Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Just a heads up voting for next weeks series will be postponed till tomorrow, due to technical difficulties. 

f0KCrRl.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I could debate this subject for sometime actually.

SAO was your favorite of all of those even with all the filler and nearly unneeded second season?

What? Of better or worse sub groups? I know a lot of people have preferred groups and some groups they avoid like the plague to the point of not watching and waiting until another group picks it up.

and I guess somebody has to like SAO, since it sells and all.

never mind the glaring inconsistencies, plot holes, tangents, dropping in character, and siscon left fielding it's way in.

I just don't think it can stand by itself without it's original, uh, intimacy. 

@TheProfosist @helping

I know there are problems with SAO. Especially the whole second story arc thing. The second story arc felt like it was solely meant for sex appeal, which disappointed me greatly. The original story arc was awesome and I wish they would have spent at least a whole season on it instead if only half of one.

Also, I don't know what "siscon" means. Pray tell good sir @helping

The way the ended the worth watching story was more of a cop out to me, everything before the turning point and before the end of the first arc just started going down hill and the entire construct fell apart.

and sister complex, you could technically call it brocon(?) depending on perspective and active/passive. 

Error: 410

What? Of better or worse sub groups? I know a lot of people have preferred groups and some groups they avoid like the plague to the point of not watching and waiting until another group picks it up.

and I guess somebody has to like SAO, since it sells and all.

never mind the glaring inconsistencies, plot holes, tangents, dropping in character, and siscon left fielding it's way in.

I just don't think it can stand by itself without it's original, uh, intimacy. 

just how subs should be done and fansubs vs retail subs

I mean i liked the story but just the way they went about it wasnt great.

@TheProfosist @helping

I know there are problems with SAO. Especially the whole second story arc thing. The second story arc felt like it was solely meant for sex appeal, which disappointed me greatly. The original story arc was awesome and I wish they would have spent at least a whole season on it instead if only half of one.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

-snip-

You sir need to watch yourself some more anime! Ill let @helping field that question for you since hes the one that brought it up and will surely have a fun description. ;)

You sir need to watch yourself some more anime! Ill let @helping field that question for you since hes the one that brought it up and will surely have a fun description. ;)

Not very much time, lots of schoolwork lately. Barely have time for anything else. I'm slowly working my way through FMA, again.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Not very much time, lots of schoolwork lately. Barely have time for anything else. I'm slowly working my way through FMA, again.

watching FMA again? which one? was the last time you watched it quite sometime ago or did you think you just missed something?

watching FMA again? which one? was the last time you watched it quite sometime ago or did you think you just missed something?

I watched it ~1.5 years ago

I wouldn't watch it because I think I missed something, although maybe FMA I would. Complex story.

I watched it ~1.5 years ago

I wouldn't watch it because I think I missed something, although maybe FMA I would. Complex story.

ahh just wanted to watch it again then?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if it's OK for me to ask this here but there is this anime that I keep seeing clips of for the last few years and never got around to watching it but I feel like I knew the name at one time and forgot. The clips are of a hatsune Miku look alike with black hair wearing black fighting. Any idea what it's from cause I think i might give it a shot.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I don't know if it's OK for me to ask this here but there is this anime that I keep seeing clips of for the last few years and never got around to watching it but I feel like I knew the name at one time and forgot. The clips are of a hatsune Miku look alike with black hair wearing black fighting. Any idea what it's from cause I think immaculate give it a shot.

No idea mate, i've seen many a loli with different colored hair but never black for an odd reason.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if it's OK for me to ask this here but there is this anime that I keep seeing clips of for the last few years and never got around to watching it but I feel like I knew the name at one time and forgot. The clips are of a hatsune Miku look alike with black hair wearing black fighting. Any idea what it's from cause I think immaculate give it a shot.

Ahh that's Black Rock Shooter I think. I've never seen it myself. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Awkward cause I did know of this -_- just didn't think of it. Sorry @RainColt

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11285/Black%E2%98%85Rock_Shooter_(TV)

That'd be it. Maybe it will be my next suggestion for anime to watch. I'll put it off for the club

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

That'd be it. Maybe it will be my next suggestion for anime to watch. I'll put it off for the club

Sounds good to me~!

Voted Kill La Kill

These are all bran new anime im going to have to start suggesting older ones that I consider must watches.

Ive only see the movie/pilot it seemed interesting for the animation and fighting but I dont know about the series.

Voted Kill La Kill

These are all bran new anime im going to have to start suggesting older ones that I consider must watches.

Ive only see the movie/pilot it seemed interesting for the animation and fighting but I dont know about the series.

Kill La Kill having a ton of fan service makes me avoid watching it but I'll still give it a go if it wins this week.

As for Black Rock Shooter I heard its either you like it or you don't. *shrugs* I'll find out someday. 

Kill La Kill having a ton of fan service makes me avoid watching it but I'll still give it a go if it wins this week.

As for Black Rock Shooter I heard its either you like it or you don't. *shrugs* I'll find out someday.

but its intentional blatant fan service which in this case is good in my opinion. This is due to the mood that the anime sets. If you watched a bunch of Gainax anime you would know what I mean. Also that studio was kinda spun off of them so it makes sense. That studio's stuff actually feels more like gainax than gainax does now days.

Check out http://goo.gl/fGO9f8 specifically the "The Studio That Lost 2013" section.

I dont know ill check it out when I get a chance. There might have been a second movie or OVA too I forget.

but its intentional blatant fan service which in this case is good in my opinion. This is due to the mood that the anime sets. If you watched a bunch of Gainax anime you would know what I mean. Also that studio was kinda spun off of them so it makes sense. That studio's stuff actually feels more like gainax than gainax does now days.

Check out http://goo.gl/fGO9f8 specifically the "The Studio That Lost 2013" section.

I dont know ill check it out when I get a chance. There might have been a second movie or OVA too I forget.

Which reminds me I need to watch gurren lagann some time too.... ahh the things to do... 

Im moving this http://goo.gl/yHGxRP a discussion that I started over in the week three voting thread over here since it applies to this thread in general.

I think there should be at least one Pre-2007, Post-2007, recent, and current offering each week. This would diversify the offerings each vote. The last two votes have been made up of mostly current and the rest recent series. Additionally if something does well but doesnt win bring it back next round and if something does horribly banish it until we cant think of anything else.

To be truthful there have been a couple gems but for the most part current offerings wernt so hot in my opinion, especially within the last year or so. An issue I see in that newer anime viewers, at least in the US, never go and watch the anime that broke the ground for many of the current titles. I think is a complete shame. it would also help with some of the titles that rely on anime knowledge. Hayate no Gotoku anyone? Many times this is sadly due to the older animation style which is why GITS 2.0 happened as well as the new Eva movies.

What do you all think of that? I would prefer to have this as a discussion on the forum and really see what people think. Truthfully it may actually be easier for me to rewatch older anime, especially ones that its been a while, than start something brand new. It will also give me a reason to rewatch them and with all the knowledge and experience I have gained since ill likely get something new or different out of it.

I also wonder if there is a way to get more discussion out of it but someone(s) would really have to lead the charge on this part and try and engage people on stuff. I still think a 24-26 ep series is too much to finish in one week. This doesnt mean that starting a new series cant happen just that the other thread should still be "current" if you know what I mean.

Oh and heads up with discussion I am stupendously horrible with names and this definitely includes character names in anime. Until someone corrects me or figures out who im talking about im likely to just use as descriptions. :P

Im moving this http://goo.gl/yHGxRP a discussion that I started over in the week three voting thread over here since it applies to this thread in general.

I think there should be at least one Pre-2007, Post-2007, recent, and current offering each week. This would diversify the offerings each vote. The last two votes have been made up of mostly current and the rest recent series. Additionally if something does well but doesnt win bring it back next round and if something does horribly banish it until we cant think of anything else.

