Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
On 4/7/2018 at 5:24 AM, Type 2501 said:

Darling in the Franxx is entertaining, but I can't help the feeling it is discounted evangelion.

I haven;t watched Evangelion yet, but seeing a clip they do seem similar.

On 4/16/2018 at 1:16 PM, MyInnerFred said:

Yup season 3 of Overlord announced right as S2 was ending. It's a miracle.... Madhouse very rarely does S2's of anything they animate... now they not only did a S2 of Overlord they are doing a S3 right after S2 finished airing.... 

The Light Novels are getting better and better as it goes too.

Maybe they finally got someone in a high position that sees the potential of adapting a large series, especially one as popular as Overlord.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

On 4/16/2018 at 9:27 AM, TetraSky said:

Oldvsbad.png

BuOcU2N.gif.972d343f1a07a0fafad6df3096dc1590.gif

Anyway. Finished cowboy bebop yesterday. Really need to get some of the music.

Now to figure out what to slowly watch over the next month.

Blarg

@wolfgang you could try Twins Star if you haven't watched it yet, 50 episodes and ain't half bad. or you could watch some of the ones featuring on Netflix like A.I.C.O, Blame!, Kuro mukuro etc (can be watched else where) as they where not bad either. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

@LAwLz I would have to agree with your point of view, I have watched up to ep 15 though 

Spoiler

The ep14 wifu war was ridiculous as myself and a friend usually talk about the episodes a day after and we had no issue we saw that ichigo was being just ignored by hiro but to do with how people go so negative towards her it can be nullified by the response the adults gave to here anyway as it seemed it was already gonna happen with or without Ichigos intervention into said issue. 

02 did show a side to her that only came visible due to accepting that she can pretend to be human but was countered by the emotional past that 02 and Hiro actually ended up sharing at one point.

I hate spoilers because I try to remain vague for the ones that haven't seen it but are still wanting to look at what the spoiler contains.... 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

@LAwLz I would have to agree with your point of view, I have watched up to ep 15 though 

Hide contents

The ep14 wifu war was ridiculous as myself and a friend usually talk about the episodes a day after and we had no issue we saw that ichigo was being just ignored by hiro but to do with how people go so negative towards her it can be nullified by the response the adults gave to here anyway as it seemed it was already gonna happen with or without Ichigos intervention into said issue. 

02 did show a side to her that only came visible due to accepting that she can pretend to be human but was countered by the emotional past that 02 and Hiro actually ended up sharing at one point.

I hate spoilers because I try to remain vague for the ones that haven't seen it but are still wanting to look at what the spoiler contains.... 

I have now watched episode 15.

Spoiler

What a ride that was. I think that arc ended pretty well. 02 has redeemed herself. Ichigo did too to a certain degree (although I don't think she did anything wrong). Goro solidified himself as best wingman and best bro of the series. 

Miku and Zoromi are still the best couple though.

I really like this series so far.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

I have now watched episode 15.

Hide contents

What a ride that was. I think that arc ended pretty well. 02 has redeemed herself. Ichigo did too to a certain degree (although I don't think she did anything wrong). Goro solidified himself as best wingman and best bro of the series. 

Miku and Zoromi are still the best couple though.

I really like this series so far.

Ooooooh Ep 15 did nicely to finish that arc for sure. 

Spoiler

Gore is Best wingman and Bro like damn he Just went though a lot cause be Ichigo n Hiro and still stuck by both of them. 

I will say when I was talkin to a mate on ep 14 (prior to ep15 release) I called out how Hiro and 02 where gonna end up talking again. (The Training mech dash).

Liked the way they showed 02 had become more human again by having the Horns return to somewhat the normal size. 

Great story telling by far and yeah dunno why sooo many people got triggered with Ichigo as she technically didn't do anything wrong in my eyes. 

Definitely looking forward to the next episode

On 4/16/2018 at 9:50 AM, Eduard the weeb said:

Am I the only one waiting for all the shows to finish so I could binge them in the span of 3 days ?

Nope, I'm waiting as well.

Plus, I'm busy binging on a few past year shows (since I finally once again on cable Internet and not a sat link).  Currently watching Children of the Whales (interesting so far).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 4/24/2018 at 1:58 AM, Alex Colson said:

@wolfgang you could try Twins Star if you haven't watched it yet, 50 episodes and ain't half bad. or you could watch some of the ones featuring on Netflix like A.I.C.O, Blame!, Kuro mukuro etc (can be watched else where) as they where not bad either. 

I forget about netflix and such. Just watch everything on other peoples plex servers.

Blarg

New episodes of Wakfu!!!

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:50 PM, wolfgang said:

I forget about netflix and such. Just watch everything on other peoples plex servers.

There's some really good stuff on Netflix atm so if you can go for it. This years releases the ones that come to mind are Devilman: Crybaby (that was amazing, really really amazing), B the beginning & violet evergarden. There were a few good ones from 2017 too.

Have any of you ever watched Welcome to the NHK?  I finished watching it, and I don't think I've ever felt a deeper connection to a piece of media in all of my life.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

First trailer for Attack on Titan S3 was released a few days ago! Third season will premiere in Japan on July 22nd (though maybe subject to change)

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

What are your three favourite animes?

My list:

1. Fairy Tail

2. Sword Art Online 

3. Dragon Ball

1. No Game No Life

2. Irregular at Magic High School

3. Naruto

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.

1.  Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

2.  Kill La Kill

3.  Be a tie between Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Darker Than Black

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I dont have a particular order but my favorites are probably Rurouni Kenshin, Dragonball and the Gundam series.

Mugen no Junin and Hajime no Ippo get honorable mentions too. 

I don't really have a top 3, but if I absolutely had to choose a few

1- The Irregular at Magic High School

2- Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya the Evil
3- No Game No Life

Special mention : Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (movie and tv series)

Just because of how much better and faithful to the original Visual Novel, than the first F/SN anime.

I've got a list for this, with a few more anime that are worth watching but didn't make the cut to the top 3.

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/TetraSky/anime/watched?sort=rating&order=desc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I loved overlord, darling in the franxx and is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Strike Witches

Mardock Scramble

Robotech/ The Macross Series

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

naruto

code geass

either assassination classroom or hellsing ultimate

Keep in mind i havent watched all that much anime 

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

6 hours ago, Aexaendrion said:

What are your three favourite animes?

My list:

1. Fairy Tail

2. Sword Art Online 

3. Dragon Ball

Sorry but I have to be honest with you:

You haven't watched much anime, go watch some more...

Because those, especially Sword Art Online, aren't that great. SAO only the First Arc is kinda good, the second one is just awful. I don't why its hyped so much. Log Horizon is better, Gate also and many others.

Anyway, I there are some I really liked and watched 3 or 4 times, for example:

Ars Nova (Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio) -> Ships with female mentalitys and an interesting setting

Gate -> Modern day Japan vs. Roman Empire in another World

To love-ru -> well, some naked body parts, lucky pervert. But kinda nice, in a way. Especially that blonde tsundere loli weapon.

The Wordl only God knows -> God of Dating doing some dates. Doesn't sound funny? Well, wrong kind of dates you are thinking about :D 

Tenchi Muyou - Ryo Ohki, especially the first season. That remastered late 80s/early 90s stuff just looks amazing in full HD.

Love Hina

Newer Stuff:
AICO Incarnation was kinda nice,

Knights and magic -> Mecha Otaku gets reborn in a World of magic Mecha. What can go wrong? :D

There are, of course, those totally imbalanced main charcacters in a strange world things like Smartphone to tomo ni and Death March that have to be Harem ones.

And here my Anime List:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/StefanP/anime/watched

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Nichijou

Humanity has Declined

Cowboy beebop.

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Sorry but I have to be honest with you:

You haven't watched much anime, go watch some more...

Because those, especially Sword Art Online, aren't that great. SAO only the First Arc is kinda good, the second one is just awful. I don't why its hyped so much. Log Horizon is better, Gate also and many others.

You probably got baited my good sir.

Old shit no one cares about but me.