What's in YOUR Tech Tool Bag?

Can anyone recommend me a good RJ-45 crimper? Price probably won't be too important, but keep it sub $100. Thanks

My current tool (physical) kit.

DSC_5266.jpg

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I whole load of screwdrivers. That's it

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Found the screwdriver, http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=&item_ID=634146&group_ID=675083&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog a bit out of my price range but I guess worth it if you you're using it allot.

Are magnetic screwdrivers ok to use inside a PC?

Generally, yes. I don't think the magnets are powerful enough to hurt your motherboard.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

My iPad 4, Macbook Pro 13", notebook, headsets, pen...and that is pretty much it.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

My bedroom is my tech tool bag.

If they don't care enough to bring me their computer, they don't care enough to bother fixing it.

I7-950 @3.06ghz GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R 3X2gb CORSAIR XMS3 @ 2000MHZ GIGABYTE 7950 CORSAIR HX1000 PSU SANDISK SSD WD 1TB BLACK CORSAIR 600T

I5-750 @ 3.5ghz MSI P55A-GD65 NO DEDICATED RAM YET 2X XFX 5770 OCZ FATAL1TY 1000WATT PSU CORSAIR SSD BITFENIX OUTLAW

I5-760 GIGABYTE P55A-UD4p 4x2gb GSKILL @ 1600   Possible Hackintosh 

- Tools : Screwdriver, RJ45 Crimper, USB to IDE/SATA converter

- Tester : PSU Tester, Motherboard Diagnostic Card, LAN Cable Tester

- Network related : RJ45 jack, Patch Cord, couple meters of UTP cable, Straight to cross LAN converter

- Cables : SATA cable, Molex to SATA Power Converter, AC Power cable, VGA to VGA cable

- Other : BIOS battery, couple of case fan, thermal paste, motherboard beep speaker, cable ties, jumpers (yes very important especially when you deal with old school IDE drives)

- For old computers : IDE CD-ROM, IDE Cable (yes, sometimes i found client old computer's that can't boot from USB at all)

- Gadget : Acer Iconia A501 3G Android tablet (i use this for download some drivers needed, and it got a full size USB port)

- Software : Windows XP/7 installer, Hiren Boot CD, Ultimate Boot CD, Terabyte BootIt Bare Metal (this make easy to build multi-os system and create 4K aligned partition), 64GB Patriot USB Flash full of software, 32+16GB Kingston USB Flash for other things, USB DVD-RW

My setup is more dedicated to building than it is to repairing:

• MacBook Pro 13"
  • USB 3.0 flash drive for storage
  • USB 2.0 flash drive with Windows 7 image
  • ZooZen Access Pro toolkit
  • Some generic precision toolkit
  • Two additional Phillips-head screwdrivers
  • Adjustable wrench
  • Parallel pliers
  • Zip ties
  • 1155 stock heatsink
  • Arctic Cooling MX-4
  • Arctic Silver 5
  • AC power cable
  • NZXT ATX, EPS, PCIe, SATA, and Molex cable extensions
  • Molex*2 to PCIe adapter
  • SATA cable
  • USB 2.0 to SATA adapter
  • DVI to VGA adapter
  • MiniDP to DVI adapter
  • Sony NEX-5 with Asahi SMC Pentax-M 50 mm f/20

My bedroom is my tech tool bag. If they don't care enough to bring me their computer, they don't care enough to bother fixing it.

I disagree. If the client is someone I don't know, I charge enough to compensate me adequately for my time and travel, and if I'm simply doing a favor for someone it's not an inconvenience to go out of my way because I'll probably be spending time with that person beyond just sitting in their house working on a computer.

Laptop, galaxy tab 2 10.1, screwdriver with about all possible (IT-related) bits, usb with Ubuntu, 4 port switch, small usb keyboard & mouse, usb with latest gpu drivers & antivirus software

Proud to be from Belgium.

• thermal paste
  • some Arcticlean (or just alcohol, I just wanted to try some of this stuff out and it was only ~5 bucks),
  • screwdrivers of varying lengths, shapes and sizes
  • a thumb drive or two, usually one with a bootable ubuntu on it, and one with AVG, Hijack this, etc. to help fix and diagnose malware problems
  • extra cables that I have, sata, IDE, extentions, etc. whatever I have excess of that could possibly be of use
  • adapters galore, 3/4 pin to molex, molex to sata, vga to dvi, etc. pretty much every adapter that I own comes with me.
  • cable ties
  • air duster
  • electrical contact cleaner
  • mouse
  • sometimes a keyboard, depends on where i'm going usually and if i'll need it.
  • anti-static bag
  • extra baggies of varying length/types of screws and accompanying washers
  • 120mm fan, in case of heating problems

I'd say that's about it. 95% of the computer problems I fix are people complaining that it's slow. Most of the time I end up just cleaning out 5-10 year old systems that are full of cat hair, dust, and other assorted disgusting things, and cleaning out malware/defragging HDD's etc. Sometimes I'll bring extra unique things based on the situation of what I'm going to be doing. I'm usually just fixing friends/families computers, as this isn't actually my job by any means.

