fractal fans (im going mental) or painting your white drive tray things blue. Not sure if black white and blue would look all that great.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

gotta love the R4. Good luck with it. Im in the process of upgrading to but my time frame is A LOT bigger.  Are you going to still mount the SSD's on the back seeing as you have to take out the motherboard to do it? Also if you take out that top HDD cage and put two fans in the  front, one in the back exhausting you can get pretty good temps with basically no noise on the medium fan speed setting.  Just some thoughts.

not going to mount it on the back going to put it in the hard drive cage, and i was going to take the top one out but the sata cable for my hard drive was too short, so i had to put it back in there and do that the cables are so short i cant even use a optical drive because of it, if you know of any longer sata cables, let me know

not going to mount it on the back going to put it in the hard drive cage, and i was going to take the top one out but the sata cable for my hard drive was too short, so i had to put it back in there and do that the cables are so short i cant even use a optical drive because of it, if you know of any longer sata cables, let me know

I used these in a build before. I quite like the 90 degree thing but I can't find any on amazon though, ill keep searching. They come in 24 inch and 12 inch (conversions off the top of my head)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_104&products_id=23465

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Black and Blue. Me gusta. :D

yeah originally i was going to go black and red but i just saw way too many black and red builds and the color scheme just faded on me, and blue is my favorite color anyways, but cant wait till i get it all finished, it will look much better 

yeah originally i was going to go black and red but i just saw way too many black and red builds and the color scheme just faded on me, and blue is my favorite color anyways, but cant wait till i get it all finished, it will look much better 

Yeah, I think black and red is the most popular color scheme for PCs.... 

Yeah, I think black and red is the most popular color scheme for PCs.... 

yeah i mean for me, its just getting old, and the funny part is i think(or hope) that the red and black theme is over and corsair just changed their website to black and red

yeah i mean for me, its just getting old, and the funny part is i think(or hope) that the red and black theme is over and corsair just changed their website to black and red

I like just black, just white, or black and white.

EDIT - Also maybe consider either corsair fans Fractal fans (im going mental) or painting your white drive tray things blue. Not sure if black white and blue would look all that great.

i am planning on spray painting the drive trays and the pci slot covers blue, but for the fans i am getting a Sp120 for the back and some noctuas in the front 

What motherboard was that in the pre-upgrade picture?

What motherboard was that in the pre-upgrade picture?

its the same motherboard, it is the MSI-7778 Jasmine all i did was switch cases but i am going to be doing some upgrades and mods upcoming in the next few weeks, so stay tuned 

I agree, then you could actually re-use it

why could i not re-use it if you click the pcpartpicker linki updated it with kingston fury ram because i really liked the look of it in @TheNinjaNextDor 's build 

UPDATE: just got some Spray paint to paint the hard drive sleds and the pci covers, i am planning to paint them this week

2BV9sNN.jpg