Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
17 hours ago, Technicolors said:

anyone know any good cyberpunk anime they've watched, apart from ghost in the shell? 

YMMV of course, but here are the ones I recall off the top of my head:
Serial Experiments Lain

Texhnolyze

Ergo Proxy
Battle Angel
Bubblegum Crisis
Metropolis

Silent Mobius

Heat Guy J
Gunslinger Girl
Mardock Scramble

There's also a ton of GiTS (if you haven't watched the entire franchise yet then you might as well), and I suppose Psycho Pass qualifies as cyberpunk (but calling it "good" is a stretch, even just considering season one).

On 11/5/2016 at 11:45 AM, BashZeStampeedo said:

YMMV of course, but here are the ones I recall off the top of my head:
Serial Experiments Lain

Texhnolyze

Ergo Proxy
Battle Angel
Bubblegum Crisis
Metropolis

Silent Mobius

Heat Guy J
Gunslinger Girl
Mardock Scramble

There's also a ton of GiTS (if you haven't watched the entire franchise yet then you might as well), and I suppose Psycho Pass qualifies as cyberpunk (but calling it "good" is a stretch, even just considering season one).

thanks, i'll check em out

how should i go about watching GiTS? start with the 1995 film? 

eh i liked psycho pass S1. S2 was a bit worse IMO. the film psycho pass the movie was great 

4 hours ago, Technicolors said:

how should i go about watching GiTS? start with the 1995 film? 

eh i liked psycho pass S1. S2 was a bit worse IMO. the film psycho pass the movie was great 

With GiTS you might want to watch them in the order given on the stackexchange top comment: http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/2922/in-what-order-should-i-watch-the-ghost-in-the-shell-series . Or you also can try the order in which they aired, if you'd prefer.

In the interests of not bashing on Urobutcher's opus too much, let's just say that it's an unremarkable cyberpunk specimen and leave it at that.

Dont know how many of you stream but im stumped

My god, this is funny af!

xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

i bought a switch testing kit a few days ago, and it came in today. the kit comes with gaterons, kailhs, outemu, cherry mx, and greentech. played around with it for a few hours, and i still can't make a conclusion on which switch i like the most lol. but i'm liking the mx clears and whites. now to look for what keyboards use these switches... 

Hey so I've been poking around the forum a lot more after quite a bit of lurking. Thought I'd join in the fun here too. Have MAL and AP pages in my sig, can add me there.  Will also join the steam group. Looking forward to being part of another community.

Been "Into" anime for about a year. Another net friend of mine gave me a link to their Anime Planet account and told me to watch some things there. Before then I'd seen Ghibli stuff ofc, and some other films like GitS and Tokyo Godfarthers. First TV series I properly watched was Wolf's Rain but that was quite some time ago now. (I'm sure when I was really young I would have seen some Astroboy, Kimba or Pokemon on TV but I wouldn't count that as I don't remember much from it.)

Uh I guess if I was to pick a top three of mine off the top of my head, I'd go: 
Hyouka, Durarara, Toradora (in no particular order) with honorable mentions to Eden of the East, Tokyo Godfathers and Monogatari animes.

Right now I'm watching Cowboy Bebop, Index SII, Durarara S3 to name a few. Just started Spice and Wolf today and EP1 already has me into it. Not watching anything seasonal at the moment, Crunchyroll seems like a pretty cool thing but where I live some stuff isn't available due to licensing restrictions and BDs are where it's at anyway. 

For manga I've read the Durarara stuff that's out and enjoyed that a lot. Have read some Railgun, My Little Monster and Toradora but put those on hold because I started a whole bunch at once and Manga is quite expensive over here, can only afford to get so much. Currently reading Tokyo Ghoul at the moment though.

Hope a post like this is okay, wasn't sure how else to go about saying, "Hi." Apologies if I did wrong here.

26 minutes ago, FoxyOrange said:

Hey so I've been poking around the forum a lot more after quite a bit of lurking. Thought I'd join in the fun here too. Have MAL and AP pages in my sig, can add me there.  Will also join the steam group. Looking forward to being part of another community.

Been "Into" anime for about a year. Another net friend of mine gave me a link to their Anime Planet account and told me to watch some things there. Before then I'd seen Ghibli stuff ofc, and some other films like GitS and Tokyo Godfarthers. First TV series I properly watched was Wolf's Rain but that was quite some time ago now. (I'm sure when I was really young I would have seen some Astroboy, Kimba or Pokemon on TV but I wouldn't count that as I don't remember much from it.)

