Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
6 hours ago, Charger said:

who has time for things these days?

How's all that anime I sent you coming along? I sent you prime cut! 

6 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i have plenty of time to watch/read, but i don't do it for some reason

Haven't found something good enough to make you come back until it's done I feel. 

4 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

How's all that anime I sent you coming along? I sent you prime cut! 

well I never plugged back in my hard drives after I unhooked them many months ago to see if my noise issue was them or my psu.

7 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

Have you seen the original movie or its sequel? 

Otherwise I'd say GITS Arise watch the OVA Movies not the series. I actually have all of the LE sub only BDs. Bought them because back I the day I couldn't afford the GITS SAC DVDs which had a LE for ever version as well. They also had DTS instead of Dolby Digital! 

Otherwise Mardock Scramble if you looking for something right along the same line. 

Technically an alternate timeliness prequel to SAC. Lots of people were hating on the new animation. I quite liked it kinda fits the less experienced Section 9. I need to watch the theatrical movie yet. 

Bebop is great! I also own Ergo Proxy from back in the day. Just thought of another interesting one from a bit after Red Garden. It a pretty good animation if I recall. That then reminds me of Gankutsuou The Count of Monte Cristo. My husband of that was towards the end of the pre-digital/pre-HD Era. 

Real Drive might be interesting. It's what the team that did SAC did next. Story is a bit weak but great world building. Also great if not amazing OP and ED.

Now for some reason I'm thinking about Eureka Seven and Xamd. I think because Comet Lucifer reminds me of them here are there. Oh and Xamd has an OP by Boom Boom Satellites if I recall... 

I've seen the original GitS movie (as well as it's more recent remaster) and Innocence. To be honest I don't even remember the details of what sound formats they supported :)

The other anime you mention are pretty good as well, depending on what someone's after. I think Red Garden goes well with Bokurano and Princess Tutu. Gankutsuou is an easy recommendation for people looking for something neat; Le Chevalier D'Eon and Book of Bantorra are two that it reminds me of. Real Drive might need some patience. I'd suggest Time of Eve and Key the Metal Idol as options for that one. I always found E7 to be on the overrated side, but it's got enough good moments to justify the lengthy watch. X'amd, Rahxephon, and Last Exile might be good picks for fans of that one (Comet Lucifer is not, sadly). Yes, X'amd had an OP by BBS (Shut up and Explode) which people really liked, but I always preferred the first ED (Vacancy).

Another recommendation for GitS fans would be Texhnolyze, though it's not for everyone.

9 minutes ago, raphidy said:

What do you guys recommend for last season animes? I want to marathon good ones this weekend, been so long that I watched a good series. I stop mid Erased because  I couldn't wait every week.

I finished Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu today and it's pretty good if you are into dramas.

I'm currently midway through Ajin and I feel like I'm going to binge watch the rest of it. It's a great seinen if you can stand the cgi.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

5 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

I finished Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu today and it's pretty good if you are into dramas.

I'm currently midway through Ajin and I feel like I'm going to binge watch the rest of it. It's a great seinen if you can stand the cgi.

Not really into drama stuff, I could try. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso left a boring mark of drama in my head since. Ajin looks really interesting, I don't know about cgi, it looks like Knights of Sidonia which I didn't watch. I mostly watch slice of life/comedy/moe stuff. I really liked ojisan to marshmallow.

I really can't stand harem anime with no plot and just fanservice.

21 minutes ago, raphidy said:

Not really into drama stuff, I could try. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso left a boring mark of drama in my head since. Ajin looks really interesting, I don't know about cgi, it looks like Knights of Sidonia which I didn't watch. I mostly watch slice of life/comedy/moe stuff. I really liked ojisan to marshmallow.

I really can't stand harem anime with no plot and just fanservice.

The most recommendable shows from last season would be the Rakugo anime and Everything Flows. Everything else is hit and miss. Erased was overhyped, but had its moments if you're not asking for much. The best comedies were probably Konosuba and Sekkou Boys. Based on what you say, the following might also work for you: Dagashikashi, Galko-chan, Nijiiro Days, Show White with the Red Hair, Grimgar, and maaaaybe Shoujo-tachi. I'd also say give Tabi Machi Late Show a serious try (it's short). This season seems much better-suited for undemanding slice of life fans/moe/light comedy fans, with shows like Flying Witch, Tanaka-san, Kuma Miko, Sansha Sanyou, and 12-sai.

