Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

New setup after move is comin along :D

20200326_011200.jpg

New bigger animu desk mat is on the way. cant wait.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

• 2 weeks later...

new bigger mouse pad came in today20200407_210132.thumb.jpg.4deca8160df88faba14b1e657c7380c4.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Nice deskmat. What are the dimensions for it exactly? Looks to be at least 50cm in width and... over a meter in length? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

21 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Nice deskmat. What are the dimensions for it exactly? Looks to be at least 50cm in width and... over a meter in length? 

25in x85in had to have it custom made to my desk

20200407_211541.thumb.jpg.29da45e97971ae910c250a997ddbf653.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's time to watch some anime from my childhood, even if they're a bit slutty and lewd. :D

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

22 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

I guess it's time to watch some anime from my childhood, even if they're a bit slutty and lewd. :D

Thought that was an inuyasha thumbnail. disapointed lol

Man how this massive thread has fallen, from largest thread and most viewed thread on the forum. Honestly surprised it still seems to be 2nd place with views and posts. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yeaaaah, it's hard to talk about anime when there like, 1 or 2 anime at the most per season that are actually worth talking about it.... If that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

Yeaaaah, it's hard to talk about anime when there like, 1 or 2 anime at the most per season that are actually worth talking about it.... If that.

It's a shame.... lots of stuff delayed as well due to the pandemic. 

I'm looking forward to that new MMO Bandai Namco is working on though, Blue Protocol is looking good. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, MyInnerFred said:

I'm looking forward to that new MMO Bandai Namco is working on though, Blue Protocol is looking good. 

Looks pretty good. Love the anime style. At least it doesn't look like the all the other shitty mmo from South Korea.

I just hope it's not super generic in the way it plays, as in not just repetitive quests with different text (Fetch this, Do that, Go there, Kill that, Talk to...). That's basically what killed every other MMO I've played, even if I enjoyed them a bit at first, once the grind starts setting in, you notice these things and my enjoyment goes out the window.

But before that, it would need to be available outside of Japan, so... 🤷‍♂️

Just now, TetraSky said:

Looks pretty good. Love the anime style. At least it doesn't look like the all the other shitty mmo from South Korea.

I just hope it's not super generic in the way it plays, as in not just repetitive quests with different text (Fetch this, Do that, Go there, Kill that, Talk to...). That's basically what killed every other MMO I've played, even if I enjoyed them a bit at first, once the grind starts setting in, you notice these things and my enjoyment goes out the window.

But before that, it would need to be available outside of Japan, so... 🤷‍♂️

Bandai Namco seem to have been looking for or already hired localization staff and they have confirmed they plan to release the game for the west shortly after they release in Japan it seems. 

As for the questing system, I haven't looked into it enough to know how it operates. But there is a bunch of close beta footage you can view to get a idea of how the gameplay is: 

13 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

they plan to release the game for the west shortly after they release in Japan it seems. 

To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical of MMO releases outside of Japan after all the lies from SEGA about Phantasy Star Online 2... They promised it would get a western release "soon" after the Japan release... That was in 2012. Then we would get a promise nearly every year around E3 that "it's coming".

We're only just now getting it, next month on PC. 8 years later.🤦‍♂️

So I'll save myself the pain of getting hyped for a game and wait until there's proper confirmation of a western release date before actually looking in-depth at the game mechanics and questing.😅

16 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical of MMO releases outside of Japan after all the lies from SEGA about Phantasy Star Online 2... They promised it would get a western release "soon" after the Japan release... That was in 2012. Then we would get a promise nearly every year around E3 that "it's coming".

So I'll save myself the pain of getting hyped for a game and wait until there's proper confirmation of a western release date before actually looking in-depth at the game mechanics and questing.😅

Fair enough, I don't know much about PSO2's history of promises. 

I'm staying optimistic that Bandai Namco doesn't do something similar, it wouldn't make sense to go start hiring localization staff so soon if they didn't plan on doing a NA/EU release imo. 

19 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

Fair enough, I don't know much about PSO2's history of promises. 

I'm staying optimistic that Bandai Namco doesn't do something similar, it wouldn't make sense to go start hiring localization staff so soon if they didn't plan on doing a NA/EU release imo. 

I still get spammed with emails from the time I (briefly) played PSO2 a long time ago. It was pretty much empty when I tried playing it, so didn't get very far. Plus my friends wouldn't try it. Captchas are annoying enough without trying to do them in Hiragana

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I still get spammed with emails from the time I (briefly) played PSO2 a long time ago. It was pretty much empty when I tried playing it, so didn't get very far. Plus my friends wouldn't try it. Captchas are annoying enough without trying to do them in Hiragana

Well a two of the club members on discord has been playing and it seems to be pretty good from what I've heard. @CatCloud @Ithanul

Not sure if I'll get into it though.

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

Well a two of the club members on discord has been playing and it seems to be pretty good from what I've heard. @CatCloud @Ithanul

Not sure if I'll get into it though.

I've been meaning to get back into a game. Really haven't played anything for over a year now. 

Standard excuse of I don't have time, but really I spend so much time on a computer for work that I just can't bring myself to focus on games anymore.

10 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I've been meaning to get back into a game. Really haven't played anything for over a year now. 

Standard excuse of I don't have time, but really I spend so much time on a computer for work that I just can't bring myself to focus on games anymore.

I haven't gamed all that much myself honestly, I've been itching to play a mmorpg for a long time now but nothing available right now looks appealing to me. 

I spend most of my time dicking around on my computer or doing work as well... mostly dicking around though.... 

2 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I haven't gamed all that much myself honestly, I've been itching to play a mmorpg for a long time now but nothing available right now looks appealing to me. 

I spend most of my time dicking around on my computer or doing work as well... mostly dicking around though.... 

Why not both at the same time? 

Multiple monitors and working from home means I'm normally doing both. Since a role change at work, I have 12 hour shifts with a fair bit of down time. Plenty of time to work through my VN backlog. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Why not both at the same time? 

Multiple monitors and working from home means I'm normally doing both. Since a role change at work, I have 12 hour shifts with a fair bit of down time. Plenty of time to work through my VN backlog. 

You bastard, I haven't had multiple monitors in so long... I miss them... 

In fact I'm in the market for a 2nd monitor right now, I made a thread on here like a hour ago looking for recommendations but no one has responded yet. Maybe you could take a look lol. 

I haven't played a VN in a longgggg time, I've been way out of the loop on what's actually good. I can't really play and work at the same time though, my work often requires my full attention. =/

5 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I haven't gamed all that much myself honestly,

Same here. Lots of dicking around the internet. Opening and closing the same websites over and over again.

Honestly the only game I've been playing lately... Is a Link to the Past, on the Switch.

As for VNs, wow haven't played one in a while. I had a huge backlog on my drive not that long ago, well over 300GB worth of VNs... ended up deleting everything since I just didn't have the motivation to read any of them. I find myself reading a lot more plain ordinary Light Novels these days... Like Ascendance of a Bookworm. Great slow paced story. (there's an anime too, which is good, but not LN good)

14 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

You bastard, I haven't had multiple monitors in so long... I miss them... 

In fact I'm in the market for a 2nd monitor right now, I made a thread on here like a hour ago looking for recommendations but no one has responded yet. Maybe you could take a look lol. 

I haven't played a VN in a longgggg time, I've been way out of the loop on what's actually good. I can't really play and work at the same time though, my work often requires my full attention. =/

5 of them here, all of the pixels. 

To be honest, I'm out of the loop for computer hardware. I mostly lurk on the forum. I've given my thoughts in the thread though.

Managed to get out of IT support after just a year so I'm now pretty picky about what I'll respond to in my own time. Completely stopped offering any help unless approached when it comes to family and friends. 

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Same here. Lots of dicking around the internet. Opening and closing the same websites over and over again.

Honestly the only game I've been playing lately... Is a Link to the Past, on the Switch.

As for VNs, wow haven't played one in a while. I had a huge backlog on my drive not that long ago, well over 300GB worth of VNs... ended up deleting everything since I just didn't have the motivation to read any of them. I find myself reading a lot more plain ordinary Light Novels these days... Like Ascendance of a Bookworm. Great slow paced story. (there's an anime too, which is good, but not LN good)

I don't have any next gen consoles so nothing like that for me.

Only LNs I've been reading is the new Spice & Wolf ones and Overlord, Ascendance of a Bookworm sounds kinda comical you have any recommendations to shoot my way? 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

5 of them here, all of the pixels. 

To be honest, I'm out of the loop for computer hardware. I mostly lurk on the forum. 

Managed to get out of IT support after just a year so I'm now pretty picky about what I'll respond to in my own time. Completely stopped offering any help unless approached when it comes to family and friends. 

5 Monitors... jeez that's excessive dam. 

I think you've lasted longer than me in IT support work, I found out I enjoy using hardware and fixing my own hardware problems far more than fixing other people's problems. So it's just friends and family for me as well now for the most part. 

2 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

5 Monitors... jeez that's excessive dam. 

I think you've lasted longer than me in IT support work, I found out I enjoy using hardware and fixing my own hardware problems far more than fixing other people's problems. So it's just friends and family for me as well now for the most part. 

I enjoyed it at first, but it was really my first full time job, so that probably played a part. Was getting very bored after a year though and a good position came up at the same company and went for it, so good timing in a sense. 

Now I work in a role that barely interacts with anyone other than about 7 other people, and no support for end users. Perfect. 

In terms of computers... Haven't really touched mine for a year or more. Trying to save for a deposit on my own place and sinking money into my car for the most part. 

17 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

you have any recommendations to shoot my way? 

That and Overlord are basically the only LNs I've read in the last 3 years, so unfortunately I don't really have much in terms of recommendations in LNs. 

51 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

:P And ya behind on MHW, though, both catcloud and me been busy on PSO2.

PSO2 is pretty darn easy to level in if you know how to max out using the Triboosts and other boosters which atm the game seems to be giving out like candy.  

:I  I got like bloody 50+ of Triboost 50%, 30+ Triboost 100%, etc. items.  I'm like.......I am trying to use these up but I keep getting more.  

24 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I don't have any next gen consoles so nothing like that for me.

Only LNs I've been reading is the new Spice & Wolf ones and Overlord, Ascendance of a Bookworm sounds kinda comical you have any recommendations to shoot my way? 

Hmmm, not sure if you read this one:  The Last Surviving Alchemist Wants to Live Quietly in the City

A fellow Guard member told me about this one, and I pick it up.  Usually a genre that not my cup of tea, but I actual really enjoyed reading this LN.

:P Also, surprise you have yet to re bug me on the LN of Saga of Tanya the Evil.  I'm near done with book 2. 

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU