Corsair GS800 PSU Color Schemes (Red)

Hey guys,

Today I got a little package in the mail from corsair;

img2013050700080.jpg

Contained in it was a red and white color scheme for there new 2013 GS series of Power supply's :D

img2013050700081.jpg

Here is an official picture i was emailed by corsair while inquiring about this;

cp8920022.png

So yeah... this is what my rig looks like with the stock blue stickers and band on;

img2013050700083.jpg

img2013050700084.jpg

and this is after :wub:

img2013050700085.jpg

img2013050700086.jpg

img2013050700087.jpg

img2013050700088.jpg

img2013050700089.jpg

img2013050700093.jpg

What do you guys think?

Looks awesome! Your GPUs seems to be slouching but then again it's triple slot.

Looks awesome! Your GPUs seems to be slouching but then again it's triple slot.

Thanks man :)

The top GPU is being pushed down because i have a SSD in the lower 3.5" bay with a right angle Sata-data cable slightly pushing down on it. its slightly exaggerated because of the angle of the photo :P

Ah but i'm amazed that you fitted 2 monster sized cards in a mid-atx.

Ah but i'm amazed that you fitted 2 monster sized cards in a mid-atx.

oops, there only dual slot cards (Asus 560ti)

oops, there only dual slot cards (Asus 560ti)

Oh, i've essentially got the exactly same DCII cooler from Asus but my are 6950s.

E3jIPRb.jpg

Oh, i've essentially got the exactly same DCII cooler from Asus but my are 6950s.

E3jIPRb.jpg

Yeah (Y) I have to say your build looks a lot cleaner than mine, I pretty much gave up with cable management since there was next to no room on the back of the mobo tray and with the PSU being non-modular 

I literally had to strap down the unused cables on the bottom to the fan vents since i couldn't tuck them away on the back as the 24 pin already took all of the space up.

Awesome, seriously I care so much about the aesthetics that I buy products by their colour (like, I would get a ROG mobo over a sniper one just because it's red).

Nice build man those white fans are sweet.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Woah that looks pretty cool! Never seen interchangeable color schemes for a PSU before, i wonder if other manufacturers will follow suit...

My cable routing is horrible, i use what i need to and then im like DIEEEEE CABLEs and a sledge hammer appears and its down hill from that point on.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

looks cool 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Looks sweet! Did you have to pay for them in order to get the red and white themed skin? Do you know if they produce any other skins for other psus by Corsair?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Moved to Member Reviews section :) (Tech News and Reviews is for professional reviews from online)

Ok thanks for pointing me in the right direction (Y)

Looks sweet! Did you have to pay for them in order to get the red and white themed skin? Do you know if they produce any other skins for other psus by Corsair?

They are looking to sell them on there website http://www.corsair.com/us/ i'm not sure there whereabouts or for how much or if there event up yet :(, I have been inquiring about this kit for a long time and every time the release date just keeps getting pushed further and further back.

As for other PSU's on the corsair line, i'm honestly not sure, since the 2013 edd of the GS come out they have been talking about putting out color schemes.

They are looking to sell them on there website http://www.corsair.com/us/ i'm not sure there whereabouts or for how much or if there event up yet :(, I have been inquiring about this kit for a long time and every time the release date just keeps getting pushed further and further back.

As for other PSU's on the corsair line, i'm honestly not sure, since the 2013 edd of the GS come out they have been talking about putting out color schemes.

Ok Thanks for the reply! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer