Deep networking problem

Go to solution Solved by garbeth,

Try to swich on the SSID 2 (secondary wireless signal) and connect the other devices to the secondary one. i had similar issue with a Wifi antenna an thats the only solution i was able to figure to make it work.

Ok, so in July last year, I built my computer. I saw no problems with it in the first place. All was good. But then, I watched the iSwitched video about his HTC One which recommended the free video streaming program, Emit. I decided that since the stock Sony streaming program wasn't really adequate that I would install this as Linus had had plenty of success with it. What a mistake it was to install it; at first, it was really good and I used it alot. But then, it asked me to be able to go through the firewall through public networks for some reason. This then triggered my computer to be a complete recluse on the home network; neither my phone nor other computers on the network can see it. This is the same when I try and see other devices on the network. After running Network Diagnosis, it says 'There may be a problem with the Firewall', which it failed to fix, it just said 'Detected' next to the problem. When turning the firewall off and giving my computer a sneaky Restart, nothing happened. I still couldn't find any sort of device on my network, except for my Router, which isn't really a device. When looking on other forums, they said 'Use CCleaner and MalwareBytes'. None of them worked. Just to prove that this wasn't a hardware problem, I installed Zorin OS, which is a variant of Ubuntu. It suddenly worked. But I am not willing to use Zorin as my primary OS because it doesn't support some of the programs that I need and it has a few bugs which I don't really need at all. I also tried pinging different devices on my network using the 'ping' command in MS DOS command prompt. The results again show little to no hope. I cannot ping any of the devices on my network; I tried Android Phones, Apple Phones, Apple computers and Windows computers. Every single one that I tried to ping either 'Did not respond' or the 'Connection timed out'. I mean, what a pisstake.

So, Any thoughts?

Tom

VaYbjiV.png

^This is what my phone said, despite the fact that my computer was on^

Z2KszHd.jpg^This is what my computer says; Nothing.^

9IXriTK.png^This is what the Command Prompt says^

Compatible with Windows 95

so let me get this straight you can´t connect your devices to your internet because they don´t find the network? or is that they can see the network but they don´t get connection?

either ways shwich off your PC disconect your RJ-45 from your computer and reset your modem to default, then try to connect your other devices before your PC, once you get internet in your devices, start your computer in safe mode uninstall the program that gives you the issue. then start normal your computer and install again the software, but this time go to the firewall and give permission throught there.

hope this solves your problem

with me whoever, ahead who can

hat unfortunately hasn't worked. However, a new development is that it is something in the wifi network that is causing the problem. When I plug the computer in using an RJ45 cable, it completely solves the issue. But I don't know where the problem is in the wifi network. I think that it is in the driver, it may be a conflict.

Compatible with Windows 95

Try to swich on the SSID 2 (secondary wireless signal) and connect the other devices to the secondary one. i had similar issue with a Wifi antenna an thats the only solution i was able to figure to make it work.

with me whoever, ahead who can