Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
2 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Yessssssssss, I'm a tad hype for Mob Psycho 100 season 2.  I just love how the animators just have a lark with the animation on that series (hope they keep at it).

I believe they were trying to emulate the art style of the manga. But I agree, I hope they keep it or I feel like it would lose its charm.

8 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I believe they were trying to emulate the art style of the manga. But I agree, I hope they keep it or I feel like it would lose its charm.

Agree.  I really like the art style.  Plus, the characters don't seem like stiff cardboard like some other animes I seen (some do look nice, but oof, the characters seem so bland in experissions at times).

Actually, rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho, and darn it reminds me why I really liked a few of the older animes.  The animators just seem to have a lark doing the action scenes with different styles and the facial experissions.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

5 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Yu Yu Hakusho

Now I have to rewatch that series. It's a bit weird but my favorite thing about those classic anime is the sound of the footsteps when the characters are running. I don't know why the producers made it so distinct.

7 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Now I have to rewatch that series. It's a bit weird but my favorite thing about those classic anime is the sound of the footsteps when the characters are running. I don't know why the producers made it so distinct.

Yeah, they sure where distinct with certain sound effects in the older ones.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

15 hours ago, TetraSky said:

With the Winter season of anime starting now/soon, is there anything you all are looking forward to watch?

No idea, I'm taking a look at them when they come out. Somethings "speaks to me", somethings do not. And some things I drop half way through...

And some things I pick up later/finish in a Marathon (Toaru Majitsu no Index 3)...

But there are some things that might look nice, but so far its not that great...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

its been years since i was last here... ok maybe 1.5..... but none the less it looks like chat here still hasnt died off tho it has slowed to a crawl.

Welcome to those i have not seen before and hi to the ones i see in discord daily. :D

I haven't been much into watching anything lately but i did manage to marathon a few shows the last couple weeks, 1 being eromanga sensei with finestryebread when we went to a con in december and the anime is kinda trash... got a few laughs

I also managed to watch bunny girl senpai which i enjoyed and gave me the monogatari vibes i havent had since monogatari second season that i have missed for years. 

And last but not least goblin slayer. Besides that first ep which was clearly a over done attention getter i enjoyed it. if they hadn't toned it down about 5 notches after that episode i wouldn't have enjoyed it. none the less besides eromanga sensei i recommend the other 2 lol.

only watch that show IF you have someone to laugh at it next to while eating a big ass deep dish chicago style pizza.

OH yea.... i've doven into the world of anime figs even more. now up to like 55. ship sinks fast yo.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that entire season 6 of Rwby is just an elaborate moth meme.......

WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE THE MEME DIED!?!

Almost finished watching My Monster Secret. Might have to continue this one in the manga. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

This Season there seem to be some nice ones that didn't sound like it.

Of course the Rage is the Shield Hero anime right now for whatever reason...

And its not even bad and started with a double episode...

Thus I'd recommend the "anti-feminism and slave apologetic" anime as well.

Today I'm watching Tensai Shitara Slime Datta Ken and Pastel Memories (some Mahou Shoujo stuff).

The "Female Pedo" stuff seems to be the rage over in Japan as this season got "Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!" wich is similar to Uchamaid last season...

Well, except that the MC isn't that imba/crazy than the last one...

That will come tomorrow (Tuesdays)

And if you already watched the "first Season", you'll continue 3D Kanojo everyone else needs to start at the beginning (obviously)

Wednesday I can highly recommend 

Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue wich is essentially a writer writing a book and got a cat from the street. Cat is very intelligent and kind for a cat. And although its very simple and not much really happening, its fun to watch...

And of course Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. Must see this season!

Thursday:

The usual Ecchi Romance Anime Go-toubun no Hanayome. If you like it, watch it, if not, well, you probably won't miss too much...

So far it looks awesome.

And Girly Air Force could also be somewhat interesting. But well, looks like a Harem Romance with powerful girls as well...

So wait and see what happens...

Friday:

Date a Live 3! No question.

Egao no Daika might be interesting as well, right now took a turn for the punch in the Stomach. Lets wait and see how that developes.

Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka is a somewhat different, dark Mahou Shoujo with a lot of core. This time a Magical Girl fights bad boys (so far). And kills them. Very gory. Can go either way...

Domestic na Kanojo is a romance drama/love triangle thingy. If you like this stuff, go for it...

Saturday

If you like the all girl slice of life type, Bermuda Triangle - Colorful Pastrale might be worth a look.

Fukigen na Mononokean S2 is a nobrainer for everyone that watched the first season...

Endro is also quite nice (if you want to watch something and have time for it), as its a story about a Demonlord trying to hinder the Hero to become a Hero... The usual Comedy All Girl stuff...

Sunday:
As always, not much. only Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai. That looks nice so far. A couple of Girs as WW2 Plane fighter aces in an alternative Reality...

And Ueno-san wa Bukiyou is something you must not watch. Its just that bad...

14 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Date a Live 3!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGg3v6477WezVS3wgySqL

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Me while watching the latest SAO episode
3Wvr.gif

Me when it ends right at the climax of the fight

whywouldyoudothat.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Any anime out there that is Battletech style? In other words not your standard super-fast jumping all over the place roboto but more of the lumbering beasts we know from Battletech?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Any anime out there that is Battletech style? In other words not your standard super-fast jumping all over the place roboto but more of the lumbering beasts we know from Battletech?

Gundams are usually like that.

They are heavy and often they don't fly.

But don't start with Turn A, start with Seed, Wing or 00.

And do not watch Reconguista or Age...

Iron Blooded Orphans might be also an option.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:28 AM, Stefan Payne said:

Gundams are usually like that.

They are heavy and often they don't fly.

Tey those from the 90s, they are very well written war stories with 17m tall robot fighting the war.

Patlabor was OK for that.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Hi Score Girl is interesting. Animation kinda sucks, voice acting isn't great, but still enjoyable.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 1/20/2019 at 8:46 PM, Drak3 said:

Hi Score Girl is interesting. Animation kinda sucks, voice acting isn't great, but still enjoyable.

What is it about? Also.... nice profile picture. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

35 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

What is it about?

It's set in the golden days of arcade gaming, Strret Fighter 2 era. A 6th grade boy is the best at SF2 in the era until the top kid of his class beats him multiple times. He considers them rivals and she kinda latches onto him.

For the rest, you'll have to watch it on nextflix. It only has 12 episides right now.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Okay, who's watching ShieldBro for the bird and not for the raccoon? 

2 hours ago, Rafale19 said:

Okay, who's watching ShieldBro for the bird and not for the raccoon? 

I watch it for the rage of certain people.

And because its interesting that the said weakest hero is the strongest and best one.

And the other shit (yeah, I've read the Manga up to ch 27 or so)...

God, I really hope that they show the Dinosaur and the other Bird ?

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone explain Monogatari 2nd season arcs for me? I am really confused after finish watching the series. The entire show's chronological order was messed up right from the beginning and adding to the confusion, I saw several seemingly important characters who were never introduced properly. 

By the final episode, as I see kaike got stabbed to death and lied dying in the snow, I had difficulty wrapping my head around all the events. 

If any of these are meant to be explained in the final season, please leave out the spoiler but I would like to hear a recap and a short explanation of all the events happening up to that point in a chronological order which the show just simply jumble up.

I havent yet been this confused since watching Toaru Majutsu no Index, but that show is a train wreck and this one has a decent plot. I have been binge-watching so I think I am missing some important details here and there... 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 2/23/2019 at 7:07 PM, wasab said:

Can anyone explain Monogatari 2nd season arcs for me? I am really confused after finish watching the series. The entire show's chronological order was messed up right from the beginning and adding to the confusion, I saw several seemingly important characters who were never introduced properly. 

By the final episode, as I see kaike got stabbed to death and lied dying in the snow, I had difficulty wrapping my head around all the events. 

If any of these are meant to be explained in the final season, please leave out the spoiler but I would like to hear a recap and a short explanation of all the events happening up to that point in a chronological order which the show just simply jumble up.

I havent yet been this confused since watching Toaru Majutsu no Index, but that show is a train wreck and this one has a decent plot. I have been binge-watching so I think I am missing some important details here and there... 

it's been a while since i watched it so i don't remember all the acrs in the season but lets start from the start.

The first event is Arargi and Shinobu's time leap.

Hanekawa and the tiger runs in parallel with hachikuji and the black ball arc hence why araragi only makes his appearance at the end of fight between black Hanekawa and the tiger.  

Then Nadeko becomes a god.

Then Kaiki goes to deal with Nadeko.

4 hours ago, jhmfb said:

it's been a while since i watched it so i don't remember all the acrs in the season but lets start from the start.

The first event is Arargi and Shinobu's time leap.

Hanekawa and the tiger runs in parallel with hachikuji and the black ball arc hence why araragi only makes his appearance at the end of fight between black Hanekawa and the tiger.  

Then Nadeko becomes a god.

Then Kaiki goes to deal with Nadeko.

So chronological order is this? 

Shinobu and Aragaki did time travel. In the mean time, Hanekawa created a giant tiger burning down her house.

Aragaki came back from his time travel, finds something black chasing him and hachikuji and fled into some place somewhere.

When that ordeal was over, he introduced kanburo to Garen in the old cram school building right? That must happen before he rescue Hanekawa from the tiger. I mean tiger later burned that place down so it only made sense that way.

Next, Garen gave Aragaki a talisman for safe keeping. Nadeko stole it and went insane. She became a god at the that mountain shrine too.

Kaiki was then recruited by  senjougahara to deal with nandeko who now plans on murdering Aragaki, his GF, and shinobu. 

Kaiki succeeded and got stabbed to death by some random kid he scammed in the past. 

Is that right? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 12/10/2018 at 3:43 PM, Speed Weed said:

Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken is very good! I love the series so far. 

If you like the anime, the LNs (light novels) are good.  Really explains and fills in parts that the anime does not cover or lightly mentions.

Though, I was a little miffed episode 20 skip a small part of book four.  :I  

Spoiler

I wanted to see a drunk tiger, darn it.

On another note, enjoying Dororo at the moment as well.