Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

so i applied for a job at best buy.. right now four are marked 'no longer consideration'. though two positions are marked under review. i hope this goes well, because these past few months i've been doing absolutely nothing. 

Just now, zappian said:

Hello people . I havent really watched that much anime but I do wanna say hello to the cool people on this thread.

Howdy.

Hello again. How have you been?

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm sorry, but we threw away your tacos.  They were moldy.

3 minutes ago, Charger said:

Hello again. How have you been?

Its been fairly  meh , Also rip tacos :( .

13 minutes ago, zappian said:

Well sorry to hear that. The anime club has kind of been dead for some time, although there is a revival planned for the future, some of the people have moved to discord.

15 hours ago, BirdyBlue007 said:

Okay so I just wanna highly suggest plastic memories and Beyond the Boundary!!!

For any particular reasons, or to any specific types of viewers?

13 hours ago, zappian said:

Don't worry, plenty more where they came from.

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

to me the last like 2 episodes makes up for the rest of the crap in plastic memories lol

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

to me the last like 2 episodes makes up for the rest of the crap in plastic memories lol

I actually thought Plastic Memories was a good anime from the beginning til the end though

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Don't worry, plenty more where they came from.

U watched the new berserk?

Steve

9 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

I actually thought Plastic Memories was a good anime from the beginning til the end though

it was kind of slow and dragged with what seemed like no real reason for most of it. The last few episodes kind of made up for that to me.

Just now, Charger said:

it was kind of slow and dragged with what seemed like no real reason for most of it. The last few episodes kind of made up for that to me.

Well, it got halted a bit after Tsukasa's confession to Isla gone haywire for a while though

But yeah, after she agreed to be his girlfriend it gets better, too bad after that there was 3 episodes left, rofl

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

@BashZeStampeedo plastic memories if you like Clannad or Angel Beats because it's got a sad but romantic story line. Beyond the Boundary is just really cute and funny with a decent story line. Those where just the top two that came to suggestion. I can't recommend a lot of anime cause I mostly read manga, but if you have any really good anime I should watch let me know!!!

1 hour ago, BirdyBlue007 said:

@BashZeStampeedo plastic memories if you like Clannad or Angel Beats because it's got a sad but romantic story line. Beyond the Boundary is just really cute and funny with a decent story line. Those where just the top two that came to suggestion. I can't recommend a lot of anime cause I mostly read manga, but if you have any really good anime I should watch let me know!!!

Oh, ok. From the perspective of a relatively new viewer, I can see those still being pretty enjoyable. I can't really say that I'm the world's biggest fan of overwrought drama though, and I've seen way too many "cute and funny" anime to consider KnK a standout just on those merits. But sure.

If you like those you might enjoy Spice and Wolf for the romance and Natsume Yuujinchou for the feels and supernatural elements (new Natsume season coming out soon, btw). For a sillier romcom there's always Nozaki, and for something with a bit more of the angst like those shows, there's Honey and Clover. Or if you want something more off the beaten path, you could always give Princess Tutu a serious try.

2 hours ago, Laputacake said:

U watched the new berserk?

Nah. Haven't really watched any anime since we last chatted, just some light rewatches with friends. I suspect that the CG ruined it for most fans (plus that part of the manga isn't exactly stellar).

2 hours ago, Charger said:

Yeah, I think we actually discussed it before...? I thought the idea was alright, but dat execution...

3 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Oh, ok. From the perspective of a relatively new viewer, I can see those still being pretty enjoyable. I can't really say that I'm the world's biggest fan of overwrought drama though, and I've seen way too many "cute and funny" anime to consider KnK a standout just on those merits. But sure.

If you like those you might enjoy Spice and Wolf for the romance and Natsume Yuujinchou for the feels and supernatural elements (new Natsume season coming out soon, btw). For a sillier romcom there's always Nozaki, and for something with a bit more of the angst like those shows, there's Honey and Clover. Or if you want something more off the beaten path, you could always give Princess Tutu a serious try.

