Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

FAQ updated~

-snip-

You've already got a response on this from luclocke in a PM right? Just making sure. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

FAQ updated~

You've already got a response on this from luclocke in a PM right? Just making sure.

nope only this post in this thread http://goo.gl/UXDtov

How about this for a idea create a thread for anime suggestions. In the OP or second post have a complete list without duplicates. Pick anime from that list relatively in order of whats there trying to stay diverse when making the poll. Then use some of what I mentioned before for creating future polls. this would lessen your need for pms and would allow others to see what is suggested. You could evn keep track o how many time something is suggest in that list and give that more weight when deciding what should be in the poll.

As for the archived anime you may want to name them Week 2 - Log Horizon so people know what it is without opening the spoiler.

I think this is a great idea, I'll talk to @Luclocke and see what comes of it. It'd be awesome if you could manage the thread. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

nope only this post in this thread http://goo.gl/UXDtov

The problem is, I barley get any suggestions. Usually just enough, though this week not as much. I'll be open to having you manage the thread if you'd like to do that. I'm extremely busy as is. Which is why things can be a day late or so. Speaking of which everyone please send me suggestions, and i'll post the poll tomorrow morning. Then I'll open a conversation with fred and prof in private chat to see what we can do.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is a great idea, I'll talk to @Luclocke and see what comes of it. It'd be awesome if you could manage the thread.

Thanks man! Yea I could do it shouldnt be too hard with how much im on the forum.

The problem is, I barley get any suggestions. Usually just enough, though this week not as much. I'll be open to having you manage the thread if you'd like to do that. I'm extremely busy as is. Which is why things can be a day late or so. Speaking of which everyone please send me suggestions, and i'll post the poll tomorrow morning. Then I'll open a conversation with fred and prof in private chat to see what we can do.

Hmm well I could suggest like a whole bunch but then I fear I would flood it. My only idea with that would be include as many suggestions as possible but then add others that wernt suggested but are good if not great to keep it diverse.

I dont have a problem managing the thread and I really think we would get more suggestions if it was public. Heck, there might even be some discussion happening there as well. When suggesting I think I might require at least one sentence as to why there are suggesting it and it must not include spoilers. It could also be kinda like a pitch for the anime once we include it in the polls. The main intention however is just stop a mass post of like 20 anime or something. What do you think?

I think ill suggest something this week. How about Nodame? (PMd)

For good anime everyone should check out this picture http://goo.gl/0Ku64G . I linked to is since its large in more ways than one. Sorry that its not that great but its all I could save when my server tanked couple years ago.

Okay so ive had an idea mulling around in my head for at least a week now. I wonder if there is some way that we could easily do something like a anime stream. The reason I bring this up is that there are quite a few anime, especially certain genre's, that are just better when watch with others. I dont know if any of you have been to anime conventions but some of the best fun I have had has been in viewing rooms (GTO overnight marathon im looking at you). I dont know if I would want to do series or movie's/ova's but the first trial would probably have to be the latter. Just thought I would throw this out there and see hat you thought. If someone could @ the others that might be interested or have some ideas I would appreciate it.

Lastly if any of you are going to ACEN (Anime Central) in a week let me know cause ill be there starting thurs night!

While i don't 100% understand what's going on over here, i'll join in :D

With anime that's chosen for a week, if I've already seen that series, do i have to rewatch it, or just comment on it?

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

With anime that's chosen for a week, if I've already seen that series, do i have to rewatch it, or just comment on it?

You don't need to rewatch it, you can comment on the series if you want but make sure spoilers put in "spoilers" lol. 

You don't need to rewatch it, you can comment on the series if you want but make sure spoilers put in "spoilers" lol.

OK cool!

On the same subject, I notice that the poll is choosing anime that we would like to watch, but is it pick your favourite, or pick your favourite unwatched one?

For example if i've already seen all of them except 1, and i don't really like that one i haven't watched, do i select it, or just pick my favourite from the list?

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

OK cool!

On the same subject, I notice that the poll is choosing anime that we would like to watch, but is it pick your favourite, or pick your favourite unwatched one?

For example if i've already seen all of them except 1, and i don't really like that one i haven't watched, do i select it, or just pick my favourite from the list?

Completely up to you, you can pick one you've already watched if you don't like the others on the list. 

Just a heads up were taking suggestions right now so send @Luclocke a pm on what you want to see this week and it might make it to voting~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the anime of Week 4, I either dropped within a few episodes or simply have no interest in... Sad. Wish I had seen this topic 2 weeks ago for Log Horizon.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

All the anime of Week 4, I either dropped within a few episodes or simply have no interest in... Sad. Wish I had seen this topic 2 weeks ago for Log Horizon.

You can still watch Log Horizon and discuss the series on the Log Horizon series page~ Its not like the thread just disappears ya know? :D

Send in some recommendations for next weeks voting, maybe your pick will make it on the poll :D 

whooo (even i dont truly know whats going on ;) )

rewatch it if you want sometimes its good to rewatch something especially if its been a while. if you remember well enough just comment but dont forget to use the spoiler tag when necessary.

