Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

nu. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.owrkong 100% poop

a004a43ed8359d54524851dc45758bd7.png happy-poop-poop-emoticon.png 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Might as well post some more impressions of stuff. Nice to be able to watch/read stuff again! I'll probably have caught up with stuff in one more post at this rate.

This season of anime:

Spoiler

Bloodivores (1). passable.
Surprisingly flat and lifeless until the twist, full of cheesy music, boring character interactions, and an overall lack of creativity. The aforementioned twist was half-decent, and might have even made for a fun off-the-beaten path shounen series, but according to the next episode preview all this is just another "framed to be put into some prisoner death-sport" show, which is about as boring and overused a premise as it gets these days. Maybe if the first half of the episode had established a real reason for me to care about the characters beyond "society shuns ze filthy mutants", I might give it a shot (or if it was at least as over-the-top stupid as Deadman Wonderland).

Poco's Udon World (1). passable.
This wasn't very compelling for a show about yet another wayward bachelor who ostensibly learns the joys of being a parent. It feels like we've had plenty of those anime ever since Bunny Drop came around, but none of them have ever understood characterization as well. This was flat and boring, with overly insistent writing (gee I wonder if he should reopen the udon shop with all those customers randomly waiting?) and it even gave away its secret not only in the OP but also when the MC randomly ran across a priest who flat-out gave it away a second time. So yeah, not much to go on here. The hook of the guy having to hide the secret of the kid's identity isn't really enough to go on with this style of show.

March comes in like a Lion (1). good.
Normally I'd be more snarky about how pretentious this show seems, but the fact is that it's actually TRYING; it feels like Shaft is doing their best to remember how to tell a story again, rather than mocking the very notion with head tilts and verbal diarrhea. And it's doing a marvelous job compared to the other darling of the season Yuri on Ice, which is nothing but cheap tricks by comparison. Its big problems are typical of the genre: it feels like a live-action version would be more suitable, and there's no real over-arching substance to the story... it's just a slice of life character drama so far.

Flip Flappers (1). fine.
Looks nice, but it doesn't really have much going for it beyond that. In fact it reminds me a lot of Rolling Girls in that regard. It's hard to get invested when I barely know anything about what's going on and it's all so simplistic. It may prove enough for a fun adventure romp on a mindless level, but that usually gets old really quickly as the spell subsides and all you're left with is frayed nonsense with increasingly tiresome character dynamics. But then this sort of thing can also turn into a Mahou Shoujo-tai instead of a Rolling Girls, so it's worth a second look.

ClassicaLoid (1). fine.
Remixed classical music, huh? Well this sure won't be a divisive anime. As far as zany comedies go, I was hoping for something more along the lines of Thermae Romae or Sekkou Boys. At least it has energy and creativity, but as usual for these series it's the comedy that's my chief concern. Someone really has to tell the anime industry that shouting is not a replacement for actual humor. There was still enough entertainment to go around, but aside from "Badass Beethoven" I can't say that it'll be enough of a premise to carry a series for more than another random episode or two.

Manga I'm reading:

Spoiler

And Yet the Town Moves (c131-133). great.
It seems that Hotori's messed-up personality will always be fun to explore. She hits just the right balance of a kid wanting to grow up, but still wanting to be a kid. In fact she's one of the few characters like her that I've ever seen handled realistically, and it's fascinating that there aren't more attempts given how well it works.

A Bride's Story (c56-59). fine.
Just your typical slice of lifey chapters, but for this manga that's a good thing. I appreciate that they've started to jump between the various sub-cast's stories together more frequently, though Pariya's story is starting to make Amir and Karluk's feel entirely redundant. I'm also still not digging the translation being so "modern" with Pariya's lines, but at least it gets the point across.

Sayoko's Romantic Ghost Story (c31-34). passable.
This felt a bit flimsier than usual, presumably because they were relying too much on already-established jokes, so all that's left is the drama (which they even called themselves out on). But it's nice that they're still experimenting with the premise, and trying to make sense of Sayoko's character. If all goes well they can make something of this arc's scenario, or at least find a new well of potential to tap.

Helck (c70-77.1). passable.
There was a lot of talk in these chapters, mostly build-up to the next confrontation. But it was okay, even if much of it felt a bit redundant (or at least repetitive). They've written themselves into a corner now where not much they can do will be rewarding to the reader unless they throw in random twists or sacrifice on the comedy even more than they're doing now. I just hope the "snow" plot point will pay off in a way that feels creative and interesting, rather than just what you'd expect.

Jobless Reincarnation (c21-26). fine.
They're still doing okay with Rudeus' character, but the rest of this stuff feel more like window-dressing than a truly thought-out story at this point. I'm also hoping that something more interesting happens soon, because this entire arc has felt pretty sparse and unmotivated. Still, it's fine for what it is, and not boring enough to leave me disinterested.

Squid Girl Invades! (c351-365). fine.
It was nice to see mini-Ika again in the omake. The rest was par for the course for this manga, with a couple of chapters that were fun (362 was probably my favorite).

Seitokai Yakuindomo (c376-396). fine.
As for my other "I can't write much about this" manga, SyD is doing fine as always. Nothing memorable in these chapters, just more of the same. Fun enough to waste a few minutes on; not quite so repetitive that I feel like throwing up.

My progress so far with Sabers Excalibur and avalon

20161018_213449.jpg

the top section of avalone had a slight warpand left a small gap which you can see. gotta fill it with bondo before i start sanding 

2 more pics here

Spoiler

20161018_213501.jpg20161018_213555.jpg

Heres an imgur of all the pics i've taken so far

http://imgur.com/a/aqWko

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I've been rebooting Fate series recently. I have watched Fate Stay Night but not UBW, Zero or Kaleid spin off. Zero is wicked, UBW was alright. Battle scenes were really awesome but it is really slow pace sometime. But Kaleid, oh man, I was not prepare for that. So hilarious, I thought it would be endless fan service but I was wrong. It has acceptable plot and really nice chemistry between characters. Finishing 2wei Herz now.

I wonder should I buy this

gerabVX.jpg

but it`s 20€. :/

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

what kind of material is it?

i like the dragon text, though no clue what it translates to 

On 10/21/2016 at 11:27 AM, raphidy said:

I've been rebooting Fate series recently. I have watched Fate Stay Night but not UBW, Zero or Kaleid spin off. Zero is wicked, UBW was alright. Battle scenes were really awesome but it is really slow pace sometime. But Kaleid, oh man, I was not prepare for that. So hilarious, I thought it would be endless fan service but I was wrong. It has acceptable plot and really nice chemistry between characters. Finishing 2wei Herz now.

I agree, Kaleid is pretty good and not what I expected when I first got into it, and it's not straying off too far from the original source too so that's a plus. (manga)

The fan service in Kaleid is mostly kept to a 1 episode per season or so if I remember correctly. And on the OVA that's released after a season in done, but you don't need to watch that, it's completely unrelated to the actual story.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

what kind of material is it?

i like the dragon text, though no clue what it translates to 

Leather. And I don`t know what is the meaning behind the text.

Its labeled as Skyrim Faux Dragonborn.

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

2 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

Leather. And I don`t know what is the meaning behind the text.

Its labeled as Skyrim Faux Dragonborn.

Faux Leather. Also known as fake/artificial leather.

You'd honestly be much better off getting something not marketed towards gamers.

aLMPQ3g_460s.jpg

This is just too cute, damn! DCWLrLY.gif

my new case. gonna try to move my entire pc and custom loop into this and hope it all fits

20161028_135535.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

personally one of my favorite looking cases this year. only thing is that there's also tempered glass on the right side, but i guess that's ample excuse to better cable management. plus it's a nice way to show off cablemod cables 

Because of people like this one

I feel ashamed to call myself anime fan. :(

17 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

Because of people like this one I feel ashamed to call myself anime fan. :(

To be fair I think pretty much all of humanity cringes that they're of the same species.

6 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

took that video to imgur for reasons....

http://i.imgur.com/wWwGFyN.gifv

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Am I allowed to do a giveaway of sorts? I got a Blue Apron code with my GPU that I'm not interested in using. It's a $30 gift code.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

On October 22, 2016 at 1:13 PM, TetraSky said:

I agree, Kaleid is pretty good and not what I expected when I first got into it, and it's not straying off too far from the original source too so that's a plus. (manga)

The fan service in Kaleid is mostly kept to a 1 episode per season or so if I remember correctly. And on the OVA that's released after a season in done, but you don't need to watch that, it's completely unrelated to the actual story.

Does Crunchyroll have all the Fate series?

I've never seen them..  ?

(Watched them I mean.)

On October 28, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Belgarionbg said:

This is just too cute, damn! DCWLrLY.gif

You wouldn't have any more things like that Holo would you?  ?

And/or point to where more are? 

It's awesome and cute and more would make my day.  ?

On October 29, 2016 at 2:43 AM, That_Random_Guy said:

my new case. gonna try to move my entire pc and custom loop into this and hope it all fits

It doesn't look like it has decent front ventilation though..  

Is it going to work ok?

On October 30, 2016 at 7:24 PM, Belgarionbg said:

So much cringe!  ?

Any idea who the girls are in the poster?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Does Crunchyroll have all the Fate series?

I've never seen them..  ?

(Watched them I mean.)

CrunchyRoll and Netflix has both seasons of Fate/Zero and both season of Fate/Unlimited Blade Works.

Honestly, UBW is better than the "original" anime(fate/stay night), which tried to incorporate features from all the "routes" but somewhat failed IMO. (still good... but not "best" like UBW which actually follows the storyline properly.

Fate/Zero is the "prequel", happens 10 years before Fate/UBW, so you may want to watch it first.

But, for some reason, Crunchy Roll named Fate/UBW the same as the original, Fate/Stay Night

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatestay-night (actually Fate/UBW)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatezero (be sure to sort them as "Oldest" to see Season 1 at the top and not the Dub)

The Fate/Kaleid is a magical girl "spin-off", all 4 seasons are on Crunchy roll too. And it's not all love and sunshine, like most magical girl anime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatekaleid-liner-prisma-illya (sort as Oldest again)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

CrunchyRoll and Netflix has both seasons of Fate/Zero and both season of Fate/Unlimited Blade Works.

Honestly, UBW is better than the "original" anime(fate/stay night), which tried to incorporate features from all the "routes" but somewhat failed IMO. (still good... but not "best" like UBW which actually follows the storyline properly.

Fate/Zero is the "prequel", happens 10 years before Fate/UBW, so you may want to watch it first.

But, for some reason, Crunchy Roll named Fate/UBW the same as the original, Fate/Stay Night

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatestay-night (actually Fate/UBW)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatezero (be sure to sort them as "Oldest" to see Season 1 at the top and not the Dub)

The Fate/Kaleid is a magical girl "spin-off", all 4 seasons are on Crunchy roll too. And it's not all love and sunshine, like most magical girl anime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatekaleid-liner-prisma-illya (sort as Oldest again)

Thank you.  ?