Nah. Haven't really watched any anime since we last chatted, just some light rewatches with friends. I suspect that the CG ruined it for most fans (plus that part of the manga isn't exactly stellar).

Yeah, I think we actually discussed it before...? I thought the idea was alright, but dat execution...

I feel like if someone liked angle beats and plastic memories they would also like your lie in april

So where does nodame cantabile fall in your spectrum of romance anime?

ya we talked about plastic memories before. If you couldn't make it to the end that is understandable because the end is the part that makes the rest ok. lol

10 minutes ago, Charger said:

I feel like if someone liked angle beats and plastic memories they would also like your lie in april

ya we talked about plastic memories before. If you couldn't make it to the end that is understandable because the end is the part that makes the rest ok. lol

What does "plastic memories" mean?  

I haven't heard of that term before.

12 minutes ago, Charger said:

I just value the journey more than the destination in my anime (mostly because their endings tend to be... lackluster at best). I could see myself finishing Plastic Memories for the lulz some day, but not while I'm too busy to watch much anime :)

Nodame Cantabile is definitely one I'd personally recommend, especially for the comedy. But when it switches gears more to the careerism and romance angles in the second season, most viewers seem to lose interest. They're just in it for the comedy, maybe.

April probably *is* something they'd enjoy, sure. But it's been so hyped over the past couple of years that I'd be surprised if they needed our help to know about it :)

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

The romantic interest is a gynoid, and the story is supposed to be about her perception of memories, so they tried to be clever with their choice of Engrish title.

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

its the name of an anime lol

3 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I just value the journey more than the destination in my anime (mostly because their endings tend to be... lackluster at best). I could see myself finishing Plastic Memories for the lulz some day, but not while I'm too busy to watch much anime :)

Nodame Cantabile is definitely one I'd personally recommend, especially for the comedy. But when it switches gears more to the careerism and romance angles in the second season, most viewers seem to lose interest. They're just in it for the comedy, maybe.

April probably *is* something they'd enjoy, sure. But it's been so hyped over the past couple of years that I'd be surprised if they needed our help to know about it :)

true I watched your lie in april when it was still coming out (I think) so i didn't get all the hype I just randomly ran across a video that recommend it 

4 minutes ago, Charger said:

true I watched it when it was still coming out (I think) so i didn't get all the hype I just randomly ran across a video that recommend it 

Yeah, I watched it for a few eps as it aired. Just enough to know that it wasn't for me. Too transparent, frustrating "comedy", unengaging characters, and not enough neat music performances to really make up for it. Kind of a kid's version of Nodame Cantabile with the angst cranked up because I guess teens can't "into" a drama that isn't about to cut its own wrists all the time.

4 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

The romantic interest is a gynoid, and the story is supposed to be about her perception of memories.

I definitely agree about liking anime but being disappointed by the endings.

Far too often they don't reach a satisfying conclusion or leave plots unresolved with some because of a second or further season that never ends up happening.

Also lots of endings hit me right in the feels and have a very bittersweet ending that hits me hard.  ?   (Still good endings of course.)

Your Lie in April is very good but oh my Godoka it's one the most soul sucking depressing anime that I have ever seen.  I'm a male and not afraid to admit I had to try crazy hard not to cry a bit at the end...  

Ohhhhh.  Plastic Memories is an anime.  Oops I hadn't heard of that.  

10 minutes ago, Charger said:

its the name of an anime lol

true I watched your lie in april when it was still coming out (I think) so i didn't get all the hype I just randomly ran across a video that recommend it 

Yeah just found that out.  ?

I hadn't heard of it so I got confused.  lol

9 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Yeah just found that out.  ?

I hadn't heard of it so I got confused.  lol

Not missing much for not knowing it lol

Man, Plastic Memories pissed me off lol

also beyond the boundary is just boring. I zoned out on episode 4 or something and didn't go back.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is it bad?  ?

yes and no. its not the worst thing I have watched but I would not really recommend it unless you are willing to sit through most of it before it becomes worth it lol.