Uh I guess if I was to pick a top three of mine off the top of my head, I'd go: 
Hyouka, Durarara, Toradora (in no particular order) with honorable mentions to Eden of the East, Tokyo Godfathers and Monogatari animes.

Right now I'm watching Cowboy Bebop, Index SII, Durarara S3 to name a few. Just started Spice and Wolf today and EP1 already has me into it. Not watching anything seasonal at the moment, Crunchyroll seems like a pretty cool thing but where I live some stuff isn't available due to licensing restrictions and BDs are where it's at anyway. 

For manga I've read the Durarara stuff that's out and enjoyed that a lot. Have read some Railgun, My Little Monster and Toradora but put those on hold because I started a whole bunch at once and Manga is quite expensive over here, can only afford to get so much. Currently reading Tokyo Ghoul at the moment though.

Hope a post like this is okay, wasn't sure how else to go about saying, "Hi." Apologies if I did wrong here.

You're fine, quite a few of us are active on the discord chat group if you would like to join in too: https://discord.gg/Ck3YFVV

Anyway, I just finished Gurren Lagann, man did it go way overboard at the end....

Old shit no one cares about but me.

27 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

You're fine, quite a few of us are active on the discord chat group if you would like to join in too: https://discord.gg/Ck3YFVV

Sweet. I'm "Shadoo" on Disco. On there now.

28 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

Anyway, I just finished Gurren Lagann, man did it go way overboard at the end....

Been wanting to start that. Might get into it when I finish something I'm watching at the moment.

1 minute ago, FoxyOrange said:

Sweet. I'm "Shadoo" on Disco. On there now.

Been wanting to start that. Might get into it when I finish something I'm watching at the moment.

well don't be shy :D

if you're looking into something completely over the top, gurren lagann is your show.

On 19/10/2016 at 8:21 PM, That_Random_Guy said:

My progress so far with Sabers Excalibur and avalon

20161018_213449.jpg

the top section of avalone had a slight warpand left a small gap which you can see. gotta fill it with bondo before i start sanding 

2 more pics here

Reveal hidden contents

20161018_213501.jpg20161018_213555.jpg

Heres an imgur of all the pics i've taken so far

http://imgur.com/a/aqWko

VeM5S1T.jpg
Looking ok. 

Has the inner circle discussed the live action GiTS trailer as of yet?

@FoxyOrange Welcome to the main club thread, were doing a club reboot in the next month. And did I see Hyouka as one of your favorites? One of my favorite series as well, good taste.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

8 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

@FoxyOrange Welcome to the main club thread, were doing a club reboot in the next month. And did I see Hyouka as one of your favorites? One of my favorite series as well, good taste.

What does the Club Reboot mean exactly? New thread?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Watched the first season of Sound! Euphonium the other day in a single 5 hour sitting (14 episodes). Pretty solid anime with some nice music in it. Watched the six episodes of the second season the day after (only six out thus far).

TL;DR - About the journey of a school band that is aiming to reach the national school competition.

A lot of nice music. With a little bit of drama (basically tags along with the school theme). Thus far a solid anime. I highly recommend it.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

What does the Club Reboot mean exactly? New thread?

New thread, new name. Unless everyone still wants to use this one. If so then I'll need to get in contact with luclock(aka JLCitadel) again and see if the admins can do some sort of thread ownership transfer. 

1 hour ago, GlassBomb said:

Watched the first season of Sound! Euphonium the other day in a single 5 hour sitting (14 episodes). Pretty solid anime with some nice music in it. Watched the six episodes of the second season the day after (only six out thus far).

TL;DR - About the journey of a school band that is aiming to reach the national school competition.

A lot of nice music. With a little bit of drama (basically tags along with the school theme). Thus far a solid anime. I highly recommend it.

I thought it was ok, liked the music. One of club members named trevor HATES it.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

12 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I thought it was ok, liked the music. One of club members named trevor HATES it.

Each their own. I liked it. Will continue to follow it as episodes get released.

If you're not one who likes instruments, and a bit of added drama. Then I can understand it.

13 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

maxresdefault.jpg

but yeah, hibike, its mediocre, I just love to hate on it. So much melodrama that I nearly suffocated.