My Rig: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, Intel Core i5-3570k, Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7870x2, Asus Xonar DX, OCZ Fatal1ty 1000w, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Boot drive, 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD in Raid 1 w/ OCZ Vertex 3 60GB Cache

macbook pro 15

3ds

pokemon

water 

kitkat

750gb external usb 

10 pens

$.25

phone

sunflowerseeds

berreta m9

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Uhm yeah laptop, battery backup, seagate backup plus, charger and Torx.. always comes in handy

You seem to have forgotten the PS/2-to-USB adapter and cr2032 replacement batteries.

Also where is the usb-floppy disk drive?

ratcheting screw driver, and cables. and sometimes an iPad mini.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

This video really made me realize I'm such a dumbass for not having a proper tech tool bag. 

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

AWn4EBF.jpg

hTWPZZa.jpg

I don't have the courage to sift through this monster. So yeah. I have no idea.

Cacti, not cactuses. 

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Wow, I just saw the "69" on the calculator :P 

My tech support bag is a lot smaller than Linus'.

I have in it:

- cables (SATA, IDE, USB, TP, general purpose electrical wiring cables)

- soldering iron, electronics grade tin, desoldering wick, pad

- wire cutter

- deinsulating tool

- Dual boot Android+Debian tablet + USB-OTG cable + break-out interface with coaxial and banana plug stroboscope/oscilloscope/multimeter/logic analyser connectors and multi-purpose controller for use with the software that runs in Debian on the tablet

- mini solar array + battery array + transformers/invertor + universal AC adapter

- 2 LED flashlights (one with headband)

- Organizer with a selection of GNU/Linux distros on DVD/CD (I mostly use a USB flash drive to run live GNU/Linux, but after seeing GNU/Linux work, I'm almost always asked to install GNU/Linux on the metal because GNU/Linux impresses bigtime, and I can leave the DVD/CD of the suitable distro behind)

- USB flashdrives with a selection of GNU/Linux distros (I could probably do perfectly fine with just a single USB flash drive with a GNU/Linux live distro, as almost all computer problems are Windoze related software or malware problems that can be solved in minutes with a live distro)

- electrical screwdriver with torque clutch and bits

- allen keys

- huge precision screwdriver set to fit all kinds of proprietary screws

- leatherman tool

- collection of connectors (RJ45, RJ11, molex, 3/4-pin fan, coaxial, etc...)

- DSL-splitter

- heatshrink tubing

- RJ45/11 crimp tool

- staple gun for attaching TP cables to walls

It all fits in a small Targus 12" laptop case

A phillip's head screw driver with 6 attachments, varying in size, some HDD hex screwdrivers and a thumb drive with xp on it...

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Does anyone know of a good RJ 45 crimper?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Day-to-day backbag has just 2 flash drives, leatherman, usb charger and wall adapter for phone and miniled. If I got laptop, then also wireless mouse, mousepad, laptops charger, 2 dvds (rips use laptops hdd space which can get limited), mini-usb cable,

I can vouch for getting some powerfull mini torch (xenon, led). When working with daylight only or without work light and dark case holding phone between teeth can be challenging. I've used torch many times when my head blocks light from lamp and I need both hands.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

nothing beacuse im poor :( building computers sucks all the money out of you, but man its worth it

Agreed, Except I do carry a USB stick, SD card and an ethernet cable... Just in case :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Actually, 99% of the time, the PC's are brought to me. The most thing I use is my standard trusty toolkit (includes all kinds of different screwdrivers). Mostly just a star screwdriver gets the job done.

Firstly. What's up. I'm new to these forums. 

I always carry a Samsung ChromeBook with me. I'm not a big fan of laptops, but one time I desperately needed to have one by my side. I decided to purchase this baddie.

I carry this in the top section of my backpack. Comes in handy a lot of the time.

Next is my phone, the s3. Love this, especially (I know most, if not every phone does this nowadays) if somebody's internet is down, setting up your phone as a Wifi hotspot.

A must. Some usb sticks. My Dad managed to get me these. X2 sandisk 32GB. 

I'll just give you some of this in a list now.

• 2 Premade network cables
  • 4 Wall plates
  • Compressed air.
  • 2 80 / IDE cabes 
  • 2 SATA cables.
  • A bunch of power cables. Mainly your standard laptop and computer ones.
  • 4 RJ45 and RJ-11
  • 1 Antistatic bag - I usually have 2 but used one a few days ago.
  • Coolermaster thermal compound
  • A few adapters for moniters (vga - dvi etc)
  • Cable Ties
  • A USB thingy which has 10 - 14 different brands of phone cables at the end of it.
  • I fixit ultimate toolkit (same as linus)
  • Powered screw driver
  • small flashlight
  • A multi tool
  • 1 USB to IDE adapter 
  • 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adapter 
  • USB ethernet
  • USB external - Always comes in handy!
  • Basic Dell mouse and Keyboard
  • Apple ear phones and a desktop mic.
  • Diagnostic pen drive
  • WinRar 
  • Open Office
  • MicroFibre 
  • Last but not least, 3 windows installation discs, Vista, widows 7 and Windows 8.
  •