10 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

You lie in april is like the best Dramas ever made,

Careful. April can't even live up to its current over-hype, let alone claims that it's the best drama ever made.

16 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

i wouldn't say that but it was good however it was rather predictable.

14 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

I was overexaggerating, but i guess i i failed to make it clear -.-

I know, I'm just a party-pooper :P

18 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

The most recommendable shows from last season would be the Rakugo anime and Everything Flows. Everything else is hit and miss. Erased was overhyped, but had its moments if you're not asking for much. The best comedies were probably Konosuba and Sekkou Boys. Based on what you say, the following might also work for you: Dagashikashi, Galko-chan, Nijiiro Days, Show White with the Red Hair, Grimgar, and maaaaybe Shoujo-tachi. I'd also say give Tabi Machi Late Show a serious try (it's short). This season seems much better-suited for undemanding slice of life fans/moe/light comedy fans, with shows like Flying Witch, Tanaka-san, Kuma Miko, Sansha Sanyou, and 12-sai.

I'll take of your recommendations. I did watch a bit of sekkou boys and nijiiro days. They were good. Konosuba, i haven't watch it all because after like 3 episodes, I went straight up to the light novel and read like 3 volumes. Funny as hell.

4 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Dont really know what youve watched but have you see NouCome, D-Frag or Norin? 

They arent from last season but theyre pretty good

Yup, watched all that. They were good. You lie in april maybe good for some but man, it was long for me and at the end I was just like could she just die and be done with it. The last episode was really nice though. 5cm per second is my favorite drama/romance.

1 hour ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

I was overexaggerating, but i guess i i failed to make it clear -.-

well we do have a guy that comes in here every few months talking about how fairy tail is the best anime ever made so we just kind of roll with it these days lol

4 hours ago, raphidy said:

What do you guys recommend for last season animes? I want to marathon good ones this weekend, been so long that I watched a good series. I stop mid Erased because  I couldn't wait every week.

IDK, but try these ones:

• Musaigen no phantom world
  • Dimension W
  • Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
  • Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

I watched those 4 animes including erased and assassination classroom 2nd season (anime is not finished yet)

2 hours ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Kek Probably because thats the only one he watches :P. Idk how anyone could watch an anime thats like 900 eps. Id get tierd of the Mc and universe

Maybe theres just alot of "casuals" here (that sounded eliteist ik"). Since there are many different kinds of people on this forum

well I have watched 157 episodes of fairy tail, 342 of bleach maybe 366 but not sure lol, 220 of naruto, about 400 of naruto shippuden and probably others I cant think of right now

4 hours ago, Charger said:

well I have watched 157 episodes of fairy tail, 342 of bleach maybe 366 but not sure lol, 220 of naruto, about 400 of naruto shippuden and probably others I cant think of right now

Rip standards, 738 ep. of One Piece, Bleach 366, 220 naruto, 362 Naruto Shippuuden and both Fairy Tail xD

*Couldn't handle Conan more than 25 ep.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

22 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I have VLC and GOM on my Thinkpad. xD 

This ThinkPad is weird.  It has an M260DX GPU.  DX means dual GPU.  What exactly makes it dual?  The A10's R6 7300+an M230 in dual mode, based on Crossfire puts 2 completely different GPUs into dual mode that = slightly better than an m260x in some applications, with crossfire support.  Otherwise, it is equal to an M260.  Beats a 7570m, though.

Use my setup you'll thank you self later. I actually got it to run (barely) on a first gen it's integrated GPU with considerable tweaking. 

19 hours ago, Charger said:

well I never plugged back in my hard drives after I unhooked them many months ago to see if my noise issue was them or my psu.

This website sucks I like keeps my old replies so I can't hit the reply button... Super annoying on mobile. Give me my tapatalk! 

Hook the drive back up you just had it apart to put in the new PSU. Did you recently get a SSD too? 

18 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

I've heard it's mostly quite enjoyable, like a better version of Attack on Titan... although Attack on Titan was enjoyable, to be fair.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

3 minutes ago, Crowes said:

I've heard it's mostly quite enjoyable, like a better version of Attack on Titan... although Attack on Titan was enjoyable, to be fair.

lol i hated attack on titian as i farken hated the characters in it >:(

kabanari is a ok as the only character i farken hate is that samurai guard dude

lives on

BAKABT