OK cool!

i would say pick what you want to watch and if there arnt any pick your favoite.

Voted Kill La Kill my self!

pick it up ill still discuss. i still havnt finished it myself.

What didnt you like about the list two of those on there are classics and one makes otaku salivate.

Luckily I've already watched the past selections (and Kill la Kill). There was a lot of good stuff on last season, but that's kinda lacking this season apart from the regular good ongoing anime (Faily Tail still counts as ongoing).

This is the first season i've picked up stuff from the beginning, as i only started watching anime around december 2012 (One piece) amd then picked up shorter ones around this time last year.

Does anyone use MAL? If a lot of people use it, then could it be good to include everyone's profile alongside people's usernames or something?

I'm not sure if it has been brought up, but isn't it a problem that non-members can vote?

Luckily I've already watched the past selections (and Kill la Kill). There was a lot of good stuff on last season, but that's kinda lacking this season apart from the regular good ongoing anime (Faily Tail still counts as ongoing).

This is the first season i've picked up stuff from the beginning, as i only started watching anime around december 2012 (One piece) amd then picked up shorter ones around this time last year.

Does anyone use MAL? If a lot of people use it, then could it be good to include everyone's profile alongside people's usernames or something?

I'm not sure if it has been brought up, but isn't it a problem that non-members can vote?

I enjoyed Kill la Kill, it was fun, this week's a tough poll.

I've been watching anime since.. 1st grade..? maybe sooner? My brother was into it and he's 10 years older. I turn 20 this year.

I'm excited fairy tail is back but I'm kind of not enjoying it as much, it's a bit boring in the first few episodes.. I wanna see some action.

One Piece was my 2nd or 3rd, watched it after DBZ & DB & RRK & SC & CB along side Naruto

Not sure what MAL is, care to elaborate for people in a similar situation as mine? I personally use crunchyroll if that's what your talking about.

& No not really, because it's not a "Member Only" club, it's something that anyone is welcome to participate in.

Being a "member" entails receiving notifications upon postings for the club so you can participate easily.

Lets me and others track progress and participation of specific individuals in the discussions to see contributions and provide promotions.

Higher ranks down the road may include some benefits or responsibilities within the club, such as helping with a larger event or even getting 48 hour codes for CR for you to give to friends.

I'd be interested to hear why you dropped what you did and what turned you off about the choices? I was hoping I listed quite a diverse amount of anime this week.

I enjoyed Kill la Kill, it was fun, this week's a tough poll.

I've been watching anime since.. 1st grade..? maybe sooner? My brother was into it and he's 10 years older. I turn 20 this year.

I'm excited fairy tail is back but I'm kind of not enjoying it as much, it's a bit boring in the first few episodes.. I wanna see some action.

One Piece was my 2nd or 3rd, watched it after DBZ & DB & RRK & SC & CB along side Naruto

Not sure what MAL is, care to elaborate for people in a similar situation as mine? I personally use crunchyroll if that's what your talking about.

& No not really, because it's not a "Member Only" club, it's something that anyone is welcome to participate in.

Being a "member" entails receiving notifications upon postings for the club so you can participate easily.

Lets me and others track progress and participation of specific individuals in the discussions to see contributions and provide promotions.

Higher ranks down the road may include some benefits or responsibilities within the club, such as helping with a larger event or even getting 48 hour codes for CR for you to give to friends.

Well, i watched pokemon before that, but then again i don't think it personally counts as a serious anime :P It's not even that good :P

I've just recently started watching naruto a few months ago and just caught up, but i can't say that i'm too impressed by it. Other such as One Piece are much more fun and exciting :P

MAL is this: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AstralRadish&status=7&order=4 (my personal list) It allows you and other people to track what anime you've watched/are watching.

Well, i watched pokemon before that, but then again i don't think it personally counts as a serious anime :P It's not even that good :P

I've just recently started watching naruto a few months ago and just caught up, but i can't say that i'm too impressed by it. Other such as One Piece are much more fun and exciting :P

MAL is this: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AstralRadish&status=7&order=4 (my personal list) It allows you and other people to track what anime you've watched/are watching.

That'd take me so long to start filling out now lmao but that's pretty cool.

& It gets better at shippuden especially in the current arc (Best one by far)

That'd take me so long to start filling out now lmao but that's pretty cool.

& It gets better at shippuden especially in the current arc (Best one by far)

Well, the current arc is a filler one :P

Well, the current arc is a filler one :P

still one of the best ^_^ well, not like kakashi but the one before the filler started. the fillers good though.

@WoodenMarker

Are bumps on forums aloud?

If it's just to push the thread back to the front page, no--they aren't allowed. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd be interested to hear why you dropped what you did and what turned you off about the choices? I was hoping I listed quite a diverse amount of anime this week.

as i said i would be too

Update~ view the FAQ post

HEADS UP I'm switching up the series you see in the club banner~! Let me know what you want to see, maybe it'll make it in! (5/23 is the date the banner update will happen)