To be truthful there have been a couple gems but for the most part current offerings wernt so hot in my opinion, especially within the last year or so. An issue I see in that newer anime viewers, at least in the US, never go and watch the anime that broke the ground for many of the current titles. I think is a complete shame. it would also help with some of the titles that rely on anime knowledge. Hayate no Gotoku anyone? Many times this is sadly due to the older animation style which is why GITS 2.0 happened as well as the new Eva movies.

What do you all think of that? I would prefer to have this as a discussion on the forum and really see what people think. Truthfully it may actually be easier for me to rewatch older anime, especially ones that its been a while, than start something brand new. It will also give me a reason to rewatch them and with all the knowledge and experience I have gained since ill likely get something new or different out of it.

I also wonder if there is a way to get more discussion out of it but someone(s) would really have to lead the charge on this part and try and engage people on stuff. I still think a 24-26 ep series is too much to finish in one week. This doesnt mean that starting a new series cant happen just that the other thread should still be "current" if you know what I mean.

Oh and heads up with discussion I am stupendously horrible with names and this definitely includes character names in anime. Until someone corrects me or figures out who im talking about im likely to just use as descriptions. :P

The anime we poll for is chosen by the members of the club. While I do not disagree that more diversity in terms of art style and time of creation would be nice, I made the choice to leave it up to the club members what is seen in each poll. If you message me every week, with a pre 2007 anime, or a anime you think would be good, I'll be glad to add it to the polls. As for the admin suggestions, I'll speak to fred about older anime as that's something I'm not very familiar with as a newer fan myself. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, but I could have not, the anime thread discussion is not dead once the week is through. You're fully welcome to continue a discussion with other members who continue watching it for as long as you'd like, it's simply no longer the "Featured" anime which is listed on the main page. I know I'll be joining in the thread of Log Horizon discussion a little late, but it doesn't mean we cannot still talk about it. 

While I like your suggestions, I don't think it would be fair for me and fred to simply choose each of the anime for the polls, members have the option to send in ones they'd like to share and discuss. Nor do I have the time to micro manage the release dates of suggestions people send me. I do like the idea, but it doesn't fit well. You're welcome to be the member who does suggest older anime and will have them featured each week as a poll choice.

The anime we poll for is chosen by the members of the club. While I do not disagree that more diversity in terms of art style and time of creation would be nice, I made the choice to leave it up to the club members what is seen in each poll. If you message me every week, with a pre 2007 anime, or a anime you think would be good, I'll be glad to add it to the polls. As for the admin suggestions, I'll speak to fred about older anime as that's something I'm not very familiar with as a newer fan myself. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, but I could have not, the anime thread discussion is not dead once the week is through. You're fully welcome to continue a discussion with other members who continue watching it for as long as you'd like, it's simply no longer the "Featured" anime which is listed on the main page. I know I'll be joining in the thread of Log Horizon discussion a little late, but it doesn't mean we cannot still talk about it. 

While I like your suggestions, I don't think it would be fair for me and fred to simply choose each of the anime for the polls, members have the option to send in ones they'd like to share and discuss. Nor do I have the time to micro manage the release dates of suggestions people send me. I do like the idea, but it doesn't fit well. You're welcome to be the member who does suggest older anime and will have them featured each week as a poll choice.

I can suggest many as I said. im not saying you should pick them every week sorry if it came off that way. I guess I thought you might have gotten so many suggestions that you chose which to include.

How about this for a idea create a thread for anime suggestions. In the OP or second post have a complete list without duplicates. Pick anime from that list relatively in order of whats there trying to stay diverse when making the poll. Then use some of what I mentioned before for creating future polls. this would lessen your need for pms and would allow others to see what is suggested. You could evn keep track o how many time something is suggest in that list and give that more weight when deciding what should be in the poll.

I dont know tell me what you, @MyInnerFred , or anyone else im just trying to come up with ideas. If you really wanted I could make and run the thread.

As for the archived anime you may want to name them Week 2 - Log Horizon so people know what it is without opening the spoiler.